Donator
Liked Posts:
This would make absolutely no sense.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
This would make absolutely no sense.

Why not?

He sure would've made sense last year over guys who couldn't catch (Bellamy/Thompson) or stay healthy (White 2nd broken leg in as many years/Wilson THIRD broken foot in A YEAR).

My guess? This time next year I'll be throwing Boldin's name out there again after playing good role player football in 2017.

And maybe one of these years you'll be right that it makes no sense.

I just don't think 2017 is one of them.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glennon, Sanchez, Trubisky are all set up to fail with a wide receiver corp that will not be able to get open.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OP's next post will be suggesting we sign Steve Largent.

If you don't open your damn PM's, you three cent knuckle dragger, i'm going to be forced to shellac the side of your outbent crustacious toenails.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
now would be the time to trade for Michael Floyd

Didn't he get drunk on something like one of the last five days of his alcohol monitoring? The man is fucking brilliant!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glennon, Sanchez, Trubisky are all set up to fail with a wide receiver corp that will not be able to get open.

getting open wasn't necessarily the problem last year....it was the inability to catch the ball and the habit of our quarterbacks to throw to the wrong people...

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol...

and you'll be going BONKERS NUTS HAPPY like everybody else around here if we sign him.

Yes, "happy"

1r8k57.jpg

AussieBear

always underappreciated by da media.. decent guy.. juss old.. would still produce on this roster, but he would take reps away from those who really needed it.... hire him as wr coach.. sure... all day..

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/anquan-boldin-happy-wait-until-045245958.html

I would kick the tires on this man if some of the younger WR's and Cruz get off to shaky starts when camp opens.

Yeah's he's long in the tooth, but decent numbers last season for his age.....67 passes for 584 yards and eight touchdowns.

He'll make that tough grab on 3rd down or when the game is on the line and not drop it like the Josh Bellamy's and Deonte Thompson's of the world.

I don't disagree. I'd certainly prefer him out there than Bellamy and Thompson. I think Loggains will get WRs open. He did last year but they simply couldn't catch the fcuking ball.

Having said that I don't think Boldin will play for the Bears because I believe the WR group we're set to have will do a lot better than currently thought and particularly with an upgraded TE group and Howard pounding the ROCK!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
he's going to wait for a spot to open due to injury....he could probably sign now, but not for any money of consequence.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he's going to wait for a spot to open due to injury....he could probably sign now, but not for any money of consequence.

not really, he would prefer to play closer to home, and wants no part of OTA's and whatever training camp time he can miss. He will sign, late, for a decent team with playoff aspirations. He is still an excellent possession receiver and wins most 1 on 1 battles with defenders. He moves the chains on third down and is still a very good redzone/endzone target.

Gresher

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Johnny Morris is still alive.

In 1964, he had his best season with 93 receptions for 1,200 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.