Sweet Spot Blog: Who's better: White Sox versus Cubs

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Hard to say as both teams are pretty much equal on the youth trail.

Equal ? I understand we won't know with the specs until they actually play and have a full season or two under their belt but just curious of who are the ones in the sox system that would have equal potentials as all the ones in the cubs system..

Looking at top 100, sox have 3 players at 12 , 67 and 94
after those 3 who do they have in system that can potentially make a leap forward ?

The cubs have 7 players in top 100 and 5 of them in top 50 and 3 in top 20 ....
They have a few potential that can leap forward next season starting with Schwarber and Mckinney ..

So, really not sure how you can say their equal with young potential players going forward right now..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This is why.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/236223/major-league-baseball-clubs-by-average-age-of-players/

The White Sox are young already. We don't have the plethora of specs that the Cubs do, but we have many young guys already on the MLB roster. The two Chicago teams are a couple of the younger teams. No reason that won't continue.

cant really go by AVG. age of a team...

I agree that both teams are right now young in age with current major league players on roster under 30.. BUT

if were legitimately talking on who has a better potential of having a better solid roster 2-3 yrs down the road with players that are currently on roster and in system now, you have to look at the players that are under 28 on current roster and determine which of those guys will be for sure or potentially good everyday players a long with what in their system now that could be potential everyday players in 2-3 yrs...

you have to agree looking at ages and potentials, the cubs have potentially the better odds right now at being able to have a solid roster in 2-3 yrs with what currently on roster and in the system...

I guess you can also add, having more available good and better talent in system that could possibly bring in a better every day player for the major league roster in 2-3 yrs

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
cant really go by AVG. age of a team...

I agree that both teams are right now young in age with current major league players on roster under 30.. BUT

if were legitimately talking on who has a better potential of having a better solid roster 2-3 yrs down the road with players that are currently on roster and in system now, you have to look at the players that are under 28 on current roster and determine which of those guys will be for sure or potentially good everyday players a long with what in their system now that could be potential everyday players in 2-3 yrs...

you have to agree looking at ages and potentials, the cubs have potentially the better odds right now at being able to have a solid roster in 2-3 yrs with what currently on roster and in the system...

You have to look at pitching. Sale , Quintana, Rodon, possible FA Signing in 2015 offseason or sooner, young guy at 2b and SS to replace vets, Young CF, Young RF. Several highly touted minor league SPs. I think saying "it's hard to say" is the correct unbiased view.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You have to look at pitching. Sale , Quintana, Rodon, possible FA Signing in 2015 offseason or sooner, young guy at 2b and SS to replace vets, Young CF, Young RF. Several highly touted minor league SPs. I think saying "it's hard to say" is the correct unbiased view.

I cant argue that the sox have the pitching on their side right now going forward with those 3, that's for sure and big for the future...

I just feel the cubs have a little more to offer going forward with the hitting/everyday players..

I guess now thinking about it, looking at it that way you can say somewhat equal if you split it between hitters potential and pitching potentials...

see.. who says a sox fan and cubs fan cant have a civil discussion on a topic and come to a civil conclusion..lol

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I cant argue that the sox have the pitching on their side right now going forward with those 3, that's for sure and big for the future...

I just feel the cubs have a little more to offer going forward with the hitting/everyday players..

I guess now thinking about it, looking at it that way you can say somewhat equal if you split it between hitters potential and pitching potentials...

see.. who says a sox fan and cubs fan cant have a civil discussion on a topic and come to a civil conclusion..lol

I like civil. Let's face it, this place is already going crazy and ST hasn't even started yet.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just like the record prediction thread, I need to see the 25-man on Opening Day before I can answer this. I will say this -- it's going to be a fun season for both sides of the city.