Some Rumor Mill News I Really like Alot

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if this has already been posted but I saw it & figured I'd put it up. If it has been posted already I apologize. I can only hope that there is truth in this rumor. Trumaine Johnson is the FA I want the most from this free agent class. Not only is he a beast for a CB whos, big, strong, athletic, & fast, he is a very good physical CB that is perfect for a 3-4 atop the CB depth chart with Fuller. He's only 26, is already a good CB, but I strongly believe that he will be one of the rare free agent signings that is already a very good player & still has upside. I do think that once he gets his first long term FA deal outside of Jenkins shadow, that this kid is really going to continue to make strides upwards for the better. Since he was picked, Johnson was a third round draft & develop prospect, with Jenkins already established as the Rams set in stone #1 CB.. The truth is Johnson has been developing into a CB that I actually like better than Jenkins. Johnson has shown that he is a perfect fit for a 3-4 defense where talented press/man CB's are a must for the system to be effective. This kid does very well at making receivers disappear in press coverage.

I know there are some really big FA names that people may desire more than this kid at the moment, but he is still young & just hitting a stride that I do strongly believe will make him the rare score in FA, that 10 years from now people will scratch their heads wonder anyone in their right mind let this kid hit FA. Johnson would be the perfect important defensive signing that will pay off now, but really look great in a year of acclimation to a new system. Plus with Johnson as the top press/Man Cover CB on the depth chart, this should take a ton of pressure off Fuller & make Fuller more effective to be able to do what he does best as a zone coverage technician who will should thrive lining up opposing Flank receivers. I beieve Johnson & Fuller would do very well together at holding down the outside secondary to help keep the LB's freed up away from having to help in coverage so they can spend their downs playing downhill to stop the run & pressure QB's.

I really hope the Bears sign this kid more than any other FA that they will actually have a shot at signing. Johnson is already good, & I think he'll only get better outside of Jenkins shadow.

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/01/27/c...edium=Network&utm_campaign=Around the Network

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are the Bears rumoured to be interested?

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
So would they be filling in the ILB slot in the draft in this scenario?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Yeah, there's no rumor, just speculation. I mean, i'm all for signing him, but there's nothing in that article even resembling a rumor.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Rummors are always flying around this time of year.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
"If he is available, I’d imagine that the fans would like to see Bears second-year GM Ryan Pace place Johnson near the top of his wishlist, because he’s exactly the type of shutdown corner this team could use. At 26, Johnson is coming off of the best season of his career, and while he does play around some decorated teammates, they benefit more from his work than the reciprocal."

more like writer's thought than a rumor

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Bear sign Trevathon, Jackson, Berry, and Osmele. I'm making this rumor. Hopefully it comes true.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
For some reason I thought this read as a Jordan Mills rumor that you liked..

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rumour

I like Malik Jackson

Confirmed: by me

I think you're selfish and live in your mom's basement, and I seriously doubt you really like him. Wait, isn't this how this board is suppose to work?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
"Chicago Bears: Put Trumaine Johnson on wishlist". That is the article title from the link at the bottom of the post.

Notice the colon after Chicago Bears? They're saying the Bears SHOULD look at Johnson, not implying that they are.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;x1p6Xbqrbx0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1p6Xbqrbx0[/video]

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do none of you know how to spell RUMMOR? (besides Gus)

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rumour is right this side of the atlantic.