SuperDitkaMan's Nagy and Pace Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That stopped by '08. He wasn't scaring teams anymore on kick returns.

How else would Manning have been named KR?

He was better at that point.

But why does it matter that it stopped by 08? This is based off each players best season at the position.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;rGtxZlQwxNQ]https://youtu.be/rGtxZlQwxNQ[/video]

If you wanna include playoffs in your list that's fine.

I did not.

If I had, then yes Hesters 06 at KR would probably trump Mannings '08 at KR.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So ummm...

Based on your team above why do you think the Bears haven't won another Super Bowl since 1985?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I don't know how to even begin to make sense of your rationale that was...

How would a list of best post SB performances make you reflect on why the Bears have never won another Super Bowl? Wouldn't it be the opposite...logically, you'd want to list the worst post SB performances?

And, again, what is the point of excluding the 1985 season if 9 of those same players comprise the 22 'post SB' starting positions? Was your thinking that those 1985 Bears players magically disappeared after winning the Super Bowl, so 1986 was a 'fresh start' for the franchise?

It is logical because same players can change and sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Look at the Cubs this year. A lot of players playing worse than they did last year. So back to the late 80s Bears... when you DON'T see several of the 85 stars on the list, it brings a point that they might have struggled later in their career after 85.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is logical because same players can change and sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Look at the Cubs this year. A lot of players playing worse than they did last year. So back to the late 80s Bears... when you DON'T see several of the 85 stars on the list, it brings a point that they might have struggled later in their career after 85.

What notable stars are missing?

What the hell are you talking about?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well gee, probably one of the most recognizable names in sports history is missing.

Payton was mentioned in the initial post and he had a great 1986, OP just chose Anderson's 1989 over him...........Was Payton falling off a limiting factor? The Bears were back in the NFC CG in 1988 with Anderson at RB. They replaced one AllPro/PB'er with another.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Payton was mentioned in the initial post and he had a great 1986, OP just chose Anderson's 1989 over him...........Was Payton falling off a limiting factor? The Bears were back in the NFC CG in 1988 with Anderson at RB. They replaced one AllPro/PB'er with another.

Perhaps. If Payton would have had a better year in 1986, they might not have been upset by the Redskins.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Perhaps. If Payton would have had a better year in 1986, they might not have been upset by the Redskins.

What would Payton's season of 1986 have to do with an individual playoff game?

Was the 1986 playoff game an upset? Why?

Payton's last two games of the 1985 playoffs were bad performances.

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
maybe Kevin Butler's lone good NFL year getting him the kicker duties (or, in Number 51's mind, the starting position).

Not sure what this means, I guess it's a reference to this:

If the OP were just counting O and D starters it would not be 'almost 50%' it would be 41%. The OP listed ST as well, taking the percentage to 34.6%.

It goes from 'nearly half' to 'just over a third'.

Sorry to interrupt, continue trolling.

FT tried to use math and failed, I helped him out, a thank you would be nice.

I pointed out the fact that the OP listed O and D starters and ST players. Do you think there are backup kickers? Weird.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Not sure what this means, I guess it's a reference to this:

FT tried to use math and failed, I helped him out, a thank you would be nice.

I pointed out the fact that the OP listed O and D starters and ST players. Do you think there are backup kickers? Weird.

FT is an english major without a hope at finding a real job. Give him some slack here.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Lord. I really don't understand the culture here at times.

Rory/FT dig into post and ask pretty black and white questions. People either skirt the questions or answer with something irrelevant.

When the question is repeated bc it wasn't really answered, they are told to be trolls. Not really trolling IMO. May be a bit unnecessary or and annoying sometimes, but when you can't just ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG these fucking pages go on for days and nothing of substance is really there other than another argument.

Answer the question, say you're wrong, or move on.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he had a better season maybe the Redskins focus more of their scheming towards stopping him.[/b[ Maybe it opens up other areas for the Bears to attack.

The above bolded makes no sense given actual reality of what occurred, general football strategy, and overall logic.

Serious question:

Over the last few weeks you've gone back to "obtuse/non-sensible" poster schtick. I'm trying to figure out why. I want to assume you're a decently intelligent individual based on brief glimpses when you've dropped the act and just posted and had discussions. Why have you gone back to the weak "clueless poster" troll job stuff? Why not just post like a normal human being and have actual discussions?

Status
Not open for further replies.