Start your engines!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm predicting that the Rangers give up Profar to get him. The Cubs will not give up any of their top 4 bats.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to see David Price pitch in a Cubs uni.... But it's going to cost to much to do it. I'd wait and see if he hits the market and sign him outright giving up just the pick instead of at least 3 of our best prospects for him. We aren't close enough to contention to blow our wad on him. Plus wed need a guarantee that he'd resign before we made the deal.

sent from my beaver dam using tapatalk

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Price isn't right for Cubs.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't really see the point in trading for him. In some regards I view him as a much better Shark. Sure he'd be nice to have but by the time the prospects hit their peak years he will be on the down side of his career. That's why I don't really have a problem with the cubs going after Tanaka. Assuming he's as good as advertised, he will be in his peak years around the same time as the rest of the cubs prospects.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't really see the point in trading for him. In some regards I view him as a much better Shark. Sure he'd be nice to have but by the time the prospects hit their peak years he will be on the down side of his career. That's why I don't really have a problem with the cubs going after Tanaka. Assuming he's as good as advertised, he will be in his peak years around the same time as the rest of the cubs prospects.

Eh, it's more to me the prospects plus the price tag. He has also had a little bit of decreased velocity this year.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Eh, it's more to me the prospects plus the price tag. He has also had a little bit of decreased velocity this year.

Well obviously that too. But to throw a for example out there, if we were talking about Clayton Kershaw instead who will be a FA after next year I might be more keen on the idea. He's 3 years younger than Price.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as i hate saying this: It would be dumb to trade prospects for Price on where the Cubs are at. Problem is that Cubs are counting on these prospects to be the core players. If Cubs already had a core i say go for it but clearly they need to build more around Rizzo and Castro.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Vogelchunk one of of main prospects and a pitcher? Shit, I'm sold. Its David friggin Price.

CHAMPS!!!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
cubs definitely have to try and offer up a trade for David price.. they would have 2 yrs of control on him before he becomes a FA at age 30 in 2016, if they could get him using guys like vogelbach, Ha, szczur, torreyes, beeler, struck, shoulders, golden, barney, lake, carlos villenueva, Ejax, arrieta, rusin, etc then they need to package up an offer... but if its for one of the young core prospects then they better make sure they have him tied up to an extended contract after 2 yesrs before they make any deal

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
cubs definitely have to try and offer up a trade for David price.. they would have 2 yrs of control on him before he becomes a FA at age 30 in 2016, if they could get him using guys like vogelbach, Ha, szczur, torreyes, beeler, struck, shoulders, golden, barney, lake, carlos villenueva, Ejax, arrieta, rusin, etc then they need to package up an offer... but if its for one of the young core prospects then they better make sure they have him tied up to an extended contract after 2 yesrs before they make any deal

If you were the Rays why would you trade him for any of that? They could hold on to him and take the pick they get from a qualifying offer which would be better than these guys most likely

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
I doubt it would be enough to simply offer Vogelbach, one of the main guys, and a pitching prospect. That is less than what they got for Shields last year. Myers was a top 3 prospect in all of baseball. If the Cubs give up Baez I could see it but I don't know if I like that given our current state of affairs. We need hitting a hell of a lot more than pitching. Price would be lucky to win 10-12 games for the Cubs. I mean Wood pitched about as good as you can expect one of your guys to pitch and finished with 9 wins.

Point being, we need to score more, then worry about preventing the other team from doing the same

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would not trade either Baez or Bryant and one of Soler or Almora. Rather trade Soler but he's already making money which wouldn't help. That wouldn't get the job done and I don't see a trade close to happening. Plus, he's not a great fit anymore due to the price.

People think the Dodgers will acquire him, but I think the Rangers are the clear cut favorite. Starting rotation was a mess and had injures. Plus Garza will be gone.

I say Texas trade Profar, Perez, plus a player or 2 for Price and a lower prospect.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Vogelchunk one of of main prospects and a pitcher? Shit, I'm sold. Its David friggin Price.

CHAMPS!!!

That's about 20% of what we gave up for Garza, so....good luck with that!

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

It would be amazing if they'd accept Torreyes for him, almost as amazing as the fact that Houston would willingly just trade him to them as part of a trade they aren't otherwise involved in just to help our cause.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It would be amazing if they'd accept Torreyes for him, almost as amazing as the fact that Houston would willingly just trade him to them as part of a trade they aren't otherwise involved in just to help our cause.

Torreyes was traded for international cap cash.