Talks Moving Fast For Fielder

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did a small post on it here. Should be interesting to see if the White Sox can pull this off considering that the Brewers want a high pitching prospect and they White Sox don't have one.

Maybe they can get a third team involved.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Hudson is a high pitching prospect/power pitcher, they need to realize that soon if we wanna get this done.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now Buster Olney says it probably can't get done without Gordon Beckham.

Probably too high a price.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like that more is Beckham. That is a high price. Beckham and Hudson for Prince. Idk...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this whole dunn,fielder situation is getting odd. what is probably going to happen is we will make a deal for someone that no one has discussed....thats how kw works. who knows what is going to happen. all i know is im not giving up the farm for a scott boras client.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this whole dunn,fielder situation is getting odd. what is probably going to happen is we will make a deal for someone that no one has discussed....thats how kw works. who knows what is going to happen. all i know is im not giving up the farm for a scott boras client.

Yeah there is probably another guy that will end up here.

Fielder is going to cost a TON when he's a free agent. Dunn would cost pennies in comparison. I think Fielder wants $170 million.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
You know, if we do trade Hudson, Beckham, plus a bit more for Fielder and we plug someone like Torres into the 5 hole and he does at least decent/average, and Fielder destroys in our lineup, this team is going to the playoffs for sure. Fielder could be that piece we need to get to that next level. Then I can see us making a small move for a 2B to replace Beckham.

BrendanB

Painting NH's Sox White
Liked Posts:

Welcome to the White Sox Jayson Werth!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know, if we do trade Hudson, Beckham, plus a bit more for Fielder and we plug someone like Torres into the 5 hole and he does at least decent/average, and Fielder destroys in our lineup, this team is going to the playoffs for sure. Fielder could be that piece we need to get to that next level. Then I can see us making a small move for a 2B to replace Beckham.

as much as i like torres, i would still want a jake westbrook type pitcher in case freddys arm falls off....( i worry about him )

as far as beckhams replacement, well we are probably stuck with lillibridge or omar when teahan comes back

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How much do you trust Brent Lillibridge? I would guess he replaces Beckham at second.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How much do you trust Brent Lillibridge? I would guess he replaces Beckham at second.

he isnt the best but it will have to do, and if it means prince you might have to do it.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it boils down to this. Would you rather have Hudson and Beckham for a number of years or Fielder for 1.5 years and the two draft picks you get when he becomes a free agent.

I actually might want Fielder and the picks.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
I guess it boils down to this. Would you rather have Hudson and Beckham for a number of years or Fielder for 1.5 years and the two draft picks you get when he becomes a free agent.

I actually might want Fielder and the picks.

^^

When Fielder leaves, we get two picks.

And who knows, maybe we do retain him.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
Really dont want to give up too much for 1.5 years of him...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he would be a major impact bat in this lineup. just imagine pulling kotsay out of the lineup everyday and inserting prince. thats huge

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Sox could get a trade done for Fielder but it will cost them. Look what he did with Peavy last year, no one saw it coming and I could see another trade like that but will KW offer Beckham or Dayan Viciedo. I don't know and that is a lot. Plus they will have to add a pitcher like Hudson in it. Maybe Dayan and Hudson will get it done. That trade is actually not to bad for the Sox.