State of the Board Union

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cut everybody, "REBUILD!"

Windy City believes this.

But we can't cut everybody, could never spend that amount of cap space in one season.

Windy City also believes this.

Cutler is Cutler but we have to eat his contract next season without a trade, which is virtually impossible.

Fact.

Marshall is a cancer because he is a WR who likes attention.

Fact to meatballs.

Forte has reverted to be shy of contact.

Also fact to meatballs.

M. Bennett went from Tony Gonzales to Bobby Wade.

Chalk another one up for meatballs.

Robbie Gould has become whichever of the Gramatica bros was a kicker.

^^

The "build from the trenches" approach is invoked by fans of Jerry Vainisi and Jim Finks. Since we are officially moving to a 3-4 and Emery is no longer GM, all o-linemen and d-linemen drafted by him or signed in FA are suddenly invalid.

Do I have all this right?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
eXM3y9AOB-h-09XfKk6BKuZOw4FLdfWKM5ILIH0-enD6KeboomdMCp88lFa5gDJUa-ykTvfWvMzTMZv7VSOC8wH7dPynkEH3bR7vTmBtJw=w426-h240-n

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spoken word poetry.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I see no wrong making these moves. Yes, yes, make them.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Forgot about how it's all a path to mediocrity

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To address some of the specific concerns directed towards me,

1. Jay Cutler

I think the Bears should try and deal Jay Cutler to get out of the contract. It is pretty clear at this point that he is not the long term answer at QB for the Bears. If you can find someone to take on the financial commitment then you pretty much have to rid yourself of the contract.

I think that Cutler will probably start for the Bears in 2015.

2. Brandon Marshall

I would keep Marshall, I do not know if I have ever indicated otherwise, and I think that a big reason you have John Fox is to manage a guy like Marshall. The big difference between he and Cutler is that Marshall is a top 5-7 WR in the NFL and Cutler is not even close to that as a QB.

That being said I would not be upset if Pace/Fix traded him. We do not know what Marshall is like day to day in the building. Aaron Lemming tweeted out yesterday that his sources, which have been reliable, have not had 1 positive thing to say about Marshall and the Bears.

3. Cut Everyone

I do not think that the Bears should cut everyone, Forte included. The Bears need to keep producing talent or you risk becoming the Jaguars. Forte is a very productive player and unless that 8 million was going towards signing Suh and Justin Houston then I do not know if you are going to spend it better.

4. Rebuild

I do think that the Bears should not just try and patch this thing together and make a run like they have done largely since the 2006 Superbowl. That method of operation simply does not work and has led to 1 playoff appearance in the 8 years since 2006.

I think that the Bears should focus on ridding themselves of bad contracts and restocking on talent. Get young, start developing, and hope to build a foundation for "sustained success".

I do think that 2015 should be focused on getting younger and moving on from the old guard of the Lovie generation.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Shocked people read what windy writes. You are pretty strong ole for being able to do so

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

1. Jay Cutler

I think the Bears should try and deal Jay Cutler to get out of the contract. It is pretty clear at this point that he is not the long term answer at QB for the Bears. If you can find someone to take on the financial commitment then you pretty much have to rid yourself of the contract.

2. Brandon Marshall

I would keep Marshall, I do not know if I have ever indicated otherwise, and I think that a big reason you have John Fox is to manage a guy like Marshall. The big difference between he and Cutler is that Marshall is a top 5-7 WR in the NFL and Cutler is not even close to that as a QB.

That being said I would not be upset if Pace/Fix traded him. We do not know what Marshall is like day to day in the building. Aaron Lemming tweeted out yesterday that his sources, which have been reliable, have not had 1 positive thing to say about Marshall and the Bears.

3. Cut Everyone

I do not think that the Bears should cut everyone, Forte included. The Bears need to keep producing talent or you risk becoming the Jaguars. Forte is a very productive player and unless that 8 million was going towards signing Suh and Justin Houston then I do not know if you are going to spend it better.

4. Rebuild

I do think that the Bears should not just try and patch this thing together and make a run like they have done largely since the 2006 Superbowl. That method of operation simply does not work and has led to 1 playoff appearance in the 8 years since 2006.

I think that the Bears should focus on ridding themselves of bad contracts and restocking on talent. Get young, start developing, and hope to build a foundation for "sustained success".

I do think that 2015 should be focused on getting younger and moving on from the old guard of the Lovie generation.

Just giving you some shit. Comes with the high profile. Look, I even gave you props in my blog.

http://tardiblog.blogspot.com/2015/02/windy-city-is-good-people.html

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

1. Jay Cutler

2. Brandon Marshall

3. Cut Everyone

4. Rebuild

I'm sorry you wasted time and effort responding to that fucktard.

But to your final point. Pete Carroll gutted the Seahawks roster to get to where his team is today. He had more roster turnover and transactions as President of that football operation than any other franchise in the league. They went 7-9 in his first two seasons and then went 11-5, won a Super Bowl and then appeared in a Super Bowl.

When Hasselback and Whitehurst flopped they were gutted from the roster without a second thought. Carroll gave up a second and a third round pick AND gave him an extension to be the starting QB. But also drafted Russell Wilson when Whitehurst couldn't cut it, to be immediate competition. There was no effort to bottle feed Whitehurst like the Bears have done for the last 7 years with Cutler.

When Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick couldn't get the job done for Carroll, he was sent packing. There was no effort to save his career ala Shea McClellin.

If you don't come in and compete then you don't belong. If your feelings get hurt easily then you don't belong. You either fight for your job or your gone. No level of prior investment success or stature matters.

All that matters is right now and no one gives a shit what you did or what you can potentially do in the future. All that matters is what are you doing to help win right this fucking minute not what you did to help us win three and four years ago.

So yes gut the roster and replace the garbage on the guys hungry to play. And when they don't work out raid the practice squads and make trades. Find guys that can play and don't hang on to guys who have shown us nothing or are too old to compete in the future.