Source: No Yanks for Carlos Zambrano

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
CHICAGO -- Put a big X through Big Z as a possibility for the New York Yankees' starting rotation.

A baseball source with knowledge of the Yankees' intentions said Saturday that the team has "zero interest" in making a trade for Carlos Zambrano, the Chicago Cubs' talented but volatile right-hander. ETC

Rest of article: Source: New York Yankees have 'zero interest' in Carlos Zambrano - ESPN New York

There goes that idea. I dont know any other team that would be willing to take him at his price

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
A source I heard said that Zambrano is going to New York for A Rod.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad to hear they're not interested.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
There have been 2 reports sayin' the complete opposite. I don't believen any and I'll stay neutral on Z and the Yanks.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A source I heard said that Zambrano is going to New York for A Rod.

and cano...but it probably still wont be fair enough for the cubs in the cub fans opinions...you probably have to throw in another spec

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
and cano...but it probably still wont be fair enough for the cubs in the cub fans opinions...you probably have to throw in another spec

Cano and A-Rod for Z.... The Yanks will win by far, sheesh. We need at least Montero in the deal. And will throw in Soto. Now that will be attractable.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Cano and A-Rod for Z.... The Yanks will win by far, sheesh. We need at least Montero in the deal. And will throw in Soto. Now that will be attractable.

I hope that is sarcasm.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Code:

Right because some of us think that giving Zambrano away would be a bad idea means that we think that getting two players producing at high to elite levels for their position for Zambrano would be too little. Right...:rolleyes:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Code:

Right because some of us think that giving Zambrano away would be a bad idea means that we think that getting two players producing at high to elite levels for their position for Zambrano would be too little. Right...:rolleyes:

it isnt like his stock is very high. bad contract, bad reputation, above avg pitcher.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
it isnt like his stock is very high. bad contract, bad reputation, above avg pitcher.

Which is exactly why I've say that a trade is not likely to happen. Zambrano's value to the Cubs is higher than it is to other teams. As a said earlier if they eat money to get good players back that is one thing. But if they pay most of the money and get nothing back it is going to be a bad deal for the Cubs, and a deal I hope we don't make given that we don't have anything to replace him internally (Cashner's and McNutt's injury problems, Jay Jackson sucking in the PCL has basically removed the closest three arms from the system).

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zambrano's value to the Cubs is higher than it is to other teams.
That says it all. He's one of our 2 best starting pitchers, he wants to be here, we can't get a fair trade from the Cubs view of things, end of discussion.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
That says it all. He's one of our 2 best starting pitchers, he wants to be here, we can't get a fair trade from the Cubs view of things, end of discussion.

Zambrano staying may depend on whether the Cubs are serious about contention in 2012 or not. If they want to contend, they have to keep him. If they don't, he has to be traded as a salary dump move.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if they're not serious about contending, they're not gonna make it extremely obvious. Having James Russell and Rodrigo Lopez in your opening day starting rotation is a dead giveaway.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if they're not serious about contending, they're not gonna make it extremely obvious. Having James Russell and Rodrigo Lopez in your opening day starting rotation is a dead giveaway.

I think that rotation would make me :lol::lol: and I'd watch that season because the team would be just so awesomely bad :D

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Just keep Zambrano... Only trade him if blown away and the Cubs win by far. If that does not happen, he stays and the speculation stops. He may not be an ace but he's a good enough of a pitcher.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, Lopez will be gone after the season. It was a rental that came cheap. Unless he blows all Cub fans and the coaching staff away. Which I don't see happening at all.