St. Louis Trade

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you trade the #14 this year and next year's #1, you don't give up anything more this year. They can still draft other needs.

I am not saying I want them to go this route, but it does sound intriguing.

Remember just last year, the safeties weren't exploited so badly when we had some pass rush. Get a true top DE in Clowney and keep Melton and Ratliff. Depending on peppers $ situation, p[ossibly keep him as well. All the sudden with ONE pick from this year's draft, you have a real nice pass rush.

I know, I know....three of those guys are holdovers and we weren't good there this year - but Melton and Ratliff didn't play together, and we were much better when Melton was there.

So again, this would be only one pick this year used on D Line, and no outside FA's, and we'd be vastly improved already with this D Line.

That allows FA moves and/or draft picks for LB, CB and Safety.

And that doesn't count whether we improve at LB with a healthy DJ Williams and the move of Shea (not expecting wither of those two things to dramatically improve the LB spot, but it could happen.)

So, yeah....I am starting to like this a lot.

(OK....who has the draft value chart? Is a move from 14 to 2 going to cost more than next year's #1? If it does, send them Earl Bennett.)

This year's 14th pick plus next year's first-rounder doesn't get you anywhere close to the number two spot.

AhsBpKB.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We do not have the free agent budget that we did a week ago. We are not going to address 4-5 starting positions in free agency.

I think at a minimum it is going to cost us 1st, 3rd and 1st [2015].

1[2] DE Jadeveon Clowney
2[46]

There will also probably be a bidding war for the pick like there was last year for Clowney or Bortles/Bridgewater

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Rams are projected by some to take Clowney because people can't see him going past #2. But that is not their area of need. I have seen at least one mock where teh Rams take Barr at #2, but I think they could trade the #2 and still get Barr.

In order for us to be able to trade for Clowney, we may need him to drop a few spots.

One scenario in which that happens is with some team trading to #2 to get a QB. But then one of Jax or Cleveland may not go for a QB and could go for Clowney. So obviously it's very much up in the air.

But in the mock that had Rams getting Barr, Clowney fell to #5.

That we may be able to swing.

I am open for different options - I like Mosley at #14 with no trading. But this idea of grabbing Clowney suddenly has my interest. (Which is more than I can say for the basketball game I am watching while waiting for NFL football.)

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Sojka and Raskilnoliv in the same thread. LOL. They don't need a Moderator, they need a Psychiatrist

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see them grabbing both the Texas A&M guys with their first two picks, OT Matthews and WR Evans. whatever they decide to do, they're going to be scary

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

This seems a little much, why do posters feel that posting an obscure gif qualifies as wit in this forum? True sarcasm is dead here as is much of the real football discussion.

Reactions: WCL

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
There are no sure things in the draft, it is always a gamble. IF all it took to move up from #14 to #2 was next years number one pick, I don't think that is unreasonable. I don't think that will be the case however, it will likely take our #1 this year+next year+ a 3rd rounder or something like that which I feel is too much.

According to NFL network whoever the GM of the St Louis Rams is said he was open to trading the pick as long as he got 2 1st rounders out of it... He wants more first rounders... he doesn't need the 2nd overall pick and would prefer to trade out of that spot for more future first rounders... If we were to trade with St. Louis they would have the 13th and 14th overall pick... and our draft pick next year...

Basically he is saying he has 3 first round picks in the next 2 years... and he wants 4...

They would still have 2 first rounders but they would get a 1st rounder for next year...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Sojka and Raskilnoliv in the same thread. LOL. They don't need a Moderator, they need a Psychiatrist

All I can say is... you are clueless about football talent...

Kyle Long
Vontaze Burfict
Alshon Jeffery

David Decastro... once in a generation? how is that turning out?

You were wrong I was right... and Ill continue to be because I actually watch college football and don't formulate my opinion around what Mel Kiper says...

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
According to NFL network whoever the GM of the St Louis Rams is said he was open to trading the pick as long as he got 2 1st rounders out of it... He wants more first rounders... he doesn't need the 2nd overall pick and would prefer to trade out of that spot for more future first rounders... If we were to trade with St. Louis they would have the 13th and 14th overall pick... and our draft pick next year...

Basically he is saying he has 3 first round picks in the next 2 years... and he wants 4...

They would still have 2 first rounders but they would get a 1st rounder for next year...
I understand the concept but #2 has wayyyy more value than #14. There are 12 other picks between the Bears and St. Louis so I think some other team will jump up an take the trade before us. St. Louis is drumming up interest in the pick and want to start a bidding war by saying they only want a 1st round pick. Its like NFL Ebay they set their starting bid low and know that when it comes time to actually make the trade the price will shoot up sky high.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I understand the concept but #2 has wayyyy more value than #14. There are 12 other picks between the Bears and St. Louis so I think some other team will jump up an take the trade before us. St. Louis is drumming up interest in the pick and want to start a bidding war by saying they only want a 1st round pick. Its like NFL Ebay they set their starting bid low and know that when it comes time to actually make the trade the price will shoot up sky high.

They hold the 13th pick also... so they would pick 2x in a row at 13 and 14... I know its a ton of space to jump and holds way more value...

IF the deal works in favor of both parties is it not a good deal? There are 5 QBs supposedly that could go in the first round... 3 probably in the top ten and they don't think they need a QB or a DE... They seem comfortable with the fact that they have a solid MLB DT DE QB... Perhaps they want to take the best corner Dennard and the best safety Clinton Dix to go with their elite pass rush and their beast linebackers... Or perhaps Mike Evans and some other offensive lineman...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Is this the same genius that said our defense was better with Bostic in it?

here ill do a little something for you modo...

Jon Bostic 12 games 56 total tackles 1 int
Dj Williams 6 games 27 total tackles 0 int

6 x 2 = 12... 2 x 27 = 54

Jon Bostic played 2x as many games as the injured old and washed up DJ williams and still average more tackles per game as a rookie with a turnover...

plain and simple Bostic made more tackles per game and had 1 more turnover... Explain how that doesn't make him better... and we gave up less passing yards with Bostic...

And Bostic had guys off the street playing DT in front of him when he finally got to start...

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
They hold the 13th pick also... so they would pick 2x in a row at 13 and 14... I know its a ton of space to jump and holds way more value...

IF the deal works in favor of both parties is it not a good deal? There are 5 QBs supposedly that could go in the first round... 3 probably in the top ten and they don't think they need a QB or a DE... They seem comfortable with the fact that they have a solid MLB DT DE QB... Perhaps they want to take the best corner Dennard and the best safety Clinton Dix to go with their elite pass rush and their beast linebackers... Or perhaps Mike Evans and some other offensive lineman...
I'm not so sure they are happy with their QB actually. They definitely need size at WR and maybe some oline help too. In fact they need help at all the offensive skill positions. Either way I don't believe it happens for just one pick but if it does I'm good with it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
here ill do a little something for you modo...

Jon Bostic 12 games 56 total tackles 1 int
Dj Williams 6 games 27 total tackles 0 int

6 x 2 = 12... 2 x 27 = 54

Jon Bostic played 2x as many games as the injured old and washed up DJ williams and still average more tackles per game as a rookie with a turnover...

plain and simple Bostic made more tackles per game and had 1 more turnover... Explain how that doesn't make him better... and we gave up less passing yards with Bostic...

And Bostic had guys off the street playing DT in front of him when he finally got to start...

Sojka, our defense couldn't get anyone off the field. The defense was on the field more. Also, they used Williams different than Bostic. Williams was used to rush the passer more. Bostic was generally utilized to watch the runner go through the lane that he was supposed to be filling.

But being a genius you probably should have known that.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I'm not so sure they are happy with their QB actually. They definitely need size at WR and maybe some oline help too. In fact they need help at all the offensive skill positions. Either way I don't believe it happens for just one pick but if it does I'm good with it.

hey Xplosive... I am just going off what i heard... That is the only reason I am so intrigued by the idea of the trade... It works really well for us, and if they think it works well for them also then that is awesome...

I am not saying i would go for more than our first this year and next year...

I agree I think Bradford blows and that they could use help in multiple areas on offense... but perhaps they believe they are better suited as a franchise to pick up multiple 1st rounders in multiple years instead of drafting someone they feel they either could get with a later pick or don't need to take at #2 because there are other options in the draft...