Sounds Like Alfonso Soriano is Ready to Accept a Trade

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Alfonso Soriano More Open To Approving Trade
By Zach Links [May 25 at 5:00pm CST]
While Alfonso Soriano shot down a trade that would have sent him to the Giants last year, he may be more open to a deal if it presents itself this season, writes Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times.

"Yeah," Soriano said when asked if he's more likely to consider waiving his no-trade rights than he thought he might be a few months ago. "But it depends on them. It depends what the team wants. A chance to win, that's the most important thing. But it depends on the front office. It's not on me."

Soriano is hitting just .262/.291/.399 this season and will make $18MM this year and next, so he doesn't appear to be a particularly attractive trade target. Depending on how much salary the Cubs are willing to absorb, however, a team might be willing to trade for him, hoping for something more along the lines of last year's peformance, when he hit .262/.322/.499.

Charlie Wilmoth contributed to this post.

Noted that Kendrys Morales will be a F/A also.
Cuban
Career slash: .281/.335/.487

Imagine Morales in LF Soler in RF

Cuban connect.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
"But it depends on them. It depends what the team wants. A chance to win, that's the most important thing. But it depends on the front office. It's not on me."

Sounds like even the players are starting to become skeptical about this whole rewarding journey.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I doubt they believed the hype. When your first act is to lose A-Ram then trade LeMaheu and Colven for a buster and a broken arm the red flags should have popped up as how bright is the lightbulb of the brain crust.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Also: there is a major diffrence between The Red Sox and the Cubs. Red Sox owner and team Pres would not accept losing. The Cubs owner and team Pres accept losing. That is the diffrence between what Theo did in Bos vs what he is doing now.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Red Sox owner and team Pres would not accept losing. The Cubs owner and team Pres accept losing. That is the diffrence between what Theo did in Bos vs what he is doing now.

dont forget Red sox payroll 175 MIL for 2012 and 155 MIl for 2013 and cubs payroll 109 MIL 2012 and 106 MIL for 2913..
a little difference there too between the two owners, for what the GM had/has to work it...

I agree with the team owner being ok with losing now...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Noted that Kendrys Morales will be a F/A also.
Cuban
Career slash: .281/.335/.487

Imagine Morales in LF Soler in RF

morales hasnt played OF since 2008 and only played a total of 18 Games in RF.. he mainly a DH/1B now because of injuries..
he'd be perfect if NL adopted the DH

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Meh if Barry can patrol LF in SF....RF is more of an concern with Wrig. LF needs to just hit the cut off.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
When the Cubs went to the playoffs in 2007 and 2008, Alfonso Soriano was an all star. When the Cubs have success, he is a big reason why.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
When the Cubs went to the playoffs in 2007 and 2008, Alfonso Soriano was an all star. When the Cubs have success, he is a big reason why.

He was also leadoff hitter on those teams, does that mean he should be moved back to leadoff?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
He was also leadoff hitter on those teams, does that mean he should be moved back to leadoff?

I didn't realize that that's what I typed. Can you show me the hidden message where I typed that Soriano should be moved back to leadoff?

All the fans and media want to do is bash the guy but they don't realize that the Cubs do good when Soriano is healthy and playing good. That's all I was saying.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
I was actually asking you a serious question. You equate the Cubs success in 2007 & 2008 to Soriano, and he was a leadoff hitter during those season. So, should the Cubs consider moving him back to leadoff?

One point of contention, the Cubs lost 100 games last year despite Soriano having his best year since 2008.

I would state that the Cubs do well when multiple players are contributing and the pitchers are going well. It isn't about 1 guy, and I don't think that Soriano alone can carry this team like he did on occasion back in 2007 & 2008.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I was actually asking you a serious question. You equate the Cubs success in 2007 & 2008 to Soriano, and he was a leadoff hitter during those season. So, should the Cubs consider moving him back to leadoff?

One point of contention, the Cubs lost 100 games last year despite Soriano having his best year since 2008.

I would state that the Cubs do well when multiple players are contributing and the pitchers are going well. It isn't about 1 guy, and I don't think that Soriano alone can carry this team like he did on occasion back in 2007 & 2008.

Dumb.