SuperDitkaMan's Nagy and Pace Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The QB i'm pining for after the 1st round if we pass on a QB is Nate Peterman.

HANDS DOWN.

He's like Tim Tebow...only with PRO talent.

Cerebral, mobile, strong armed, and accurate.

His poise and football IQ are off the charts.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Maybe weak demeanor isn't the best wording. But he doesn't have a commanding presence. He's not the type of personality who will unite a team or get people to rally behind him. That's an innate QB trait that I think is pivotal for the position. I haven't seen many QBs have success without it. Cutler for whatever reason, rubbed a lot of his teammates the wrong way over the years. And as a QB, you can't have that. You need to be a likeable and confident presence. Beyond the physical skills and mental preparation to perform on the field.

In other words, I'd say he's a bit of a prick. I hope someone signs him and he can have a couple of good seasons. He certainly improved with the media over the course of his stay, but I never really bought that as genuine. Jay is about Jay, for the most part.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
You're a CERTIFIABLE MEATHEAD if you think the trade for Trubisky was bad

31 season- 0 Pro Bowl QBs.

Did the 49ers pull one over? Maybe...but life is full of MAYBES that you regret.

If Mitch ends up being good...we won't regret it and hail Pace a hero.

I despise Ryan Pace.

But at least now I RESPECT him.again a little.

He knew Bears fans wanted a QB. So that's what he went and got.

DID NOT lose ONE 1st or 2nd Rd pick. I can live with this.trade.

You want a HISTORICALLY MORONIC trade. Look no further than what that fat Wilford Brimley wanna be Andy Reid did 8 picks later. A 1st rounder for.Kermit.Mahomos???

I'm sure when.Ryan Pace saw that, he lit up a cigar and had a big laugh for taking the CRAZY title.

I was.down there (it.was like Woodstock) and I said "thanks to every.chiefs.fan i.saw'

Btw....every Bears fan Ive seen at the draft is a Meathead as well. I'd say to them "let's get a QB at #3". EVERY single one said "No QB.worth it at 3".

Ryan Pace and myself disagreed.

Off to day 2 festivities!

Bear Down!

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I disagreewith your dislike for Mahomes, but agree with everything else.

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
31 season- 0 Pro Bowl QBs.

Did the 49ers pull one over? Maybe...but life is full of MAYBES that you regret.

If Mitch ends up being good...we won't regret it and hail Pace a hero.

I despise Ryan Pace.

But at least now I RESPECT him.again a little.

He knew Bears fans wanted a QB. So that's what he went and got.

DID NOT lose ONE 1st or 2nd Rd pick. I can live with this.trade.

You want a HISTORICALLY MORONIC trade. Look no further than what that fat Wilford Brimley wanna be Andy Reid did 8 picks later. A 1st rounder for.Kermit.Mahomos???

I'm sure when.Ryan Pace saw that, he lit up a cigar and had a big laugh for taking the CRAZY title.

I was.down there (it.was like Woodstock) and I said "thanks to every.chiefs.fan i.saw'

Btw....every Bears fan Ive seen at the draft is a Meathead as well. I'd say to them "let's get a QB at #3". EVERY single one said "No QB.worth it at 3".

Ryan Pace and myself disagreed.

Off to day 2 festivities!

Bear Down!
Maybe it's cognitive dissonance but the more I read, the more I like the move (trade) and the pick (bisky or bust).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Adam Jahns just tweeted that the Chiefs and Browns were talking to both the Bears and SF about moving up specifically for Trubisky.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was in the "No QB worth a 3" I also thought Watson would fall to the 2nd. After seeing the moves made for QB's i see i was wrong and i'll get behind the Trubby.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
I have no problem with Pace trading some picks to move and get his guy. As reported, teams were in talks with SF to move up and take Trubisky. This was the guy Pace obviously coveted the entire time. In the end, If he turns out to be a franchise QB this trade will end up be a steal for the Bears.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I read an interesting perspective.

Pace's two (so far) 3rd round picks have been Hroniss Grasu and Jonathan Bullard. Will Sutton was the 3rd round pick before that. Granted, Bullard still could grow into something, but if that's basically what the Bears gave up to get a franchise QB......we'll all be laughing at the critics of this trade in a few years.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't understand how people here value a couple mid round picks over a shot at a potential franchise QB.......

IF those mid round picks became good starters we could aspire to 8-8........

The QB is everything on a team........how do you people not realize that.....

Luke

Liked Posts:
in the long run, the extra picks don't mean squat. He either justifies the selection or he doesn't, two 3rds and a 4th are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It was an awful trade because he would've still been there at #3. And if he wasn't, who cares, take Watson instead. And if Watson wasn't there, who cares. Roll with Mike Glennon for a year and get your Qb next year

Pace acted like he knows for sure this guys a future elite franchise QB

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
It was an awful trade because he would've still been there at #3. And if he wasn't, who cares, take Watson instead. And if Watson wasn't there, who cares. Roll with Mike Glennon for a year and get your Qb next year

It wasn't awful if Pace and Co. didn't like Watson.

Mitch was their guy. So you go get him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

apparently they cared...because they wanted TRubisky more than those other guys.....

"Roll with Glennon"....this should be the motto of all the people who did not want the Bears to trade for Trubisky

msadows

Liked Posts:
You guys are also aware that Pace wanted marriota a few years back, and didn't end up getting him? Now he gets to watch him on a TEN team thats on the uprise.

Maybe he wanted to make sure that he got his guy?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

You deserve more suffering as a bears fan and I hope you don't get it.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

go read post #4 if we dont move up we dont have MT its as simple as that

Status
Not open for further replies.