1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The Cubs offered long-distance condolences to outfielder Alfonso Soriano on Wednesday after his mother, Andrea, died in the city of San Pedro de Macoris from an apparent heart attack Tuesday night.

"The Cubs offer our most sincere condolences to Alfonso and his family upon the sudden passing of his mother, Andrea," the team said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Alfonso during this difficult time."

Three members of the Cubs' ownership -- majority owner Tom Ricketts and brothers Pete and Todd -- are currently in the Dominican Republic on a goodwill tour and hoped to meet with Soriano and his family as early as Wednesday to personally offer their condolences, a club spokesperson said. The Ricketts brothers spent Tuesday visiting with patients in a medical center in the Dominican after making a substantial donation to the facility, which specializes in diabetes care.

ESPNdeportes.com reported the news of Andrea Soriano's death after hearing from the player. According to that report, a funeral service will be held Wednesday afternoon at the Quisqueya community of San Pedro de Macoris.

"Mom was fine, happy and healthy," Soriano told ESPN. "Even last week I took her to Disney World in Orlando and she was super excited. It was her first time at Disney."

Soriano has been working out at the Cubs' academy in the Dominican Republic and was scheduled to meet with the Ricketts before his mother's passing.

"It's probable that they will go to the funeral," Soriano said.

1 Week Disney World, Next Week Heart Attack. WOW!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Rip

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
RIP, thoughts and prayers

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Feel bad for Sori. Notice how every year, a sibling or parent of a Cubs player dies. In the 08-09 Offseason, Henry Blanco's relative was murdered, in the 09-10 Offseason, Angel Guzman's relative was murdered, and in the 10-11 Offseason, Soriano's Mother Died (also, of course, Santo and Cavaretta).

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's awful... I feel for Sori and his family.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
RIP.

That sucks :(

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Feel bad for Sori. Notice how every year, a sibling or parent of a Cubs player dies. In the 08-09 Offseason, Henry Blanco's relative was murdered, in the 09-10 Offseason, Angel Guzman's relative was murdered, and in the 10-11 Offseason, Soriano's Mother Died (also, of course, Santo and Cavaretta).

Piniella's mother may have been next on the unfortunate list had he not retired...thoughts and prayers to Sori's F&F.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
RIP
I'm going through the death of a family member as well, so I can somewhat feel his pain.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet another person to get "Santo'd."

Are you trying to piss everyone off again??? Come on man quit the ron santo cracks the guy is dead leave it alone for gods sake.

I may as well keep with the theme if you are gonna keep this shit up.

:gtfo: