Something that is being over looked from Thursday

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last week is the first time I watched a Bears game this year and was thoroughly entertained. As a fan, that's all I ask. I'm not a SB or bust kinda fan.

Hold up. This was your first game? If that's true why are you on here all the time? If thats true lol, pathetic.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hold up. This was your first game? If that's true why are you on here all the time? If thats true lol, pathetic.

I just read the box score and develop my opinions from there. It's the best way to be objective.

• Haha
Reactions: DC

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I would agree wholeheartedly with the OP right up until about the last 10 minutes of the game when Pagano went into the soft defense..I know all about the strategy of it all, I just don't agree with it..Play whatever worked for 3 quarters..If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Um, if you understand football that defense is played at the end of games when teams are winning to burn clock.

Thanks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fuller plays so far off, its a wonder he can get back to try for a pick
It isnt a wonder, that is how he gets interceptions. Play off, read QB, break on the ball. Hes literally the best in the NFL at that type of coverage.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Fuller dropping picks hurts. He’s so good at jumping those short routes with his closing speed but has Amos hands.

It depends on the QB and WR combo. Fuller needs to be more diverse in his approach to coverage. He is fantastic at attacking the ball as its being caught. However if you look at how he plays quick passes he bleeds 5 yards just coming up to those tackles. He doesn't get beat and is a sure tackler but showing press a few times coukd firce QBs to switch the toute creating disruption in the flow of offense. Fuller playing ten yards off is gameplanned against. He could play a little chess by showing press waiting for the QB to switch the route and then back off before the snap. In doing so he might shutdown the field from throws coming that way.

I think this would also help the rest of the defense.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
It isnt a wonder, that is how he gets interceptions. Play off, read QB, break on the ball. Hes literally the best in the NFL at that type of coverage.

I cannot believe ppl still bitch about Fuller. That is who he is and how he plays. It's not changing.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Tough to play off man coverage. Gotta be really disciplined.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's gotta be the throwback uniforms and Roquan is just faking this injury right?

E.Elliott had 19 carries for 82 yards and 2 TD's so not quite shutting him down.

Getting A.Hicks back will be big for stopping the run and Kwiat is good against the run as well. KPL being our cover LBer is a little worrisome but he'll be better than Kwiat i hope.
Outside of a 31yd run, he had 18carries for 51yds and the 2 short scores

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Last week is the first time I watched a Bears game this year and was thoroughly entertained. As a fan, that's all I ask. I'm not a SB or bust kinda fan.

But when we went conservative on both offense & defense for the 4th quarter...it was getting hard to watch. They beat the Cowgirls worse than the score seemed.
Jerry Jones literally said the same thing. this has been a bears thing for a long time they always seem to play soft as fuck just because they have a decent lead which imo is a mistake. But w/e....

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
LMAO. This is the dumbest sentiment and somehow it's quite common. Take away his two TDs and he'd have zero.

You can't take it away. It happened and he earned it.
Lol I’m not talking about his TDs. He scored 2 of them. Good for him. But as @bamainatlanta noted he had 51 yards on 18 carries if you take his big run. His total was 84 yards on 19 carries. That means 40% of his yards came on one play. My point is he was ineffective for large portions of the game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Take away his one big run and his numbers don’t look as good

You do understand that that's normal right? A lot of RB's that have good games usually end up with one or two big runs to go with many 3-4-5-6 yard runs. I would think anyone that watched football would know this. So again, 19 carries for 82 yards and 2 TD's IS NOT shutting him down.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You do understand that that's normal right? A lot of RB's that have good games usually end up with one or two big runs to go with many 3-4-5-6 yard runs. I would think anyone that watched football would know this. So again, 19 carries for 82 yards and 2 TD's IS NOT shutting him down.
Maybe shutting down was the wrong word. I mean rendering him ineffective for large portions of the game.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Lol I’m not talking about his TDs. He scored 2 of them. Good for him. But as @bamainatlanta noted he had 51 yards on 18 carries if you take his big run. His total was 84 yards on 19 carries. That means 40% of his yards came on one play. My point is he was ineffective for large portions of the game.
And if you took away all of Marshall faulks 30 yard runs he likely wouldn't be in the hall of fame. It's a dubious point and that's being kind. He wasn't ineffective. He had several good (effective) runs. The only reason he wasn't more effective is because they fell behind and went away from the run.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Maybe shutting down was the wrong word. I mean rendering him ineffective for large portions of the game.

Can't disagree with that. A lot of teams have looked like they've had good running games against us but really just got a couple big runs against us and the rest we've been good at shutting them down. We shut D.Cook down when he was the hottest RB in football and hope we can again in 3 weeks with Hicks back in there.