Tank for Tua

Monster

Liked Posts:
When are the raiders hiring a smart head coach? Unfortunately for them Gruden still has like 7 or 8 years left

Smart enough to be taking his team to playoffs while eating the gift basket received from Bear fans.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes, I did. Thanks!

You're welcome

I like his touch on the ball. And the way he steps into his passes. He's good at extending plays too. He's a winner at 9-1
I hear he'll be there in the 3rd-4th round.....but his stock is rising

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You're welcome

I like his touch on the ball. And the way he steps into his passes. He's good at extending plays too. He's a winner at 9-1
I hear he'll be there in the 3rd-4th round.....but his stock is rising

I'd take him in rd 2 if need be.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Hips are not a minor issue.

Dennis Pitta, was emerging as HOF type TE when he had his first hip injury, the Raven kept him on like we did with Miller, but he was recovered enough to return and he ended up injuring his hip TWICE more before his career was over.

A QB gets a lot of power from his hips and after seeing what Pitta went through, I would say unless he falls to our second round pick (no trade up), I would not take the risk.

Hips are very serious, Bo Jackson and Dennis Pitta are the two that I know of that could not come back from them, and I bet there are a lot more that are not so famous.....

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I would aggressively trade up for Tua (package both 2nds and a future 2nd) if he ends up slipping in the draft.

Major bust risk due to the injury but that's coupled with huge upside. There's no risk-free way for the Bears to turn this ship around. They're going to need to take some chances.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If Tua played for Utah...the Utes would have more than 1 loss...

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Pass on Tua and I would have said that prior to his injuries. I don't get the love with him. He feasts on the shit schedule that Alabama has year in and year out. He has played 6 ranked teams in his career and in 4 of those games had QBR of 65, 7 INT's (11 Career INT's) and at least 1 lost fumble (8 total turnovers+).

What that tells me is that when he plays "Tough" competition he turns the ball over and is no where near as accurate. His stats are so over inflated because of the #'s he gets to put up against the Citadel, Kentucky, South Carolina, Missouri, etc. He also has the advantage of playing with the best talent year in and out. He won't be afforded that luxury in the NFL, especially if drafted early...

By no means do I think we should pass on drafting a QB at all, but this team is closer to winning than many may think. Mitch has shown that with a SMART game plan and play calling, he can be serviceable. A rookie, more than likely, isn't going to step in right away (Patrick Mahomes isn't walking through that door) and start winning games left and right. Looking at more like 2-3 years down the road and by that time, who knows what our defensive will be, of if injuries haven't taken their toll already.

Linemen and speed in the secondary have shown time after time to be able to come in and player earlier than most QB's, especially since we won't even be able to take one until the 2nd (I wouldn't even take one in the second as I would go O-line and either an outside LB to replace Floyd or CB to replace Prince).