Steve Young can relate to Trubisky's problems

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmmm...cant wait for the message board meatballs to tell us why Mr. Young is full of crap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
So we drafted a complete project player that needs to sit behind a HOF QB for 4 years with the 2nd overall pick? Okay.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
Steve Young also called Trubs, quote "an INTROVERT"........ not exactly the highest compliment that can be given to someone playing the ultimate Alfa male position.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So can Ryan Leaf but that's not saying much.

When does struggling mean you can be a HOF QB.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good read. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

noprophet

Quaker oats #1 fan
Liked Posts:
p159730_v_v8_ae.jpg

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That article is pretty good. Worth a look. I would copy pasta but there are good embedded videos.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
But Mitch Trubisky is a BUST!! Why are we even still making new threads about him??? SMDH.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hmmm...cant wait for the message board meatballs to tell us why Mr. Young is full of crap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mr Young is absolutely correct as it relates to himself and some other option QBs but he wasn't speaking about Mitch and Lambert is full of shit. On the 1st throw, Mitch felt he might not have room to step in as much but the footwork on both those plays is good. The weight shift was there. His drops are good and he keeps his feet moving so that they and he can shift direction and weight quickly. Great QBs can be reasonably accurate without always needing perfect mechanics. In fact it was noted as one of Mitches attributes coming out. Not saying he is or ever will be great but he just missed. Mitch clearly needs to improve but Lambert is a know nothing hack filling space and trying to make you think he got some scoop about Young and Mitch when all he did was find some quotes and fashion a story.
giphy.webp

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you have to turn to sports mockery for hope in a dope, ya should know it's a losing cause.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reading this article, either Steve Young has never watched Trubisky in college or he’s not even referring to Trubisky at all. Coming out of college, and even with only 1 year of experience, Trubisky was still the most polished QB in the draft. His footwork was fine, and his ability in the pocket was the reason Ryan Pace drafted him...

As I studied all these quarterbacks, his accuracy jumps out right away. His ability to process and see the whole field jumps out right away. He’s very athletic. He can extend the play. And one trait you’ll notice, as quarterbacks are extending the play, the ability to move around and keep his eyes downfield still looking for open targets instead of just tucking the ball and wanting to run

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Reading this article, either Steve Young has never watched Trubisky in college or he’s not even referring to Trubisky at all. Coming out of college, and even with only 1 year of experience, Trubisky was still the most polished QB in the draft. His footwork was fine, and his ability in the pocket was the reason Ryan Pace drafted him...

As I studied all these quarterbacks, his accuracy jumps out right away. His ability to process and see the whole field jumps out right away. He’s very athletic. He can extend the play. And one trait you’ll notice, as quarterbacks are extending the play, the ability to move around and keep his eyes downfield still looking for open targets instead of just tucking the ball and wanting to run

I don't think Young was speaking of Trubisky at all. I think the author took what Young stated about his own development and then likened it to Trubisky.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Young was speaking of Trubisky at all. I think the author took what Young stated about his own development and then likened it to Trubisky.

Yes, but Steve Young’s journey was much different than Trubisky’s. There is really no comparison. Trubisky is not some running qb just learning how to throw the ball.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Yes, but Steve Young’s journey was much different than Trubisky’s. There is really no comparison. Trubisky is not some running qb just learning how to throw the ball.

I never said anything about that.