Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, but Steve Young’s journey was much different than Trubisky’s. There is really no comparison. Trubisky is not some undrafted rookie just learning how to throw the ball.

Don't really understand this post. Young was the 1st pick in a supplemental draft and picked before guys like Mike Rozier, Gary Zimmerman and Reggie White. These were stars taken by the USFL and he would have been an early if not the 1st pick in the NFL draft had he not signed with the USFL 1st. 2nd to a RB (Rozier) in Heisman voting and 1st team national all star with BYU and an 11-1 record. He had a lot more experience and play than Mitch. What Young said is unrelated to Mitchell but Young was not some undrafted rookie.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hope this is his biggest problem. But the Bears don't have 4 years for him to develop

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not. It's his head and anticipation. Hard to say where it will go. He has the tools. Release is a little low (always was) but the rest is fine if he ever gets it. Feet are much better than college and they weren't bad there.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reading this article, either Steve Young has never watched Trubisky in college or he’s not even referring to Trubisky at all. Coming out of college, and even with only 1 year of experience, Trubisky was still the most polished QB in the draft. His footwork was fine, and his ability in the pocket was the reason Ryan Pace drafted him...

As I studied all these quarterbacks, his accuracy jumps out right away. His ability to process and see the whole field jumps out right away. He’s very athletic. He can extend the play. And one trait you’ll notice, as quarterbacks are extending the play, the ability to move around and keep his eyes downfield still looking for open targets instead of just tucking the ball and wanting to run

The quotes are taken from an article from ESPN published a while (years?) ago: http://static.espn.go.com/nfl/s/westcoast/popularity.html

The mockery author pulls quotes and relates them to Trubs, while leading the reader to (incorrectly) think Young was directly referencing Trubs.

Some sneaky shit.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Steve Young also called Trubs, quote "an INTROVERT"........ not exactly the highest compliment that can be given to someone playing the ultimate Alfa male position.

Alpha Males are introverts

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Reading this article, either Steve Young has never watched Trubisky in college or he’s not even referring to Trubisky at all. Coming out of college, and even with only 1 year of experience, Trubisky was still the most polished QB in the draft. His footwork was fine, and his ability in the pocket was the reason Ryan Pace drafted him...

As I studied all these quarterbacks, his accuracy jumps out right away. His ability to process and see the whole field jumps out right away. He’s very athletic. He can extend the play. And one trait you’ll notice, as quarterbacks are extending the play, the ability to move around and keep his eyes downfield still looking for open targets instead of just tucking the ball and wanting to run

You aren't watching the game... t
You are just parroting opinions because it pads your ego...

90% of the draft picks never live up... this makes it easy for cowards to criticize every player who takes the field and isnt an overnight sensation.

Mitch is better under center and the offense looks better in a single back and "I" formation.

The shotgun plays are scripted... there isnt much to read... those are designed plays with little wiggle room...the only thing you can do is audible out completely..

Most of the people parroting this bullshit barely understand how NFL offenses run let alone how QBs are expected to run them...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You aren't watching the game... t
You are just parroting opinions because it pads your ego...

90% of the draft picks never live up... this makes it easy for cowards to criticize every player who takes the field and isnt an overnight sensation.

Mitch is better under center and the offense looks better in a single back and "I" formation.

The shotgun plays are scripted... there isnt much to read... those are designed plays with little wiggle room...the only thing you can do is audible out completely..

Most of the people parroting this bullshit barely understand how NFL offenses run let alone how QBs are expected to run them...

what the fuck is this gibberish?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Just a typical post from a Special person homer who thinks he's intelligent

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
I don’t think the footwork is as much as issue as the timing. The idea of the WCO is the footwork and timing are synced. When the back foot hits on the final step back the ball comes out. The backpedal puts you into proper throwing footwork. This is true even in shotgun, there’s still steps back to get him into proper position.
The thing I notice is that Mitch doesn’t get the ball out on the last step, he holds it a bit longer. He resets and doesn’t always get back into proper position.
This could be from several things.
1. He doesn’t think he’s open
2. The receiver isn’t where he’s supposed to be.
3. There’s no throwing lane
4. He only comfortable throwing to open receivers not a spot.
It’s really going to come down to trust and repetition. He needs to trust his pre-snap read that his guy will be open and be at the spot he’s to throw to. He has to trust that the OL will do their job and get the DL hands down.
All of that stuff takes time, doing it over and over in practice until it’s second nature. The repetition leads to the trust

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
who did Lambert steal this info from

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
But yes...footwork has much to do with deep throws......time and repetition.....

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Ummmm.....because he endorsed Trestman?

Trestman had the #2 rated offense his first year, the defense was rated 30....so he either made a bad hire in Tucker or didn't have enough talent