Stewart back to being a shit head!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...tebook_id=50306362&vkey=notebook_chc&c_id=chc

CHICAGO -- Ian Stewart faces a fine and possible suspension by the Cubs for his rant on Twitter about his status in the organization.

Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer told the Chicago Tribune on Tuesday that the team would deal with Stewart's punishment privately.

"We spent the entire morning dealing with an issue that doesn't help us get better as an organization," Hoyer told the Tribune. "That's not how we want to spend our time. What he did was really unprofessional and there are going to be consequences. Beyond that, I'm not going to comment."

Stewart, 28, who started at first base Tuesday for Iowa against Oklahoma City, was 1-for-3 with a RBI double Monday night for Triple-A Iowa. After the game, he vented on Twitter. A fan asked Stewart if there was "any word when you're heading back to Chicago." Stewart replied: "Probably never."

Another person responded to Stewart, saying he should quit baseball. Stewart's response: "Why should I quit? I'm making 2 mill in AAA like u would give that up by quitting"

Stewart signed a one-year, $2 million contract last December after the Cubs non-tendered him.

Someone else said that if Luis Valbuena was hurt, Stewart would be called up. Stewart's response: "I honestly believe if Valbuena were to get hurt cubs wouldn't cal me back up just MHO"

He then added: "I said that because the cubs are done with me ... there (sic) going to let me rott (sic) in AAA all season and then non tender me after."

Stewart suggested the Cubs "might as well release" him so he could sign with another team. Stewart said Cubs manager Dale Sveum was the reason he won't play for the big league team. Stewart said: "I think dale doesn't like me and he's running the show."

In an interview with MLB.com in May, Stewart said he enjoyed playing for the Triple-A team, and had accepted that he might be there the entire season. On May 3, Stewart was activated from the disabled list, then placed on waivers and eventually outrighted to Iowa.

When the Cubs made the roster move, president of baseball operations Theo Epstein told Stewart that Josh Vitters will get most of the playing time because he was "the future at third." Vitters is currently rehabbing at the Cubs' facility in Mesa, Ariz.

In 39 games with Iowa, Stewart was batting .164 with four home runs, six doubles and 19 RBIs in 110 at-bats. He began his pro career with the Rockies in 2007, and was traded to the Cubs in December 2011. A wrist injury limited him to 55 games last season, and he underwent surgery in July.

I dont want to tout my own horn but I called this guy being a shit head when we traded for him.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I dont want to tout my own horn but I called this guy being a shit head when we traded for him.

Takes 2 to tango.

I doubt any here would retire and give up 2 mil.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont blame him for the money. I blame him for not taking responsibility that he has sucked and thats why he isnt on the ML club.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I blame the Cubs for trading useful players for a shitty player with a shitty attitude.

You werent the only one who said it was a bad trade from the day it happened.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I really, realllllyyy didn't want to give this guy a contract. What a waste.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-den/2013/06/the-ian-stewart-show-continues/#

John Arguello from Cubs Den sums this up pretty well for me.

I have defended the Ian Stewart trade largely because it was a low risk gamble for a player who was gifted in terms of physical ability, but instead it has become a testament to the importance of mental makeup when it comes to being able to fully utilize one's talent.

In retrospect, it seems the Cubs misjudged Ian Stewart, not once, but twice.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I really, realllllyyy didn't want to give this guy a contract. What a waste.

Doesn't say much for the brilliant minds at Command Central. Compounding a bad trade by re-signing him. Can't imagine it had anything to do with their own egos. Because there isn't really another reason to justify it.

Nice to know that Stewart is going to be punished for their own mistake to begin with.

Can't wait to see what other fuck-ups happen by Command Central at the trade tables coming up.

That alone is worth looking forward to.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I have defended the Ian Stewart trade largely because it was a low risk gamble for a player who was gifted in terms of physical ability, but instead it has become a testament to the importance of mental makeup when it comes to being able to fully utilize one's talent.

Nice to know that the goal is to caputure lightning in a bottle over actually trying to win or giving a youngster a chance.

I guess this great "rebuild"/ "youth movement"on a budget has been looking pretty good afterall.

Wonder if these guys are actually reading the handbook that has been issued.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
via Gordon Wittenmyer, Ian Stewart has been suspended indefinitely without pay.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
via Gordon Wittenmyer, Ian Stewart has been suspended indefinitely without pay.

If Ricketts had any brains he'd do the same with the idiots in charge of this rewarding journey.

They are the fuckheads that traded for the injured goods in the first place. Take it out of their pay.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

But it WASN'T a low risk gamble. They gave up two useful players for him. That is not low risk.

As bad as the signing was, Scott Baker was a low risk signing. All they are paying him is money, which the Cubs have PLENTY of, but at least they didn't have to give up any players to sign him.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
But it WASN'T a low risk gamble. They gave up two useful players for him. That is not low risk.

As bad as the signing was, Scott Baker was a low risk signing. All they are paying him is money, which the Cubs have PLENTY of, but at least they didn't have to give up any players to sign him.

I guess another low risk gamble would also be the upwards of fifty million dollars spent the last two years on international players that have done NOTHING to provide wins at the ML level.

The "best one" isn't even close to the majors and may never make it.

It's been like clockwork. One fuck up after another......

Whether it's contracts, drafting, player signings, trades, coaches, the manager, you name it.

It's unbelieveable these guys still have a job.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I guess another low risk gamble would also be the upwards of fifty million dollars spent the last two years on international players that have done NOTHING to provide wins at the ML level.

The "best one" isn't even close to the majors and may never make it.

It's been like clockwork. One fuck up after another......

Whether it's contracts, drafting, player signings, trades, coaches, the manager, you name it.

It's unbelieveable these guys still have a job.

I think what's unbelievable is that an obvious cancer according to Rickett's was shipped off to Miami for trash and 18 million dollars to boot, and this clown is still in the organization for 2 million. Every penny spent I guess.

The "screw me once, shame on you", "screw me twice, shame on me" saying should apply here.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I think what's unbelievable is that an obvious cancer according to Rickett's was shipped off to Miami for trash and 18 million dollars to boot, and this clown is still in the organization for 2 million.

Exactly.

Yet another case of the front office and ownership saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.

Yet the brain washed #TheoSpankfest apologizers will come running making excuses for both moves even when both moves made the team obviously worse.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Exactly.

Yet another case of the front office and ownership saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.

Yet the brain washed #TheoSpankfest apologizers will come running making excuses for both moves even when both moves made the team obviously worse.

Unfortunately.......

There is far too much evidence that suggests the idiots running the team have no clue what the fuck they are doing.

I don't care how much experience or how many degrees they have between them.

The results speak volumes on what we are watching now. It can't be hidden by excuses or promises of extended future bliss.

They have about three gallons left of the five gallon tank of gas they were given. So far they've driven in reverse the whole time.

"Committed" my ass.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Unfortunately.......

There is far too much evidence that suggests the idiots running the team have no clue what the fuck they are doing.

I don't care how much experience or how many degrees they have between them.

The results speak volumes on what we are watching now. It can't be hidden by excuses or promises of extended future bliss.

They have about three gallons left of the five gallon tank of gas they were given. So far they've driven in reverse the whole time.

"Committed" my ass.

[video=youtube;6CVSBxAD3kw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CVSBxAD3kw[/video]