legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Love Miller's swag along with solid dose of tempered humility. He's right at the edge of confidence. I love that he legit feels ready for the O to surprise...not just about him. He's talking up Mitch & everybody.

I hated that Bears couldn't stop Smith from tearing up 200+ yards vs. CAR back in the day. That sucked, then his antics to boot. Jump-leg-hugging the upright post n all. Grrr. He owes Bears some help in training Miller.

Crazy enough I kinda like him behind the mic. Pretty composed and accurate in what he says, unlike the majority of blabbermouth former players who never say anything significant & just repeat what others say.

It's tempered cause he's a rookie... If he explodes for 1200 yards, that humility is going right out the damn window, but that's fine with me. As long as he's producing and not being a Steve Smith in practice, fighting everyone.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope we just explode on offense all over Green Bay's tits.

hulksorry.png

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;gm-unJVgVKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm-unJVgVKw[/video]

Still haunted by the memories of Steve Smith torching the Bears in that playoff game all those years ago.

If Miller can become anything close to that, we've got ourselves a stud.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Loving all of this positive man-love recently

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Still haunted by the memories of Steve Smith torching the Bears in that playoff game all those years ago.

Yes I do still remember him shredding the defense, thanks for the video...Not. Miller seems like that type of player.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers

Definitely not going to watch that video. I remember it well enough.
If I remember right, Rex actually played fairly well that game after missing most of the season. Defense just couldn't fucking stop Smith.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Urlacher was on the Dan Patrick show the other day and they were talking about the rivalry and the chess game vs Rodgers. Brian said there were a few line stunts but the Bears coverage never changes, in one game vs the Packers they ran 49 D plays and 48 were cover 2.

Lovie was playing checkers, he's never been an x's and o's genius, his best defender (Urlacher) was a perfect fit for his favorite (only) defense, the cover 2. He didn't have Urlacher in TB and he sure as hell doesn't have him at Illinois, how's that working out?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Urlacher was on the Dan Patrick show the other day and they were talking about the rivalry and the chess game vs Rodgers. Brian said there were a few line stunts but the Bears coverage never changes, in one game vs the Packers they ran 49 D plays and 48 were cover 2.

Lovie was playing checkers, he's never been an x's and o's genius, his best defender (Urlacher) was a perfect fit for his favorite (only) defense, the cover 2. He didn't have Urlacher in TB and he sure as hell doesn't have him at Illinois, how's that working out?

That "mug" look worked pretty damn well for a couple seasons. I remember that Titans game in Lovie's last season. I haven't seen a defensive ass kicking like that since.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That "mug" look worked pretty damn well for a couple seasons. I remember that Titans game in Lovie's last season. I haven't seen a defensive ass kicking like that since.

Sorry but I can't credit Lovie Smith at all for what Rod Marinelli managed to pull off. That mug look was absolutely a joke when Lovie was calling the defense before Rod came here. The mug look is only as effective as the threat itself is. So when teams figure out you're barely blitzing at all from that look then they stop respecting it. Rod was far more aggressive in how he played the defense. Even though it was full of about to be over the hill players.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It worked for sure, I said they did run some games at the line, but nothing in coverage, there was no clever scheme, just talent. Smith went 10-6 and got run out of town, if Nagy gets to 10-6 he will be a hero.

Urlacher's last season was 2012, also Smith's last season with the Bears. Smith's success is tied directly to Urlacher, who allowed Lovie to run that vanilla D and still win games.

It's amazing what a running game and a hall of famer on D can do for a coach, I'm looking at you Nagy.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I saw Steve Smith just enter the NFL studio today, and it was enough to remind me why I can't stand him.

Danced all around the set like he was the star.....what a douche.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I had to bump this after last night.

[video=youtube;G3gv-VpaSRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=G3gv-VpaSRQ[/video]

I think this was serious, Smith is a maniac.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely not going to watch that video. I remember it well enough.
If I remember right, Rex actually played fairly well that game after missing most of the season. Defense just couldn't fucking stop Smith.

yeah...rehashing Bears pain since 1985 should be suspendible.

Some of us have drug addictions for the purpose of amnesia for good reasons.