Status
Not open for further replies.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There is no downside outside of blowing a later round pick.

If he is a pain you cut him loose.

But he will get more targets than he would anywhere else in Chicago.

If he gets half the amount of passes attempted, then he'll have 3.5 targets a game with a QB that can't win enough and can't throw to his left. /end sarcasm

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Speaking of Juju...anyone catch the hide and seek celebration?

Another reason Tomlin will never win another SB. Team is too distracted with social media & celebrations

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I would make the trade and take a chance if it is a low round pick. Nothing to lose. Anything more I would say no. With the Bears favorable schedule down the stretch and if the team at worst splits the next four, they could really be fighting for the division or a playoff spot, especially with the way the defense is playing.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There is no downside outside of blowing a later round pick.

If he is a pain you cut him loose.

But he will get more targets than he would anywhere else in Chicago.

Sorry, he's a two strike, head case that's only worried about his targets. He openly dissed a teammate on Twitter. Pace is not trading for Bryant.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still stand exactly where I did. I can't wait for him to be fired so I can see my Ferrari be driven like it's supposed to.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell no!!!

I know what he is after watching him with a great team in Denver.

Just when we think we might actually be good he will blow a game all by himself and you all will go ape shit. Its only a matter of time, as we saw in Baltimore, the man makes bone head clock decisions and lets other teams in the game with his ultra conservative hammer.

He is a buffoon. Says nothing of substance. Limits offenses. Expects his D to hold up. Expects his players to hold up without depth and rotation. Expects old players to hold up or get out.

He is not a guy for the modern game, and we are so desperate for the slightest joy we are laughing and happy now, but just wait. He is the biggest problem currently at Halas Hall, letting him slide because we almost make the playoffs is the worst thing we can do.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
He is mediocre.

The Bears can clearly improve over him.

2 wins does not change the facts that surround this team. If the defense generates 6 turnovers, scores 21 points and allows 6 points in 2 weeks Trestman could win those games from the back of the room.

Treatman's team had a hard time allowing any less than 6 points per possession.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Martavis Bryant - "JuJu is no where near better than me, fool. All they need to do is give me what I want and y'all can have JuJu and whoever else."

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I haven't been on the hate Fox and Loggains train mainly because I want to see some continuity. With that being said, if Fox and company come out with a shit game plan against the puke I will gladly join the hate Fox bandwagon. I know we have the Saints before that but I'm willing to stay away from the hate train until I see how they respond to the pukers. GB will be coming off a short week after playing the Lions and they will be playing in Soldier Field with the Bears having 2 weeks to prepare for them, with a backup qb, a terrible oline and a below average defense. If the game plan isn't to dominate them and beat the shit out of them I will be all aboard getting rid of Fox and Loggains or one or the other, either is fine with me if they blow that game. If we lose to the puke having a backup qb, I think I will seriously lose my fucking mind.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
2 things.

1. The Bears need some WR to properly evaluate Loggains.
2. Fox kicking a FG on 4th and 1/2 yard when his defense is kicking ass was silly. No guts, no glory.

I am on record believing Fox is not going anywhere provided this team shows growth. So far they have regardless of record.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I turn the TV off everytime he makes a big catch.

Probably should have been the pick over Shaheen.

Why add a WR who can compete for a starting gig given the shit you have when you can add a 3rd TE instead?

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
I think DaaBears may have been right, ya'all.

I liked the Fox pick at first... truly hated it by the end of last season. I certainly have been ready for him to go. This is a results business and he hasn't had any, and then beyond that his pressers were excruciatingly fucking terrible. I get that pressers don't mean much, but good fucking lord, it was like the dude had learned about 9 sentences of the English language.

Over the last few weeks though, we have had results. And, beyond that - is it just me, or is Fox exuding a WAAAYYY different personality lately. Almost like if he's confident we are going to win / can win, he loosens up, has swagger, cracks jokes, etc.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
I have been swayed back into a wait and see approach. I am not all the sudden WAY in Fox's camp... but I am absolutely not cutting ties with him if we go 7-9 or better. That is more than double the wins from the previous season. I would be okay retaining him at that point.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been swayed back into a wait and see approach. I am not all the sudden WAY in Fox's camp... but I am absolutely not cutting ties with him if we go 7-9 or better. That is more than double the wins from the previous season. I would be okay retaining him at that point.

It is very good to see that there are people like yourself going into this objectively and evaluating based on what happens. Notwithstanding a dramatic flow of new injuries, I would be okay replacing Fox with less than 7 wins, on same page. I do think we win more.

Liked Posts:
The most important thing this season is developing Mitchell Trubisky. He's doing that by treating him like someone we're scared to have throw passes. 15-20 passes a game should be minimum, he needs real experience. I'm mad with Fox for how he's going about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.