Strength of schedule 2023

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Colts and Bears have the 5 easiest schedules for the upcoming year. That No1 pick looks a lil further away. I don't put ?% stock in SOS but it's a good indicator. Also, the NFC south looks horrible. Could give Bryce Young a headstart on a good season.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Colts and Bears have the 5 easiest schedules for the upcoming year. That No1 pick looks a lil further away. I don't put ?% stock in SOS but it's a good indicator. Also, the NFC south looks horrible. Could give Bryce Young a headstart on a good season.
Bryce Young is throwing to a washed up Thielen and another mediocre Wr who’s never played a full season. That offense could struggle a lot.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bryce Young is throwing to a washed up Thielen and another mediocre Wr who’s never played a full season. That offense could struggle a lot.
According to Montardboy the Panthers offense is gonna be good.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Its mostly meaningless but it should be noteworthy that three of these fives teams are in the NFC South and the one team that isn't might be the worst of the bunch without Tom Brady.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Frank Reich might not be winning any titles for you, but he did a decent job with the Colts until his last year there. He's worthy of a retread opportunity more than most.

Not many coaches get dealt a hand like Andrew Luck retiring out of absolutely nowhere like that, so I'll cut him some slack on that year two dive. His other three full seasons he had a winning record. Then things came unglued big time.

Point is if you're hoping Frank Reich is going to be the reason the Panthrs don't win the NFL's worst division your hope is probably misplaced. He is capable of picking a low hanging fruit, and probably not a bad choice as a bridge coach.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we kept hearing this shit last year, turned out quite different

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Frank Reich might not be winning any titles for you, but he did a decent job with the Colts until his last year there. He's worthy of a retread opportunity more than most.

Not many coaches get dealt a hand like Andrew Luck retiring out of absolutely nowhere like that, so I'll cut him some slack on that year two dive. His other three full seasons he had a winning record. Then things came unglued big time.

Point is if you're hoping Frank Reich is going to be the reason the Panthrs don't win the NFL's worst division your hope is probably misplaced. He is capable of picking a low hanging fruit, and probably not a bad choice as a bridge coach.
I'm banking more on the idea that Young is going to be in a body cast by November.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm banking more on the idea that Young is going to be in a body cast by November.
If Ikem Ekwonu takes a big year two step to realize his potential they are in the running for best offensive line in the league.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If Ikem Ekwonu takes a big year two step to realize his potential they are in the running for best offensive line in the league.
Sure, but that's not going to matter if he's scrambling out of the pocket and is in the sights of Micah Parsons.

mecha

Liked Posts:
we kept hearing this shit last year, turned out quite different
of all professional sports leagues, the NFL probably has the most parity of them all. teams trend up and down every year. you could be a playoff team the previous season and your quarterback is lost for the season, you're not just not going to the playoffs again, you're finishing in the cellar of your division. of you were in the cellar the previous season and you hit on the draft and FA and retooled your team and maybe go on a serious postseason run.

it's why I never put stock in strength of schedule. that's last year's statistics, they have no basis in this current year. just my opinion.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
SOS to me must include the actual scheduled dates. TNF, SNF, MNF, travel and how each week stacks up help determine how tough the schedule really is and as mentioned, if the perceived SOS is based on last year's stats only, it really does not paint the whole picture.