Strike! Stop clicking on the CCS sensationalist blog posts.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I'm 50/50. I used to enjoy the posts, but lately it's seemed very rushed and very much clickbaitish. Last few I've read are pretty irrelevant and not good content. But at same time , I'm all for someone trying to improve their craft.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
It's very funny watching people miss the very obvious joke thread titles and getting upset about it (over and over and over again). Then to say you go to reddit because reddit would never, ever have "sensationalist garbage". What a golden thread for laughs.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are clicking on them?

I click on all of them and even started blasting so many out into the Twitterverse that I started getting blocked because I was looking like a straight up CCS spam bot, but I am all for driving more traffic to the frontpage because if the frontpage can out traffic the forums...guess where most of the ads will end up?

If every one of you followed my lead we could be there already, but peeps would rather make threads like the OP instead of seeing the big picture.

S
M
H

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I recommend putting yourself in Sigler's shoes he's started a new job and is testing out what works.

It's less that and more people not realizing the state of journalism in 2023.

I mean this site could just charge a monthly fee to be a poster here and stop leaning on ad based revenue to help bring a return to the "quality over quantity" kind of world, but if people won't even pay the Chicago Tribune anymore...I doubt that plan works for Chicitysports.com

jive

Liked Posts:
I shall join this protest so they have one less page impression on their web stats.
That'll show them!

Washington

Liked Posts:
I find it to be invigorating journalism. Damn good work if these guys were, say 10 year olds I suppose. I am still impressed with the article on the alleged trash can beating/mauling by Poles. However, it did leave me wanting more. Was the trash can damage irreparable and if so is Poles being severely reprimanded and having to pay restitution? Has the league looked into his behavior?

Anyway, the business model is working as designed. More clicks = more income for the site owners as was previously pointed out. Income is good. And, I am all for capitalism. If these guys can get paid for writing nonsensical blather, God Bless them!!! Win win...

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
I don’t mind the articles, but I struggle with the titles. They’re way too sensationalized.

@JordanSigler - you’re a good writer, please avoid making every headline seem like it’s the craziest story ever. If you write solid and informational pieces, I for one will keep reading them. Clearly you can write, so rely on that for clicks rather than using misleading headlines. My guess is your career will be a long one if you do.
Keep up the good writing! It’s been fun reading what you write (in the articles).

mecha

Liked Posts:
Ryan Poles is considering bringing in THIS former All-Pro...

You'll never believe what happens next...

I don’t mind the articles, but I struggle with the titles. They’re way too sensationalized.

@JordanSigler - you’re a good writer, please avoid making every headline seem like it’s the craziest story ever. If you write solid and informational pieces, I for one will keep reading them. Clearly you can write, so rely on that for clicks rather than using misleading headlines. My guess is your career will be a long one if you do.
Keep up the good writing! It’s been fun reading what you write (in the articles).
yes, Digits captured the essence of a Sigler title perfectly

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I feel this forum has gone downhill since they added CCS writers and forced them to add content. What this does is force the blog writers to write things that aren't newsworthy. This isn't the bloggers fault, this is whoever decided to add this feature to this site to drive more clicks. It is slowly becoming the sports equivalent of the National Enquirer.

So please stop giving these blogs clicks and force management to provide QUALITY over quantity.

End rant.
Don’t preach to me fatso

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

In todays journalism market, you do both. Get clicks, get money. Thanks

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I feel this forum has gone downhill since they added CCS writers and forced them to add content. What this does is force the blog writers to write things that aren't newsworthy. This isn't the bloggers fault, this is whoever decided to add this feature to this site to drive more clicks. It is slowly becoming the sports equivalent of the National Enquirer.

So please stop giving these blogs clicks and force management to provide QUALITY over quantity.

End rant.
Ditto!