TANKATHON SUPER BOWL! (BEARS PICK 1)

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is too bad the Broncos still play the Chiefs twice. Pretty good chance the Bears will be trading down no matter where they end so they can recoup the 2nd rd pick they lost in the Claypool trade. I do not see Poles wanting to wait until the late 50s to make his second pick. That Broncos win screwed the Bears in both rounds today.
Of all the years to tank this is probably one of the worst

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It is too bad the Broncos still play the Chiefs twice. Pretty good chance the Bears will be trading down no matter where they end so they can recoup the 2nd rd pick they lost in the Claypool trade. I do not see Poles wanting to wait until the late 50s to make his second pick. That Broncos win screwed the Bears in both rounds today.
I think the Broncos will beat the Rams even though it is in LA. That team basically gave up. I also think the Broncos might win at home vs the Cardinals.

The Rams best chance at a win other than the Broncos game is next week vs the Raiders. But they have been playing better so I doubt they win that either.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Rams play the Broncos. Whoever wins will have 4 wins. If they tie, that is even better because 3-13-1 is better than 3-14.

If the Bears lose out, they will have at least the 3 pick. It can not be 4 or lower mathematically. If the loser of the Broncos vs Rams game wins one other game, the Bears will pick 2nd.

The Broncos IMO are better than their record because they have a legitimate defense. Their offense is just so bad that it negates it.
The Broncos have two chances to win. They play the Cardinals and the Rams. Would love to see them beat the Cardinals then lose to LAR.

The Rams don't appear to have another winnable game other than Arizona. The last minute losses by both today really hurt.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
The Broncos have two chances to win. They play the Cardinals and the Rams. Would love to see them beat the Cardinals then lose to LAR.

The Rams don't appear to have another winnable game other than Arizona. The last minute losses by both today really hurt.
I've got to think at some point the Rams having no reason to tank will allow them to eek out another win or two.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Their last game is at the Seahawks. It's likely that they need that game to make the playoffs. But if by the chance that they have nothing to play for either way, that could be a potential win.

Week 18 is the game I think the Bears are most likely to win vs the Vikings. They are probably going to be locked into the 2 seed and play mostly reserves.

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
Their last game is at the Seahawks. It's likely that they need that game to make the playoffs. But if by the chance that they have nothing to play for either way, that could be a potential win.

Week 18 is the game I think the Bears are most likely to win vs the Vikings. They are probably going to be locked into the 2 seed and play mostly reserves.
Winning that game would be an absolute disaster. Hopefully they need a win for some type of home field. Regardless, bears should play reserves.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Getsy needs to be fired. I've seen enough. Awful play calling which cost the Bear's at least 5 games this year. All this talking about tanking, the easiest way to tank a game is not to call plays that use the talent of your quarterback and that is Getsy for sure.

Cut the kicker. Even if the Bears would have gone down the field by some intelligent play calling, Santos would have muffed the kick. Special teams for the last five games have also cost them big time including this game.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Getsy needs to be fired. I've seen enough. Awful play calling which cost the Bear's at least 5 games this year. All this talking about tanking, the easiest way to tank a game is not to call plays that use the talent of your quarterback and that is Getsy for sure.

Cut the kicker. Even if the Bears would have gone down the field by some intelligent play calling, Santos would have muffed the kick. Special teams for the last five games have also cost them big time including this game.
Getsy is not being fired lol

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Be nice if the Colts could find a way to win this

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Eagles play at the Cowboys in a couple weeks. The way the Cowboys are playing the Eagles could lose that game and have the same record as the Vikings. As long as those two teams are tied going into the last week they have to try to win for a shot at the top seed and a bye.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

I’m going to update this every week just because I know some people enjoy following this stuff.

If the theory is that the Bears are tanking for draft picks...Why would they trade away a second-round pick for Chase Claypool?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

You are truly an idiot.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
If the theory is that the Bears are tanking for draft picks...Why would they trade away a second-round pick for Chase Claypool?
Full rebuild or Tank, trading away three Defensive players , playing all rookies on Special Teams and vs A tough Schedule Poles will be Happy with #3 pick in each round, The top WR in this draft don’t look as talented as years past IMO

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Getsy is not being fired lol
In your opinion, has he called good games? I don't. I like Eberflus's "accountability" metric for his players. Good stuff. But that also has to hold the coaches accountable also does it not? The Bear's have been "IN" a lot of games this season that they lost have they not? HOw has the play calling been in the 4th quarter of those games? Be honest.