Something kind of clicked - Matt Nagy holds the power now doesn't he?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
you would think so, but apparently coach Fox is on the record stating that his 1st QB choice was Watson. Pace still went and got Trubisky instead.

Not saying this is right, but in that instance he probably didn't much care because he knew he wasn't the long term coach and would be gone soon.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In retrospect, not picking Watson was a fantastic decision. Otherwise the Bears would now be just like the Packers, with an over paid baby wanting to leave town...not to mention the stain in Chicago the Bears would have with Watson fooling around with massage women in that town. Maybe picking Mitch was the hurdle that landed the team Fields, the actual QB that will change things on this team?
You are really happy that a lot of women were sexually assaulted, just so you can pretend like picking Mitch was the better choice. Pretty gross stuff there, Buffy.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I was a gm I would collaborate with my scouts and hc before making a definitive decision. Foisting players on a hc that he doesn’t want isn’t a winning strategy.
Yeah, teams have a "draft room" not a GM sitting in his office alone. Presumably Nagy is in said draft room.