Step Aside, Genius at Work

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe Pace is still rolling with Cutler/Fales just unbelievable. Not sold on Langford/Carey but they are young. Not sure what we'll get from that duo, but I doubt we'll get anything spectacular. White ... Big unknown factor even without the injury. Jeffery ... Might not sign long term plus a bad injury history. Miller ... Can he really be a number one TE? REALLY? On top of that new OC ... Boy oh boy that offense is a mess! Wishful thinking on our parts whether or not they rank higher than say 25 on offense this season. 8-8 record could be in store with the defense keeping the team in games and the offense not being able to score enough points. Sounds like the Bears alright!

You do realize that the draft and free agency aren't over yet right?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Love the Howard pick. He'll be our best back.
Not sure about that. Definitely brings the power element the group is missing but his foot work needs work and has balance issues. In time he could be that guy though.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler isn't a QB?

Sorry, did you think I meant there literally isn't a QB or LT on the roster? There isn't a good QB or LT.

They did pick a back I like a lot right after I said that though, so that's a good thing.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
People are too high on 4th, 5th, 6th round picks and expecting way too damn much when we'll probably never see these guys play in a real game outside of the preseason. They might make the special teams squad. But saying that the guy will be the best player at whatever position? Outta your mind!

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
People are too high on 4th, 5th, 6th round picks and expecting way too damn much when we'll probably never see these guys play in a real game outside of the preseason. They might make the special teams squad. But saying that the guy will be the best player at whatever position? Outta your mind!

A lot of scouts, including the NFL.com analysis, had Howard as a 2nd to 3rd round pick with the potential to drop because of a couple previous injuries. The guy has a ton of talent, and people who watched IU know that. It's possible he comes in and has immediate success with the Bears.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Cutler will have his best year yet 22tds and 10 ints with a 93qbr. I stand behind that

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You know Langford and Carey were 4th round picks right? I think Howard is better than both of them. He was mocked as high as 8th overall less than a month ago.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Hoping for the best that maybe half of these later round picks works out and can play special teams. If they exceed expectations and can start, great! If they exceed that and become a star at their position, I'd be dumbfounded! I have low expectations for lower round picks, but I know that there's always a chance. Not guaranteed however ... Far from it. So please, people, put the kool aid down.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
You know Langford and Carey were 4th round picks right? I think Howard is better than both of them. He was mocked as high as 8th overall less than a month ago.

Yeah and the RBs on the team might be somewhat serviceable but nothing great. Hoping at least one of them can step up and play like a starter. We shall see!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah and the RBs on the team might be somewhat serviceable but nothing great. Hoping at least one of them can step up and play like a starter. We shall see!

From Bloomington, IN to Canton, OH, via Chitown.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
can you win with D...yes, of course. but not consistently. Teams that rely solely on D will fall off sooner than later in today's NFL. the teams that are contenders on a year to year basis over the course of a decade plus are the ones with true franchise QBs.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
They are building the team the right way! Defense wins championships. Patriots are the exception to the rule.

It's much easier and quicker to build a winner through defense. We still have great talent on offense.

Pace is building an exceptional football team with pin point precise direction.

Low football IQ fans won't like it but those of us who understand winning football know that Pace is doing this the right way.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
good lord; so much sand, so many vaginas

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sooner or later people need to stop with the Broncos comparisons. That defense was one of the best in NFL history featuring two HOF pass rushers. We are not going to have anything on the same planet as that level of defense. The copy-cat mentality is so overblown it's ridiculous. Ever year the narrative on this board seems to be to try and emulate the team that won the SB the previous year.

The defense should be solid this year and if they put their resources into the offensive side in 2017, things could get interesting.

I'll still make the bet with you on the Bears not having the top 5 worse 3 and out %

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll still make the bet with you on the Bears not having the top 5 worse 3 and out %

They might not now that they have Jordan Howard.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
They are building the team the right way! Defense wins championships. Patriots are the exception to the rule.

It's much easier and quicker to build a winner through defense. We still have great talent on offense.

Pace is building an exceptional football team with pin point precise direction.

Low football IQ fans won't like it but those of us who understand winning football know that Pace is doing this the right way

lol.

i love how whoever the new GM is, and however they go about building the team, or attempting to, its the right way and fans eat it up. the gm can do no wrong, until they get canned. then they sucked. when emery tried gearing the team towards O it was all "the bears are finally entering the 21rst century." and "emery doesnt sleep." He was the man. and then....

its ridiculous how fans seem incapable of thinking for themselves, they just go along with whatever the teams doing and act as if its the answer.

anyway, relying soley on D is fucking stupid. the bears have been there before. unless you get lucky and build one of the greatest Ds of all time youre likely not winning shit, and if you do itll be one SB and then thatll be it, the team will fall off quickly and thats that. another 30 years without a ring. every team that contends consistently has an above average QB. the broncos last year were an anomaly. I still dont get why so many fans view it as either or, why the fuck cant they build a D and recognize the fact that we need a goddamn QB?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They might not now that they have Jordan Howard.

so you're saying we should wait until the draft is over and free agency until the stupid predictions...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol.

i love how whoever the new GM is, and however they go about building the team, or attempting to, its the right way and fans eat it up. the gm can do no wrong, until they get canned. then they sucked.

Again relying soley on D is fucking stupid. they bears have been there before. unless you get lucky and build one of the greatest Ds of all time youre likely not winning shit, and if you do itll be one SB and then thatll be it, the team will fall off quickly and thats that. every team that contends consistently either has an above average QB. the broncos last year were an anomaly.

is anyone saying to really only on D?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
so you're saying we should wait until the draft is over and free agency until the stupid predictions...

Whatever talent they add will always be hampered by the lack of a real QB. Until they get that, the offense won't fully take off.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
lol.

i love how whoever the new GM is, and however they go about building the team, or attempting to, its the right way and fans eat it up. the gm can do no wrong, until they get canned. then they sucked.

Again relying soley on D is fucking stupid. they bears have been there before. unless you get lucky and build one of the greatest Ds of all time youre likely not winning shit, and if you do itll be one SB and then thatll be it, the team will fall off quickly and thats that. every team that contends consistently either has an above average QB. the broncos last year were an anomaly.

It's also next to impossible to win a super bowl without a great defense. In reality, both sides of the ball are extremely important when building a championship caliber team. You can't neglect either. People forget that when Pace took over, he inherited a team that was almost devoid of talent except for a couple of players here and there. It takes time to rebuild a team.

So far, it looks like he's done an excellent job of putting the pieces together to create a really good defense in the future. And he's made moves (shoring up the line, drafting White, drafting Howard) that should really help the offense. Things are coming together, but you need both a strong offense and strong defense typically to make a deep postseason run.