Statistically, Anthony Miller can be a decent #2..

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If he gets 1,000 yards as a #2/slot, that would qualify him as one of the best #2's in the game, and more than likely a pro bowler. So yea, he'd be an elite slot WR. It would put him in the category of guys like Jarvis Landry, which I consider elite.

Like I said, he's shown some ability, and he's shown he can't do it on a regular basis.

No different than dear sweet mitchell.
What ability has he shown to be capable, but not consistent? He's had drops just like everyone else, but what he can possibly do is capped by how poorly Mitch delivers the ball. He gets open a lot, Mitch doesn't see it or doesn't deliver well; how is that on Miller??

msadows

Liked Posts:
What ability has he shown to be capable, but not consistent? He's had drops just like everyone else, but what he can possibly do is capped by how poorly Mitch delivers the ball. He gets open a lot, Mitch doesn't see it or doesn't deliver well; how is that on Miller??

I'd beg to differ on getting open "a lot". He has games where he's wide open, he has games where he's covered like a glove. Not everything is mitch's fault.

He rarely got open in a few games this past year, the KC one being one of them in the post directly above yours.

Most of Mitch's "poor" showings weren't just mitch, it was also due to the receiving options outside of Arob not being open consistently.

He shows a lot of flashes, he has all the tools, he just has to do it more consistently. Thats the difference between being just good and great in this league.

I still have high hopes for him, but he was projected to be the "breakout" player for this past season and disappointed. The guy was a fantasy sleeper everywhere. I'm just not going to expect miracles just because foles steps on the field. Not too many teams have 2 1,000 yard WR's.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just a friendly reminder that yall can jump on the AntMill train at any time but understand that I #calledit that Antmill would be a key WR to the Bears group like YEARS ago.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If he gets 1,000 yards as a #2/slot, that would qualify him as one of the best #2's in the game, and more than likely a pro bowler. So yea, he'd be an elite slot WR. It would put him in the category of guys like Jarvis Landry, which I consider elite.

Like I said, he's shown some ability, and he's shown he can't do it on a regular basis.

No different than dear sweet mitchell.
If you consider Jarvis Landry an elite WR I can see why you still have faith in Mole Eye now. It’s all starting to make sense.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If you consider Jarvis Landry an elite WR I can see why you still have faith in Mole Eye now. It’s all starting to make sense.

Jarvis Landry is an elite slot WR.

Yes.

You know, the position Anthony Miller plays?

He's made the probowl 5 straight years. Has elite hands, and is probably top 3 at the position he plays.

One day you'll understand football.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Jarvis Landry is an elite slot WR.

Yes.

You know, the position Anthony Miller plays?

He's made the probowl 5 straight years. Has elite hands, and is probably top 3 at the position he plays.

One day you'll understand football.
You said elite receiver buddy. Elite WR is a top 5 WR.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The problem with this scenario is that it is actually really important for a receiver to have good hands.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You said elite receiver buddy. Elite WR is a top 5 WR.

Maybe you should re-read the post.

"Elite slot receiver" is clearly in the sentence before Jarvis Landry.

The X, Y, and Z are 3 different positions.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Statistically, Jarvis Landry had a lower average yards of separation (2.6) and slightly lower catch rate (60.1) than Anthony Miller. He just got 138 targets.

Hear me out, you can't just look at the those 2 stats alone and solely determine receiver quality. #1 WRs should have a lower average yard of separation because they are facing the best DBs.

But the stats bear it out to some degree that Anthony Miller is a respectable #2 stuck in a shitty offense.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Statistically, Jarvis Landry had a lower average yards of separation (2.6) and slightly lower catch rate (60.1) than Anthony Miller. He just got 138 targets.

Hear me out, you can't just look at the those 2 stats alone and solely determine receiver quality. #1 WRs should have a lower average yard of separation because they are facing the best DBs.

But the stats bear it out to some degree that Anthony Miller is a respectable #2 stuck in a shitty offense.

Thanks for making this thread. I have not seen so much wrong from @msadows in a single thread since he made like 5 dozen threads about @bearmick a couple years ago!

CC: @Grimson

msadows

Liked Posts:

And Keenan Allen, who I probably consider the best or second best slot heavy WR in the game, had a lower one too.

Whats your point?

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Most games, one would see several instances of Miller open, while Mitch stared down ARob.

Miller has plenty of room to get better, I'm not going to stand here and claim he's already elite or anything. But his progress and performance are handicapped by a QB that has this offense running with training wheels on.

Also, HHM, I predicted we would draft Miller and he'd be a star for us, so you best be prepared to share that #calledit.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Most games, one would see several instances of Miller open, while Mitch stared down ARob.

Miller has plenty of room to get better, I'm not going to stand here and claim he's already elite or anything. But his progress and performance are handicapped by a QB that has this offense running with training wheels on.

Also, HHM, I predicted we would draft Miller and he'd be a star for us, so you best be prepared to share that #calledit.

Oh that's right! Where the heck were you though when all these HATERS were calling for Antmill to be cut for "gang signs" and dropping impossible Mitch overthrows???? HmmmmmmmmmMMMM??????

:love: :love: :love:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I have hope he can become an excellent #2 option, but at this point it's hope. So yes, that is kind of fact. Based on his stats and play he's not shown enough to prove he can be an elite WR in this league. YET.
@msadows

msadows

Liked Posts:

I think he's got a ton of potential, like I said, but his separation is very hit or miss on a game by game basis.

Evidently the only thing separating miller from being Tyreek Hill is not having Mitch at QB, considering Hill had a lower target separation than him in 2018.

Time will tell, he just burned me this season in fantasy so I'm a tad bit soured on his potential. I think he's a good #2 option, but I don't know if he will ever develop into anything past that.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think he's got a ton of potential, like I said, but his separation is very hit or miss on a game by game basis.

Evidently the only thing separating miller from being Tyreek Hill is not having Mitch at QB, considering Hill had a lower target separation than him in 2018.

Time will tell, he just burned me this season in fantasy so I'm a tad bit soured on his potential. I think he's a good #2 option, but I don't know if he will ever develop into anything past that.
Do you form all your opinions on fantasy football?

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Oh that's right! Where the heck were you though when all these HATERS were calling for Antmill to be cut for "gang signs" and dropping impossible Mitch overthrows???? HmmmmmmmmmMMMM??????

:love: :love: :love:
I let the pros handle it. You definitely got the AntMill defense under control, I'm content staying out of your way ?.