Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's not what I'm seeing in frame by frame in AZ so far. The one where Mitch did his Rex impression in AZ was the right call to burn the free rusher the play was designed to allow if the he didn't stick with the WR but Massie focused on the wrong guy and allowed another free rusher from the other side. Also Whitehair and I think Long were double teaming one instead of one on that guy and one on the guy Massie originally focused on.
So then Mitch had Cohen off to his blind side but rushers coming free on both sides. By the time Cohen was starting to turn they were on him. With only the one rusher they knew was coming he could've bought time so Cohen could've burned the rush if it did come in.
They could've easily had 3 rushers almost untouched on that one thanks to Massie, Long and Whitehair. Was Mitch supposed to have 80lb Cohen block them all? Mitch called it right, the oline failed.

In GB the interior wasn't holding much of a line and the OTs were constantly chasing after their guys or pushing them into Mitch. (Which was one of the roughing the passer calls in AZ according to the announcers.) Maybe pushing them would work for the QB to step up into the pocket but only when there's a pocket to step into. Otherwise he has rushers coming from both sides plus his own linemen helping block his escape and no pocket. That was against GB's horrible line.

Watch the Lions vs Patriots. Both team's hold a solid front. Watch teams we play, they mostly hold a solid front until Mack causes a problem and creates an opening. We don't play teams with Mack to cause those problems as much as we have them, there is no excuse.

We're not talking getting hit sometimes. Someone even said they heard Long in a game getting on the oline for sucking. I think Nagy has mentioned it. The team admits the oline isn't working right.
Basically the narrative the oline is good is an excuse by fans to blame the QB for everything on the team as usual. Sometimes in team sports the other players on the team have to do their job. Everything is not because of the QB.

Even if Trubisky calls all the blitzs right that means we're constantly doing quick dump offs or switching to runs both which stacks the box. To get those deep throws that really burns the other team for stacking the box that everyone wants and gets them to back off requires the oline to do their job and stop a rush sometimes. Yes he sets it up to have the guy to dump a quick one to but sometimes the oline is supposed to pick up the rush so it's not always the quick dump off. Other teams manage to do it to us even with Mack and I don't think they're using max protect all the time, but I'll look for how AZ managed too.

If teams do start blitzing like Grossman and the online doesn't start playing right we will be right back to last year, can't run, can't pass and even screens don't work, which coincidentally was this oline. Maybe Cohen and Howard aren't a good plan if they can't block and are always the quick dump off.
It's like dominoes. Kush is' meh, Whitehair isn't that massive of an anchor and Massie is Massie. Long is not playing at his previous strength. On passing plays, it used to be Long would take his side, Sitton his and Whitehair would help where needed. RB would watch the edges and gaps. This line is currently getting pushed back more often and also allowing vertically gaps by by being at different depths. It isn't terrible but it's not great either. Long will get stronger as the year continues, Daniels will probably replace Kush and things will probably be better towards the end of the year. None of this excuses some of the things we're seeing in Mitch.

Reactions: Myk

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It's like dominoes. Kush is' meh, Whitehair isn't that massive of an anchor and Massie is Massie. Long is not playing at his previous strength. On passing plays, it used to be Long would take his side, Sitton his and Whitehair would help where needed. RB would watch the edges and gaps. This line is currently getting pushed back more often and also allowing vertically gaps by by being at different depths. It isn't terrible but it's not great either. Long will get stronger as the year continues, Daniels will probably replace Kush and things will probably be better towards the end of the year. None of this excuses some of the things we're seeing in Mitch.

This is very well said. Trubisky is the biggest issue out there and some of the throws he is making are inexcusable.

Doesn’t mean the line gets a pass for being mediocre.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
lol

ok man whatever

I disagree tho. Oline has been fine.

He's been on this since the Bears weren't able to get Nelson. On the play he's talking about, Massie takes the correct guy (they're supposed to always take the inside), but the player then drops into coverage after the CB has gotten past. It was a great designed defensive play. They had someone line up over Whitehair, who then dropped into coverage, which is why he ends up double teaming with Long. It was obvious they were blitzing, but if you look at the WRs, there is no one running a hot route. Cohen is wide open in the flat. That one was all on Trubisky. The OL hasn't been great, but it's been serviceable and should get better. They need to put in Daniels and let him take his lumps. If he sucks, you need to replace him ASAP in the draft.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I wish I would've recorded the Packers game. Definitely noticed the different depths there. I could be blaming the wrong one sometimes and remembering wrong from time but Massie is starting to remind me of J'Taco's incompetence.
I still have last years games on harddrive so I might look at some random games.

Looking up the stats.
2018 we are 10th for sacks allowed.
3rd for negative yards up the center. You can't blame that on Trubisky and it does point to too much penetration for everything.
Last year they were midrange at those. This year they have got much better at 10yd+ runs so they did improve opening up lanes for Howard to get through.

While I was there:
Trubisky is #9 for completion percentage.
Mahomes #15

Trubisky #19 for attempts
Mahomes #25

Trubisky is #13 for completions
Mahomes #22

Trubisky is #26 for yards
Mahomes #9

Trubisky is #27 for QBR
Mahomes #1 137.4 (Holy shit!)

He's been on this since the Bears weren't able to get Nelson. On the play he's talking about, Massie takes the correct guy (they're supposed to always take the inside), but the player then drops into coverage after the CB has gotten past. It was a great designed defensive play. They had someone line up over Whitehair, who then dropped into coverage, which is why he ends up double teaming with Long. It was obvious they were blitzing, but if you look at the WRs, there is no one running a hot route. Cohen is wide open in the flat. That one was all on Trubisky. The OL hasn't been great, but it's been serviceable and should get better. They need to put in Daniels and let him take his lumps. If he sucks, you need to replace him ASAP in the draft.

Nelson was gone. I've told you not getting Nelson is not the issue multiple times, it wasn't an option.
We really didn't need a guard, we need OTs, at least one OT. We needed a center, we got a good center, he's just not playing yet. I wanted Nelson if he was there only because he is that good. Same reason I wanted Barkley. Those were not needs, they were BPA that would help the team score points and help the QB not into develop Grossman or Cutler like we are seeing.
I have no issues with other teams drafting a BPA before us, that we got any of them including Chubb, was wishful thinking. I even have no issues with CCS members having different opinions than me, unlike you. Unlike you I realize they are just opinions and our desires don't change what the GM does.
I do have issues with getting a rookie QB without a great oline and then not fixing that line the following year (even going so far as saying Whitehair was snapping balls OK last year, WTF). That's on Nagy and Pace for failing to assess the players they had after cutting the players they did to correctly identify needs.
The issue is thinking we need HOF rushers to beat positions those same people think are worthy of 7th round and UDFA players because that's been the Bears game plan to losing for decades. You may hold that opinion, the fact the Bears are still holding that opinion is the issue.

None of our opinions changes the fact the oline is not working as good as even the Lion's oline or our own were last year.

So you can take your badmouthing me with made up bullshit because I didn't agree with you on who we should draft if available and shove it up your ass along with your made up strawmen arguments you use because you're too stupid to actually argue against what someone says.

Now if you would actually want to talk football: If Massie is supposed to take the inside guy who doesn't come in then why does he switch to the outside guy after he's beat by the outside guy? Maybe because he was focused on the inside position instead of who actually showed they were coming in? Once Whitehair had Long's guy why was Long stuck there instead of on Massie's focus which would then allow Massie to move his attention to the guy coming in? Yes it was a good design by the defense that suckered two of our oline to focus on the wrong people and allow both edges to come in nearly untouched. Why don't I see our defense suckering olines like that even when we did that almost every play?
I've seen it on other teams, Massie's attention should've been divided to get the one who came in when they came in, when Long passes his guy to Whitehair his focus should shift if there's someone to shift to unless it's someone like Mack who needs double teamed. I highly doubt if they're supposed to take the guy who doesn't come in and allow someone next to them to come in untouched because of where they were lined up, at least not on good teams, not in any oline breakdown I've seen. If that is our plan, there's the problem.

It's like people have said about Trubisky's accuracy, there's the guy, throw the ball to him.
As you say, oline shouldn't be that difficult to need a player like Nelson. There's the guys coming in, stop them or at least slow them down, even if you have to try and block two. (And successfully taking on two is why talent like Nelson is good to have but not Nelson, we need OTs more.)
Has Heistand filled their heads with so many changes they're thinking too much? They're all vets and were better last year, it shouldn't be that hard for any of them. Listen to the coach in practice, do your job on game day, go back to practicing the coaches theory in practice.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
I wish I would've recorded the Packers game. Definitely noticed the different depths there. I could be blaming the wrong one sometimes and remembering wrong from time but Massie is starting to remind me of J'Taco's incompetence.
I still have last years games on harddrive so I might look at some random games.

Looking up the stats.
2018 we are 10th for sacks allowed.
3rd for negative yards up the center. You can't blame that on Trubisky and it does point to too much penetration for everything.
Last year they were midrange at those. This year they have got much better at 10yd+ runs so they did improve opening up lanes for Howard to get through.

While I was there:
Trubisky is #9 for completion percentage.
Mahomes #15

Trubisky #19 for attempts
Mahomes #25

Trubisky is #13 for completions
Mahomes #22

Trubisky is #26 for yards
Mahomes #9

Trubisky is #27 for QBR
Mahomes #1 137.4 (Holy shit!)

Nelson was gone. I've told you not getting Nelson is not the issue multiple times, it wasn't an option.
We really didn't need a guard, we need OTs, at least one OT. We needed a center, we got a good center, he's just not playing yet. I wanted Nelson if he was there only because he is that good. Same reason I wanted Barkley. Those were not needs, they were BPA that would help the team score points and help the QB not into develop Grossman or Cutler like we are seeing.
I have no issues with other teams drafting a BPA before us, that we got any of them including Chubb, was wishful thinking. I even have no issues with CCS members having different opinions than me, unlike you. Unlike you I realize they are just opinions and our desires don't change what the GM does.
I do have issues with getting a rookie QB without a great oline and then not fixing that line the following year (even going so far as saying Whitehair was snapping balls OK last year, WTF). That's on Nagy and Pace for failing to assess the players they had after cutting the players they did to correctly identify needs.
The issue is thinking we need HOF rushers to beat positions those same people think are worthy of 7th round and UDFA players because that's been the Bears game plan to losing for decades. You may hold that opinion, the fact the Bears are still holding that opinion is the issue.

None of our opinions changes the fact the oline is not working as good as even the Lion's oline or our own were last year.

So you can take your badmouthing me with made up bullshit because I didn't agree with you on who we should draft if available and shove it up your ass along with your made up strawmen arguments you use because you're too stupid to actually argue against what someone says.

Now if you would actually want to talk football: If Massie is supposed to take the inside guy who doesn't come in then why does he switch to the outside guy after he's beat by the outside guy? Maybe because he was focused on the inside position instead of who actually showed they were coming in? Once Whitehair had Long's guy why was Long stuck there instead of on Massie's focus which would then allow Massie to move his attention to the guy coming in? Yes it was a good design by the defense that suckered two of our oline to focus on the wrong people and allow both edges to come in nearly untouched. Why don't I see our defense suckering olines like that even when we did that almost every play?
I've seen it on other teams, Massie's attention should've been divided to get the one who came in when they came in, when Long passes his guy to Whitehair his focus should shift if there's someone to shift to unless it's someone like Mack who needs double teamed. I highly doubt if they're supposed to take the guy who doesn't come in and allow someone next to them to come in untouched because of where they were lined up, at least not on good teams, not in any oline breakdown I've seen. If that is our plan, there's the problem.

It's like people have said about Trubisky's accuracy, there's the guy, throw the ball to him.
As you say, oline shouldn't be that difficult to need a player like Nelson. There's the guys coming in, stop them or at least slow them down, even if you have to try and block two. (And successfully taking on two is why talent like Nelson is good to have but not Nelson, we need OTs more.)
Has Heistand filled their heads with so many changes they're thinking too much? They're all vets and were better last year, it shouldn't be that hard for any of them. Listen to the coach in practice, do your job on game day, go back to practicing the coaches theory in practice.

Ridiculous post. You cannot go by stats. One guy is actually playing the quarterback position and is throwing the ball all over the field (Mahomes) while the other guy is limited to quick hitters, 5 and 10 yard passes and rollouts (Trubs). Whose percentage would you expect to be higher? Duh.

I read yesterday that Trubs is passing at around 14% accuracy on passes 15 yards or deeper. THAT is the real story.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
the Oline has been fine tho.

they have been better than average. The narrative with some people that the OL has been bad is bullshit.

Every QB gets hit sometimes. Trubs has to be able to deal with that.

And Trubs getting hit on blitzes isn't on the OL. Thats on Trubs. He has see it coming and make pre-snap adjustments or adjust his timing or throw it away.

Teams are gon start blitzing Trubs like they did to Grossman until he shows that he can beat it.

This. After watching Arizona on 3rd down sack, force a fumble and pressure Trubisky with zero pre-snap adjustments by #10, the tape is there for all opponents:

Minimize gains on 1st and 2nd, and get Chicago in 3rd and 5+ and you have basically won the drive.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
The reason stats are mostly meaningless at this time is it's only been 3 games.

Reactions: Myk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that most here are SEVERELY over reacting. Yes, Trubisky missed some throws. But looking at the foundation of his game, most things are there.

Does he need to improve? Yes. He has some mechanical issues that he can certainly clean up. Timing, and fluency in the playbook will come. No player peaks at only 15 starts.

Some of the throws he missed, are missed on a weekly basis by every qb in football. Not an excuse, just a fact.

But the fact that dude is still completing passes at nearly a 70% clip on the season, shows that he is close to breaking through.

Clean it up a bit, master the playbook, and get it done in the red zone...and he’s there. Franchise QB.

He has not been great, but he has been far from “terrible”

Watch him from week 1 through last Sunday, and you see that he has been improving over the last 3 games. You also saw him improve as a QB last season, based on where he started week 1. Clearly it’s not fast enough for many here, but he is improving.

Also, against the Cards, it was good to see him settle in a bit, and play within the offense, even after the early breakdowns on both sides of the ball. Adversity creates growth. The Cardinals are a blitz happy team, and they shut Howard down for the most part. For how green he is still in this offense, I thought he did a solid job in the second half. Drives were sustained, and the Defense was kept fresh. There were several QBs who got hit in the mouth early last week, and folded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that most here are SEVERELY over reacting. Yes, Trubisky missed some throws. But looking at the foundation of his game, most things are there.

Does he need to improve? Yes. He has some mechanical issues that he can certainly clean up. Timing, and fluency in the playbook will come. No player peaks at only 15 starts.

Some of the throws he missed, are missed on a weekly basis by every qb in football. Not an excuse, just a fact.

But the fact that dude is still completing passes at nearly a 70% clip on the season, shows that he is close to breaking through.

Clean it up a bit, master the playbook, and get it done in the red zone...and he’s there. Franchise QB.

He has not been great, but he has been far from “terrible”

Watch him from week 1 through last Sunday, and you see that he has been improving over the last 3 games. You also saw him improve as a QB last season, based on where he started week 1. Clearly it’s not fast enough for many here, but he is improving.

Also, against the Cards, it was good to see him settle in a bit, and play within the offense, even after the early breakdowns on both sides of the ball. Adversity creates growth. The Cardinals are a blitz happy team, and they shut Howard down for the most part. For how green he is still in this offense, I thought he did a solid job in the second half. Drives were sustained, and the Defense was kept fresh. There were several QBs who got hit in the mouth early last week, and folded.

how come you are addressing how "most here are severely overreacting"? There is literally one specific reaction that people are discussing in this thread. A well formatted, organized, and legible reaction. Why don't you address that rather than your imagined "most here"?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Look, I have by no means come to the conclusion that Trubs definitely is going to fail or suck or bust or whatever. He still has a long ways to go in his growth process and time to correct shit. But I have seen enough to be scared. There are signs that his development is not going well (besides stats) and its got me freaked out.

Here is some shit I am pretty sure I have seen:

- Fucking up deep throws by trying to hard to look off defenders - I have seen this 3 (maybe 4 times) in the last 2 games. Trubs looks one way to move safeties then snaps his eyes to the other side and throws instantly. This is a skill Trubs has to develop, but it seems like he has been antsy when coming back and throwing before reading the WR resulting in poor ball placement or just flat out missing. This has been most evident on intermediate to deep sideline throws, tho I did see him fuck up at least 1 short throw to the flat this way.

- Bad reads on the option - Bizarre thing happened in Cardinals game. Trubs never kept the ball on an option play and at least 3 times this was the wrong read. I guess I can't be sure the plays were really options. I suppose they could have been hard call run plays with an option look to help slow defenders, but I kinda don't think so. And Trubs had some fucking huge lanes if he had kept the ball. By the end of the game, the D was ignoring Trubs on option plays and just keying on the HB.

- Panic against pressure - Everyone saw this. Looked like Rex back there. Trubs eyes dropping, pulling the ball in and bouncing around at any hint of pressure. This is a regression. He has been getting worse in the area. Used to be more consistent keeping his eye down field against pressure.

- Pre-snap failure against blitz - Imo, most of the problems against the blitz are likely pre-snap failures. Trubs is failing to identify the blitz pre-snap. He is not checking out of plays that are doomed to fail against a 5 or 6 man rush. He is not calling hot routes. He is generally failing with pre-snap adjustments.

- Accuracy problems - This is the big one imo. Trubs is missing too many throws. Throws with a clean pocket and open WR. Specifically, Trubs has shown huge problems with hitting intermediate drag and seam routes. And these are a staple in the Nagy/Chiefs offense - so many of the plays scheme to free receiver on a 15-20 yard cross or drag route (usually Burton). The plays were all the sudden there is a free receiver wide open, running at like a 45 deg angle about 15 yards deep, that if hit in stride is gon get 30 or more yards. Same concept Packers gash the bears with all the time. Trubs doesn't see these or flat out misses the throw when he does. And this is a fundamental concept in this scheme. Add in the inaccuracy on deep throws and we could have a big fucking problem. This is the one that is hard to brush of as just experience.

- General lack of poise? I don't know about this one, but it would make sense as the root of all the other problems. Does Trubs just flat out not have enough poise? Is there some level of panic happening every time the ball snaps? I don't think there is definitive evidence either way on this one yet, but there is enough to make you wonder.

EDIT some stuff I forgot:

- Lack of Awareness of first down marker - There have been maybe 4-5 catches on 3rd down that were like half a yard short of the first down. Those are probably on the WR running a dumb fuck route, but Trubs should be on them for that. More importantly tho, has anyone noticed Trubs seems to have no idea where the first down is when he runs this year? Its happened at least 3 times I can remember where he runs and slides less than a yard short of the first down. That is some infuriating shit and something we did not see last year.
For me it's three issues only:

Mechanics - he doesn't miss often. His accuracy is almost 70%. But when he does it's bad. And it's because of mechanics. This includes deep ball throws. This will take 4-6 years to correct.

Height - two of his three picks are tipped balls. He can't control this. He will always throw picks due to his height. The mitigation: go deep, accurately.

Reads - he's not understanding defenses. He's not always seeing blitzes. He's not understanding all defenses. This can be largely figured out by the end of the year.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
how come you are addressing how "most here are severely overreacting"? There is literally one specific reaction that people are discussing in this thread. A well formatted, organized, and legible reaction. Why don't you address that rather than your imagined "most here"?

Because he has not even played a full season. Pointing out areas he needs to improve on in his development is one thing. I do that. Acting as if the player he is currently, is the final product, is over reacting imho.

This is not only EARLY in his first season in the playbook, but also his first season in a WCO. He is already showing some improvement over week 1.

Would it be nice to see him hanging numbers like Mahomes? Of course. But just because he isn’t, does not mean I’m about to rip my dick off. Their situations are different. Players mature at different rates. Mahomes has had more time to digest and learn his playbook, as well as stability/familiarity with how his HC runs the show.

There are 4 stages every person goes through when learning anything.

1) Unconsciously Incompetent. You don’t know what you don’t know.

2) Consciously Incompetent. Now you do know just how much shit that you don’t know.

3) Consciously Competent (where I believe Mitch is). Now you do know, but you really have to think about it.

In a sport like football, having to think, instead of just being able to react, can have adverse consequences, because of the speed of the game, and NFL caliber defenders being able to correct quickly.

Finally,

4) Unconsciously Competent. This is full mastery. No longer do you need to think about it-you just see and react.

I have no doubt that Mitch will be to this point before long.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For me it's three issues only:

Mechanics - he doesn't miss often. His accuracy is almost 70%. But when he does it's bad. And it's because of mechanics. This includes deep ball throws. This will take 4-6 years to correct.

Height - two of his three picks are tipped balls. He can't control this. He will always throw picks due to his height. The mitigation: go deep, accurately.

Reads - he's not understanding defenses. He's not always seeing blitzes. He's not understanding all defenses. This can be largely figured out by the end of the year.

I disagree. I don’t think that it will take anywhere near 4-6 years to improve his deep ball accuracy. He was 2/5 against the Cards on passes over 15 yards through the air. The 6th one he missed on, he was being hit. IIRC another one was a non play, due to a roughing the passer penalty. But whatever.

And tbt, the pass that was thrown to Gabriel in the end zone, where he was bracketed, was not bad. Gabriel left his feet a step too early. Usually it’s DBs that make that mistake, not receivers. It was a catchable ball for Gabriel.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because he has not even played a full season. Pointing out areas he needs to improve on in his development is one thing. I do that. Acting as if the player he is currently, is the final product, is over reacting imho.

This is not only EARLY in his first season in the playbook, but also his first season in a WCO. He is already showing some improvement over week 1.

Would it be nice to see him hanging numbers like Mahomes? Of course. But just because he isn’t, does not mean I’m about to rip my dick off. Their situations are different. Players mature at different rates. Mahomes has had more time to digest and learn his playbook, as well as stability/familiarity with how his HC runs the show.

There are 4 stages every person goes through when learning anything.

1) Unconsciously Incompetent. You don’t know what you don’t know.

2) Consciously Incompetent. Now you do know just how much shit that you don’t know.

3) Consciously Competent (where I believe Mitch is). Now you do know, but you really have to think about it.

In a sport like football, having to think, instead of just being able to react, can have adverse consequences, because of the speed of the game, and NFL caliber defenders being able to correct quickly.

Finally,

4) Unconsciously Competent. This is full mastery. No longer do you need to think about it-you just see and react.

I have no doubt that Mitch will be to this point before long.

The concerns are laid out in a well organized, easy to read format. Why don't you address those? Why are you addressing generalities when a list of specific things is the topic of conversation in here?

You say; "Pointing out areas he needs to improve on in his development is one thing. I do that."

Thats literally what this thread is. It is literally a list of areas regarding his development that are concerning to the OP.

Then you say; "Acting as if the player he is currently, is the final product, is over reacting imho."

What? Who are you addressing? Are you having a discussion with yourself that we are privy to only one side of? Nobody in this thread is doing that. Actually, this thread is something you say you do; "Pointing out areas he needs to improve".

Why are you talking about Mahomes? Nobody brought him up but you.

Why are you addressing some generalized panic that does not exist in this thread at all. Did your read the OP? Have you bothered to read this thread? Cause it is probably the most level headed discussion of Trubs on here. Why don't you address what has been actually posted instead of the reactions you are imagining in your head.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I disagree. I don’t think that it will take anywhere near 4-6 years to improve his deep ball accuracy. He was 2/5 against the Cards on passes over 15 yards through the air. The 6th one he missed on, he was being hit. IIRC another one was a non play, due to a roughing the passer penalty. But whatever.

And tbt, the pass that was thrown to Gabriel in the end zone, where he was bracketed, was not bad. Gabriel left his feet a step too early. Usually it’s DBs that make that mistake, not receivers. It was a catchable ball for Gabriel.

Sorry, those are time frames to master the skill (which is mechanics), and I have 0 doubt he will. Not to improve. That's my bad. I agree with you

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The concerns are laid out in a well organized, easy to read format. Why don't you address those? Why are you addressing generalities when a list of specific things is the topic of conversation in here?

You say; "Pointing out areas he needs to improve on in his development is one thing. I do that."

Thats literally what this thread is. It is literally a list of areas regarding his development that are concerning to the OP.

Then you say; "Acting as if the player he is currently, is the final product, is over reacting imho."

What? Who are you addressing? Are you having a discussion with yourself that we are privy to only one side of? Nobody in this thread is doing that. Actually, this thread is something you say you do; "Pointing out areas he needs to improve".

Why are you addressing some generalized panic that does not exist in this thread at all. Did your read the OP? Have you bothered to read this thread? Cause it is probably the most level headed discussion of Trubs on here. Why don't you address what has been actually posted instead of the reactions you are imagining in your head.

“freaks me out”. It’s in the title of the thread.

Freak-Out: noun a wildly irrational reaction or spell of behavior.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you did not read. Please, continue contributing. By all means.