Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well there ya have it. He basically just told the world he will ALWAYS be pass first. He will ALWAYS pass more than run. His run-pass ratio to date has certainly proven that.

Here's the full article of the latest dumb shit to come out of this goons mouth...

The Bears are 22nd in pass/run ratio and the entire NFL is over50% ie pass first.

So you are literally the goon with dumb shit coming out of your mouth. Your trolling is so poorly done, but it does make for some good humor.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thank god we have a coach living in 2018.

I didn’t know SuperDitka was such a John Fox fan.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
(speaking on the Bears lack of balance) ''It doesn't mean that you change the pass-run ratio or anything like that, but when you do run, your yards per carry has to be better,'' Nagy said.

Well there ya have it. He basically just told the world he will ALWAYS be pass first. He will ALWAYS pass more than run. His run-pass ratio to date has certainly proven that.

Another pass happy hot shot who thinks he's hot shit with his nifty visor and smarter than everybody and thinks the NFL is Arena ball. One too many Madden video games for Nagy.

Here's the full article of the latest dumb shit to come out of this goons mouth...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-searching-answers-problem-areas-surface-204735099--nfl.html
SuperDitkaMan is again showing why he is hands-down the worst poster on CCS.

The current division leaders are the Ram, New England, KC, Pittsburg, Houston, Washington, Vikings and New Orleans. What do they all have in common besides being division leaders?

Literally every single division leader has more passes than rushes for the season. Now to be fair, the Rams have only 1 more pass than rush and Washington has 19 more passes than rushes, but most people get the point that there is nothing wrong with passing more than rushing.

Now a good coach would be more concerned about the quality of the rushes than the quantity of the rushes and, surprise surprise that is exactly what Nagy said.

''It doesn't mean that you change the pass-run ratio or anything like that, but when you do run, your yards per carry has to be better,'' Nagy said.

One more example of SuperDitkaFan being SuperDitkaFan.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I don’t understand these incessant threads.

It’s the o-line, special teams and the d (specifically, yac, missed tackles, poor penetration/pressure) these past few weeks—and yet, here we are, talking pass vs run percentages?

This is the best on offence that the Bears have potentially EVER looked with the arrow pointing way the fuck up.

Fuck.

And we are comparing Ditka-esque conservative play calling from his days as a player to now?

Sure, it’d be nice to have Payton playing with us now, but, can’t happen. So why compare?

These threads are so peculiar.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He doesn't run enough for my liking, buuttttt.....Guys, you gotta get beyond the commonly-held normalities of yesteryear. A short dump off is essentially a run. A screen is essentially a run. Plus, you have to ask yourself a fundamental question you may never have asked yourself as a football fan:

What's the damn point of a run?

A pass will usually be a better option. That's just a fact. Passes are more versatile and beneficial to your goal in any given situation usually, BUT NOT ALWAYS.

If you look at the analytics, you should essentially only run in short yardage situations and every now and then as a surprise.

You should never run on Second and 10.

You should run less than half the time on First Down.

These are based on actual numbers showing success rates on which plays you run. I, for one, am glad we have a coach who seems to at least partially understand this.

That said, I *do* wish he'd run more and utilize Jordan Howard more, because there are actually a lot of short yardage situations and First Down situations in which I thought the Bears should've run, and instead they passed.

But we gotta stop this "We need to run the ball 30 times to have success!" nonsense. It's about situations and success rates.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
If Trubisky doesn't pan out, can PT Willis be persuaded out of retirement? Hmm.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
You obviously don't like Nagy...

I find it humorous that you start these threads just to stir up a reaction, here are a couple for you.

You know that low percentage passing (WR screens, bubbles, and shuttle passes) are just long handoffs in the modern NFL...

The colder weather will bring in a need for running the ball, he is just keeping Howard fresh....

Explosive teams throw deep passes and pass more than they run...

the RPO requires a different blocking scheme, so the running game will suffer....

I'm sure there are more, but enjoy your flaming....

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Trubisky has a GOOD NFL ARM.

Meaning he can make probably every NFL throw.

And then there is Pat Mahomes. Who can make every throw AND the ones nobody should be able to make.

Mahomes is in rare company arm wise. Bert Jones, Marino, Jeff George....those guys made throws that FEW QBs could ever make.

BTW, Mahomes can throw the ball 85 yds.

Yes he has a great arm but he left a bomb ten yards short for a pick Sunday night throwing out of a clean pocket. He also threw it right into double coverage.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You just proved you haven't watched Mahomes play at all.

Trubisky isn't in Mahomes LEAGUE as a quarterback.

Mahomes extends plays that would be DEAD AND BURIED in Trubiskys world.

A ONCE IN A GENERATION arm. Another thing Mitch can only dream of. That fail Mary yesterday? Yeah with Mahomes arm...that ball travels to the endzone ...where it needed to be.

And I didn't want Mahomes, so I can admit I was wrong about him too.

But I sure as hell didn't want Trubisky over Watson. And I haven't wavered on that. I think Watson will always be the bigger playmaker than Trubisky too.

And Mahomes is just on another level than both of them. If you don't see that, you know jack squat about football.

Did you miss Trubisky’s TD run Sunday? How about the sideline throw to Cohen against the Seahawks?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm a little jealous of the success that Mahomes and Watson have had, but we don't have either one of those guys, so get over it........

I think we can win with Trubisky, and I actually think it can get really good.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I literally can't stop laughing at the STUPIDITY i just skimmed over on this page of my thread.

You dipwads seem to miss the point. For a bunch of video game millennials I get it though.

I'm not saying passing isn't a big part of today's NFL. And I'm not saying I'm not ok with more passes than runs in a given game.

BUT it should ALL depend on the game. Running should ALWAYS be part of the game plan going in because you just don't know what sort of success you're going to have until you get out there. If it works, GREAT! Nothing helps a passing game be EVEN DEADLIER, than the Defense worried that you can run the ball too. It means they have to be ready for BOTH you morons. When you abandon the run 5 minutes into the game, the defense isn't worried anymore.

No defense fears our run game right now because Nagy doesn't maintain balance or abandons it altogether.

Look at Todd Gurley. Look at Kareem Hunt you jagaloons. 2 of the DEADLIEST PASSING GAMES in football. But go look at their carries the last 2 seasons. Then shut the hell up and never post again, lol.

Gurley is averaging about 20 carries this season. Hunt around 17 I think. How many carries does Howard average? 12?

And don't ya find it funny that Kareem Hunt LED THE NFL IN RUSHING LAST YEAR AND ALEX SMITH HAD 4000yds with Nagy on the staff but Howard is an afterthought under Nagy? That's because Andy Reid called the plays the first 12 weeks and probably made damn sure Nagy kept feeding Hunt when he handed the keys over.

Now Nagy has no Andy Reid. So Nagy is just Vince Russo at WCW without his Vince McMahon to keep him from going all Arena Ball on the NFL.

To recap:

-Balance is still the BEST offense to have (see Chiefs and Rams you genuises of football)

-Gurley and Hunt get their carries because they have offensive coaches that understand the talent they have at RB.

-Im smarter than everyone who has disagreed with me.

Don't give up!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I literally can't stop laughing at the STUPIDITY i just skimmed over on this page of my thread.

You dipwads seem to miss the point. For a bunch of video game millennials I get it though.

I'm not saying passing isn't a big part of today's NFL. And I'm not saying I'm not ok with more passes than runs in a given game.

BUT it should ALL depend on the game. Running should ALWAYS be part of the game plan going in because you just don't know what sort of success you're going to have until you get out there. If it works, GREAT! Nothing helps a passing game be EVEN DEADLIER, than the Defense worried that you can run the ball too. It means they have to be ready for BOTH you morons. When you abandon the run 5 minutes into the game, the defense isn't worried anymore.

No defense fears our run game right now because Nagy doesn't maintain balance or abandons it altogether.

Look at Todd Gurley. Look at Kareem Hunt you jagaloons. 2 of the DEADLIEST PASSING GAMES in football. But go look at their carries the last 2 seasons. Then shut the hell up and never post again, lol.

Gurley is averaging about 20 carries this season. Hunt around 17 I think. How many carries does Howard average? 12?

And don't ya find it funny that Kareem Hunt LED THE NFL IN RUSHING LAST YEAR AND ALEX SMITH HAD 4000yds with Nagy on the staff but Howard is an afterthought under Nagy? That's because Andy Reid called the plays the first 12 weeks and probably made damn sure Nagy kept feeding Hunt when he handed the keys over.

Now Nagy has no Andy Reid. So Nagy is just Vince Russo at WCW without his Vince McMahon to keep him from going all Arena Ball on the NFL.

To recap:

-Balance is still the BEST offense to have (see Chiefs and Rams you genuises of football)

-Gurley and Hunt get their carries because they have offensive coaches that understand the talent they have at RB.

Don't give up!

Both the RBs you mention are way more talented and dynamic than Howard.

Our run blocking sucks, I am not sure we should just keep running into a wall of defenders.

But I do love your schtick. It is a lot more fun than you average trolling. I haven't paid attention, but I think you have worked millenials into every post.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The Bears currently have a Top 10 offense and lead the league in time of possession. What is the big deal if they are a pass first team? Sometimes the quick passing game is better than a running game anyways.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
1 thing should be clear to Pace now: Nagy is no Sean McVay

Because McVay understands and appreciates the importance of RUNNING THE BALL. And maintaining the ILLUSION of run. He understand and values BALANCE. Nagy does not. He has flat out stated his philosophy is that you don't have to run the ball all that much, you just have to run for a whole bunch of yards when you do. Right after I threw up upon hearing that stupidity Sunday, I said to myself "That is EASILY the dumbest thing I have ever heard in 4 decades of watching football". Then I threw up again.

Great piece on NFL live yesterday about how Gurley and the run games opens up ENDLESS possibilities for the passing game. But shoot, that's football 101. But when you're a passing game guru, a guy like McVay is SALIVATING about throwing it probably EVERY DOWN. But yet he doesnt. He's what 5 years younger than Nagy, and still has better self discipline. The way he uses Gurley, reminds me of how Ditka deployed Neal Anderson. In EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE. Now granted Howard is not the receiver Gurley is, but he needs his carries at least.

I said before Sundays game that if Howard didnt get 20 carries we'd probably lose.

Howard got 12. We lost.

I mean that first and goal and Trubisky nearly throws a pick made we wanna strangle Nagy for the call. Next play Howard falls into the endzone...the play Nagy shouldve called on 1st down.

Until Nagy grasps BALANCE, Pace ain't gonna have the McVay offense he envisioned he was getting.

And until Nagy stops standing at the podium with all that swagger and bravado, bragging about being a yard from almost TYING (not winning), we arent gonna win many games. I'm still in utter SHOCK at that clip. It was HANDS DOWN the most desparate, pathetic attempt in the history of coaching at spinning a loss. Dude is a tool bag until he knocks that kind of shit off.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

To recap:

Don't give up!
You do understand having a running back standing next to your QB can imply run ? Are you telling me the bears who are below avg in terms of passing more than running are not selling because of quantity vs quality ?

Status
Not open for further replies.