Source: Wade willing to join Bulls in 2010

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Wade was on WWTV. I love their reports and the podcast they have. When is DT spreading the feel from Summerleague?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be mad in the long run if we replaced Ben Gordon with Dwyane Wade. There was no one more for drafting Wade more than me. I think I posted on the nbadraft.net forum back then, that if I was in charge of the Cavs pick, I would take Lebron, and then work out a trade for Wade, while taking back other valuable assets from the team you trade with. Wade was one of those guys that I got to watch nearly all of his college games, which I usually don't do because I find college ball boring, but that Marquette team with Wade, Diener, Novak, Jackson, Merritt was just so good, and Wade was amazing.

However, I think Wade is staying in Miami, and he's taking either Bosh, Amare, or Lebron back with him.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
And we end up with Joe Johnson.

Is that a bad thing?

Joe is a nice player, not a guy who should be getting paid what he is now and what he will be getting in his next contract. He is streaky and not a finisher.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
houheffna wrote:

Is that a bad thing?

Joe is a nice player, not a guy who should be getting paid what he is now and what he will be getting in his next contract. He is streaky and not a finisher.

I gotta disagree with you on that. I think Joe Johnson is worth the money he makes. I don't think his next contract is going to be that much more. I guess the only worry would be paying him that much in the last year or two of the deal.

I've watched a bunch of Hawks games over the last year and a half, and Joe Johnson is clutch. Not as good as the big 3 in the NBA, but he's no slouch.

If the Bulls got Johnson in 2010 (as a result of all the big names staying put) I'd be happy with that.

As much as I like BG, Joe Johnson is better. But that was always the point I tried to make about Gordon. If were gonna let Gordon go, where's the upgrade. Salmons isn't an upgrade, Hinrich isn't an upgrade. I have no problem parting ways with BG if there was an upgrade at the 2. I don't need drones in the local media telling me Hinrich is better.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
houheffna wrote:

Is that a bad thing?

I gotta disagree with you on that. I think Joe Johnson is worth the money he makes. I don't think his next contract is going to be that much more. I guess the only worry would be paying him that much in the last year or two of the deal.

I've watched a bunch of Hawks games over the last year and a half, and Joe Johnson is clutch. Not as good as the big 3 in the NBA, but he's no slouch.

If the Bulls got Johnson in 2010 (as a result of all the big names staying put) I'd be happy with that.

As much as I like BG, Joe Johnson is better. But that was always the point I tried to make about Gordon. If were gonna let Gordon go, where's the upgrade. Salmons isn't an upgrade, Hinrich isn't an upgrade. I have no problem parting ways with BG if there was an upgrade at the 2. I don't need drones in the local media telling me Hinrich is better.

What was his first deal? 90 million? I can see him getting 100 million, especially from a team like New York. Say they miss out on the big guns they will need to show the fans something and could wind up overpaying Joe.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Hey Kush i got a chance to listen to the podcast, Mike went hard on me. :(

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Kush77 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
houheffna wrote:

Is that a bad thing?

What was his first deal? 90 million? I can see him getting 100 million, especially from a team like New York. Say they miss out on the big guns they will need to show the fans something and could wind up overpaying Joe.

I don't think it was that big. Who gave him the deal? I can't remember, did he sign with Atlanta outright?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Kush77 wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

Is that a bad thing?

I don't think it was that big. Who gave him the deal? I can't remember, did he sign with Atlanta outright?

Sign and trade. Phx signed him and sent him to Atlanta for I believe 3 picks, and Diaw. I believe it was 90 million.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Wow, we actually agree. I was thinking that Bulls brass was thinking of possibly getting a big man and squeezing some room for him too. Address two needs they have had for years now, a SG with size and a frontcourt guy with post game. There is hope for you yet Kush, hope for you yet...

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

Is that a bad thing?

It depends how you look at it.

IMO Gordon is better than Johnson, and I think even those who really like Joe Johnson (I generally like him too as a player) would agree that he is only a marginal upgrade. So what would you rather have? Gordon on a much cheaper deal, the ability to use MLE for longterm deals in 09 and 10, and also trade those expiring deals for longterm talent. (This is just from a pure look at it, as if you taint it to fit the Bulls, there is no way in hell that Jerry Reindsorf would make use of all those additional assets we'd have by just keeping Gordon instead of Joe Johnson)...

Of course the other way to look at it, would be from the point of view that Gordon's already gone, that's in the past, and if we got Joe Johnson, we'd be getting a good player in 2010 free agency, and not losing out like in 2000.

I think you have to really look at it from the second view point now, as Gordon is gone, and we need to move on to improve the team. But I think it's important for people to be reminded throughout the process about what could have been had we kept Gordon.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

Wow, we actually agree. I was thinking that Bulls brass was thinking of possibly getting a big man and squeezing some room for him too. Address two needs they have had for years now, a SG with size and a frontcourt guy with post game. There is hope for you yet Kush, hope for you yet...

Ha ha. Hope for me yet.

I like Joe Johnson, but if Atlanta is going well do they let him walk? I guess they can since they have Jamal Crawford and resigned Mike Bibby.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I googled the Joe Johnson sign and trade with PHX and all the links said 5-year 70 million.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
I googled the Joe Johnson sign and trade with PHX and all the links said 5-year 70 million.

Oh ok sorry. My mistake. The guy with the jumpman tattoo in the podcast, i though his name was Mike.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Did Joe really say this? In the 2008-2009 playoffs Johnson got killed by Dwyane Wade. Johnson was infuriate about being in Dwyane's shadow, even though he the Hawks beat the Heat. Johnson then went on to tell ESPN that Wade was a "Overhyped Fake". Wade has yet to respond.

If he did well about time someone did.