Sports Illustrated projects the Chicago Bears hit their rock bottom in new power rankings

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Said it numerous times: 6-11 again. Got worse talent-wise but improved coaching and easier schedule. This will be a try-hard team that won't lose because they're unprepared or unable to adjust in-game (i.e. get flagrantly outcoached), which will inherently make them less frustrating to watch.
The thing is, the places we got worse weren't contributing last year. AR, Mack and Hicks were effectively no shows. If Mustipher isn't starting, the OL may not be worse either. LT is a question mark but even then, you're not going to see a rookie backup with little practice put on a island when he has to replace the starter like last year. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i actually think if we have good D tackle play we'll have a solid defense

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The OL talent is worse, the WR talent is worse. The O was already bottom 3 so yea, it could be a really scary. My only hope is Nagy was so fucking bad that it's addition by subtracting his dumbass.
Were you happy with the Jenkins & Borom picks last year? I know many posters were. How could the talent on o-line be worse when we're getting back two highly touted prospects?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why anybody would be surprised by this. They currently have a USFL-like roster on the offensive side of the ball and got rid of Mack in the off-season. Not to mention, a new coach with an entirely new scheme to learn.

I don't see them winning more than 3 games all year, which will definitely put them in contention for the 1st pick of the draft.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The thing is, the places we got worse weren't contributing last year. AR, Mack and Hicks were effectively no shows. If Mustipher isn't starting, the OL may not be worse either. LT is a question mark but even then, you're not going to see a rookie backup with little practice put on a island when he has to replace the starter like last year. :rolleyes:
Exactly.

And for those saying the defense will fall apart without that unicorn 3tech…fo you really think Flus is going to run a scheme that can get shredded without one key piece? Do you think he’s going to be the Nagy of defense? He put together a solid D in Indy with questionable talent. I’m sure the D will be at minimum adequate here…

napo55

Liked Posts:
The failure to meaningfully address the sorry offense by the new regime does not bode well. Now we're down to relying on an unproven rookie WR and several third rate WR signings. Unfortunately the team has a very promising young QB but chose not to support him.

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think all these young players and new coaches are hungry to win and there may be growing pains... but if fields and this new OC are what we think they are and he works hard and lives up to his potential than there is no reason to think the bears can't have a decent season... we have almost have this damage from all these years as a bear fan and in our mind after Nagy and Mitch and even before them John fox and Trestman etc.

We may actually have a real big time player whos life has centered around working hard and winning his whole life..
We may have a Gem of an OC coach his finally got his chance after being around some big time QB play and talent. Along with his Staff he has brought here to coach the Offense players. And this New D head Coach remains to be seen but these guys seem to be more serious. And they seem to have a plan and actually playbook.

And most importantly it seems to be that they will work around the talents and Adapt there playbook to there players instead of just trying to force there plays on the players and that is a plan that can have Success.

Yes we may have a losing season, But if field's is who we think he is... then it won't feel that way inless he is bad or the coaches are clueless.

I am hopeful. And I think wanting to win and going for that is just as important as development.

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We used to have a idiot member that would always talk about the hunger and the fire and the passion, then the Bears would go 4-12.

Was that idiot you?
Why are you so pessimistic about the bears, if you think they suck that's fine don't have to get all bent out of shape because other's have hope thing's will be different. No I'm not an Idiot.

Glad you have the bears message board too throw your hate around for a sports team you like and use that energy to attack other fans from same team that view situations more Hopeful than you because there not a quitter. But you can quit liking the bear's any time if your not here for the hard time's why come around when and if thing's ever get good.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We're going to find out quickly if Eberflus/Getsy are worth a shit. I don't expect the offense to light the NFL on fire, but it's got to improve over last season no matter what. They were what - bottom 2 or 3?

I just want to see marked improvement from Fields and feel comfortable he's the QB of the future. That's really all that matters this season.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Why are you so pessimistic about the bears, if you think they suck that's fine don't have to get all bent out of shape because other's have hope thing's will be different. No I'm not an Idiot.

Glad you have the bears message board too throw your hate around for a sports team you like and use that energy to attack other fans from same team that view situations more Hopeful than you because there not a quitter. But you can quit liking the bear's any time if your not here for the hard time's why come around when and if thing's ever get good.
I have been a Bears fan since 1962. Over the last 60 years there has been very little excellence or competency. Even Ditka was a fuck up and a disaster as a person

Fans have been sold a bill of goods by the Chicago media full of false hope and lies. If you were around in the early 70s you would have heard claims of the Bears going to the SB because fans had no alternative opinion, just what you read in the Tribune or Channel 2 sports

Every year there is a new group of hopeful fans clasiming that everything will work out. Said the same about the Pace era and how did that work out. Now we have min 5 more years of rebuilding regardless of what liar Poles says

So I talk based on 60 years of lies from the Bears

Speed

Liked Posts:
Not gonna lie the roster looks gross. Like someone else said, hopefully Nagy was THAT bad, but I won't get my hopes up.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
They have arguably the worst GM and HC in the league. Not surprised.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not gonna lie the roster looks gross. Like someone else said, hopefully Nagy was THAT bad, but I won't get my hopes up.
I expect the Nagy effect will be improved play, especially from the qb position but this roster stinks on paper. Maybe the defense can keep them in games.. I think Pringle will surprise. Like every year for the past 10 or so, the OL is my biggest concern.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The OL talent is worse, the WR talent is worse. The O was already bottom 3 so yea, it could be a really scary. My only hope is Nagy was so fucking bad that it's addition by subtracting his dumbass.
How is the OL talent worse?

WR is worse? Because they lost a guy that didn't give any effort? Nobody is saying WR talent is great by any means, but why is it worse?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
If Fields improves the offense improves. Quarterbacks make offenses. If you need an offense to make you quarterback good, you don't have a quarterback.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'd prefer a shit season with Fields showing progression and a coach who isn't a fucking idiot. Even if it's injury plagued, maybe it'll just be the older guys. And to trade Quinn mid-season.
I don't want to see a bunch of fluke wins and lucky breaks and end up with an inflated win-loss record.
no more backing into the playoffs.

the 2020 team wasn't a playoff team. the 2022 team definitely isn't a playoff team. I think we're all clear on the fact they're going to be shitty this year. so why is there so much cunt clutching over them apparently becoming worse? we've never even see the team with the new players play yet.