steve clevenger

chibears55

Liked Posts:
steve clevenger who was considered at getting a chance to play 3B and be the RH back up for rizzo at 1B when the season started but got hurt, has returned to Iowa on a rehab assignment the last 2 weeks.

since his return he has been in 10 games 41 PA .417 AVG 2 HR 10 RBI .488 OBP 1.293 OPS

we should expect his return soon..

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I hope he comes back soon. Switch things up a little bit since no one is really playing good on offense. Welington Castillo has been in a slump so maybe Steve Clevenger will get some playing time at catcher. Maybe some playing time at third base since Luis Valbuena and Cody Ransom have only been alright.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I hope he comes back soon. Switch things up a little bit since no one is really playing good on offense. Welington Castillo has been in a slump so maybe Steve Clevenger will get some playing time at catcher. Maybe some playing time at third base since Luis Valbuena and Cody Ransom have only been alright.

he could also give rizzo a break against some tough lefties..

could end up being a good RH bat to have off the bench that can pay catcher 1B and 3B

CSF77

Liked Posts:
could end up being a good RH bat to have off the bench that can pay catcher 1B and 3B

Really?

Steve Clevenger

Steven Scott Clevenger

Positions: Catcher, Pinch Hitter and First Baseman
Bats: Left, Throws: Right
Height: 6' 0", Weight: 195 lb.

Born: April 5, 1986 in Baltimore, MD (Age 27)
High School: Mount St. Joseph's HS (Baltimore, MD)
School: Chipola College (Marianna, FL)
Drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 7th round of the 2006 amateur draft.
Signed June 14, 2006. (All Transactions)
Debut: September 26, 2011 (Age 25)
Team: Cubs 2011-2013
2013 Contract Status: Pre-Arb Eligible, 1 yr/$496k (13) (details) [*]
Service Time (01/2013): 1.010, Arb Eligible: 2015, Free Agent: 2018 [*],

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Unless he hits for power he is a waste of a roster spot.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Bring on Clevenger !!!!!

With the team's best hitters thus far being.....Navarro, Scheitholez, Sweeney, and Terd Wood. There's barely room for one more.

Hail the Mighty Boy Blunder and his clan from Milwaukee !!!!

:buttrock:

patg006

Liked Posts:
he could also give rizzo a break against some tough lefties..

I'm sorry, did I miss something here? When did a career sub .200 hitting, one career HR Steve Clevenger become a shining beacon of light for this turd show offense? What does that say about this offense?

Heres a hint (fact)--he wont switch things up, he wont be this great "off the bench" bat. Clevenger is another AAAA player who had a nice start last year and then could never readjust to the pitching adjustments made to him....

The beantown bowel movements better be preparing for a winter of signing a hitter or two......or five. Five couldnt hurt at this pace...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Steven Scott ClevengerPositions: Catcher, Pinch Hitter and First Baseman*Bats: Left, Throws: Right*Height: 6' 0", Weight: 195 lb

ooops lol. site i happened to look at to see how he was doing in Iowa had him listed as RH ffor Bat.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, did I miss something here? When did a career sub .200 hitting, one career HR Steve Clevenger become a shining beacon of light for this turd show offense? What does that say about this offense?

Heres a hint (fact)--he wont switch things up, he wont be this great "off the bench" bat. Clevenger is another AAAA player who had a nice start last year and then could never readjust to the pitching adjustments made to him....

The beantown bowel movements better be preparing for a winter of signing a hitter or two......or five. Five couldnt hurt at this pace...

He was batting .500 for a month and then he was injured and missed a good amount of time so I think that affected his play. Lets see what he does this season after his most recent injury.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clevenger bats left handed...:facepalm:

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I think everyone got the point that Steve Clevenger bats left handed. Not a big deal, someone made a mistake and admitted to it.

patg006

Liked Posts:
He was batting .500 for a month and then he was injured and missed a good amount of time so I think that affected his play. Lets see what he does this season after his most recent injury.

This is simple.

If Clevenger was good enough to be starting, he would be. Dont give me two months worth of stats when it amounts to 26 at bats, followed by a dismantling June going 13 for 70.....

Pitchers adjusted to Clevenger. Clevenger didnt readjust. He didnt do it in July, or August, or September. The MLB is really good at weeding out flash in the pan players. After hitting .500 his first two months, he never got above .185 in June-Sept.

Can Corey Hart play third?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
This is simple.

If Clevenger was good enough to be starting, he would be. Dont give me two months worth of stats when it amounts to 26 at bats, followed by a dismantling June going 13 for 70.....

Pitchers adjusted to Clevenger. Clevenger didnt readjust. He didnt do it in July, or August, or September. The MLB is really good at weeding out flash in the pan players. After hitting .500 his first two months, he never got above .136 in June-Sept.

Can Corey Hart play third?

Lol okay mister expert realist, when did I say he should be starting? Calm down, bro.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think everyone got the point that Steve Clevenger bats left handed. Not a big deal, someone made a mistake and admitted to it.

Someone just agreed with the post about Clevenger being able to spell Rizzo, and is a good RH bat off the bench...