My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
As much as people want to blame Dale.

Theo Box Office and his minions made this team blow chunks, not Dale.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Carrie Muskat of Cubs.com, manager Dale Sveum and his coaching staff will know if they will return next season on Monday. The day after the 2013 has come to an end. As of right now, it's a 50/50 shot on whether Sveum will be back or handed the pink slip.

Theo Epstein would not commit to Sveum for next season and that's what open up questions. The Cubs are not happy with Sveum's player developmental skills and will be the number one reason he is let go. He still has one more year left on his contract.

Here is what Sveum said on Wednesday when referring to his future: "I'm not going to sit here and lie and say you're not wondering what's going to happen four, five days from now. That's just human nature. There's nothing you can do about it, or control those decisions. You just keep plugging away."
Epstein did say Sveum will not be based on wins and losses. Which makes sense since Epstein/Hoyer put the players on the field on whom aren't great players. Like I said above, his future will be determined on his player developmental skills in the past and if they want him to be around the young players in the next year or two.

Along with Sveum, James Rowson (hitting coach), Rob Deer (assistant hitting coach), Jamie Quirk (bench coach), Chris Bosio (pitching coach), Dave McKay (3rd base coach), David Bell (1st base coach) and Lester Strode (bullpen coach) will also find their faith on Monday as well.

According to Tom Loxas, James Rowson is likely not to be retained and the Cubs will be in a market for a hitting coach. All other coaches are still to be determine.

If the Cubs do fire Sveum and keep the other coaches, there's still a chance they could be let go later in the off-season. As the new manager may want to bring his own guys aboard and the other coaches will then be let go.

All the questions surrounding Svuem and if he'll be back next year will come to an end on Monday.

I decided to write a quick article on this: http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/0...aching-staff-will-know-their-faith-on-monday/

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, to an extent. But the Cubs wouldn't have lost 90+ games if Dale knew how to coach, plus mess with the "core" players.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it'll be more like a Lovie Smith firing. Everyone thought he was gunna stay, then BANG!

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

No, the previous owners/front office did that as they lost roughly the same amount of games as this year. Theo and company just haven't made them any better yet.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never did like the hire. So I hope the Cubs do the right thing Monday.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think it'll be more like a Lovie Smith firing. Everyone thought he was gunna stay, then BANG!
Lovie Smith coached a team to a 10-6 record, and was one game away from the playoffs.

Dale Sveum coaches his team to a 93 losses (so far) and his team was out of the playoffs in August - maybe earlier. I'd say that this was nothing like the Lovie Smith firing.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Lovie Smith coached a team to a 10-6 record, and was one game away from the playoffs.

Dale Sveum coaches his team to a 93 losses (so far) and his team was out of the playoffs in August - maybe earlier. I'd say that this was nothing like the Lovie Smith firing.

Yeah I know, but a lot of time you know if a manager/coach will stay or go. I was positive Smith would stay, then he was handed the pink slip. No one exactly knows if Sveum will go. Most said earlier (about a month ago, including me) Sveum will be back. Now we have all changed our mind.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

I don't think anybody is blaming him for the team's record, and the team's record is not why he is getting fired.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd keep Bosio. What he's done with the pitchers he has been given are all signs of a great pitching coach to me.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd keep Bosio. What he's done with the pitchers he has been given are all signs of a great pitching coach to me.

Yeah, that would be fine. But many believe if Girardi comes here, he'll bring Larry Rotchcild (sp) back.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The problem is I'm not sure Joe is thinking he wants to go from 90-72 to 72-90

joe girardi decision is not going to based on yankees and cubs previous records..
his decision if he decides to come here will be based on coming back home and thinking he can be the guy to get this team to the world series and be a legacy here if he does..

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dale shouldnt be let go cause of record. THe team he has is AWFULL. Full of players that were DFA by other teams. He should be fired cause of what has happen to the young players. Castro went from a 2 time All Star SS to a .240 hitter. No body ever thought Rizzo would be a .220 hitter. Barney went from being ok 2B for a contender to being a player that shouldnt be in MLB anymore even with that glove. Shark been getting worse instead of better. Cubs CAN NOT allow Dale to manage the young core coming up in Baez, Soler, Alamora, Bryant etc. To much prove of young players regressing under his watch. So its time for Dale to be FIRED

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We will start competing next year and if Dale is gone that would be the plan. If he stays expect another real tough year :(. He was just a rental. He lacks so many things imo.
I am optimistic he will be gone and we can start competing. We really aren't far off. Replace barney and valbuena with good young players such as baez and bryant all of a sudden you got a good squad. Rizzo will bounce back and so will Castro imho. Rizz, Castro, baez, bryant, castillo, lake, and whoever else is a very solid hitting team. Also, our pitching looks bright. We got some real nice young arms such as Grimm, Edwards, Pineiro, Vizcaino. Then a guy like Russel and Kyuji are nice.

Cubs2008

Liked Posts:
I don't want Rothschild back and I don't understand why he's so highly regarded. I think he's terrible. I'd love to see Girardi come in and bring in Maddux. Either Maddux.

Status
Not open for further replies.