TANKATHON SUPER BOWL! (BEARS PICK 1)

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Guarantee the bears take some useless position like safety and then say that if fields is any good he can perform without any receivers signed
So do the same thing they did this year. Sounds about right, Bears strategery

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears gave NYG a first and 4th(I think) to move up from 12 to 10 for Fields
20th to 11

I thought it was a
1st & 4th
1st & 5th

Too lazy to double check it

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
I just want them Drafting where their talent is.

Bears should be top Three ( least talent)

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
God damn, how are they losing every tiebreaker? Sucks that 2-4 is only good for 10th place right now. There are a ton of bad teams this year.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And the Giants being a 5-1 team lol
Giants are winning the close games. Not much difference between them and the Bears except they have gotten some breaks and turnovers and the Bear's haven't been getting many breaks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bears gonna draft the polish tackle from Northwestern.

Book it

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Speaking of draft picks

I wasn’t aware the Chiefs received a conditional 3rd Rd pick from the bears when they hired Poles. In the Kadarius Toney trade it was referenced as one of the picks traded away for Toney. I wasn’t aware the Bears did this to hire Poles. Anyone have more information on this or recall it being discussed at the time?

Edit: compensatory pick awarded to teams by the NFL, who develop minority candidates and are hired by other teams.
“Conditional pick” in original link made it sound like the bears were losing a pick, which is not the case.
Updated Chiefs 2022 NFL draft picks after Bears' hiring of Ryan Poles

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Lotta DL and OT in the top 10....lol.

View attachment 23290
The thing is, more than 3 QBs will likely go in the top 10. Hendon Hooker is sky rocketing and Michael Penix are two that can really enter the top 10.

Also, we really don’t need to draft a LT. We can take a RT and C later. So, we should be able to choose between a B-gapper or a WR, BPA. There’s also the possibility of a trade back should Hooker or Penix be there at 10 and a team wants to trade up — a la what we did for Fields, and we would still get a top WR since we don’t need the other premium positions of CB, LT, or QB.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Outside of the QB position, this class lacks top tier blue chip offensive game changers. Anderson, Murphy and Carter are those kinda prospects on the defensive side. I don't see a realistic scenario where JSN goes in the top 10. He doesn't possess those elite traits teams cover drafting that high. Johnston from TCU is the only wr from this class that has the chance of going top 10, imo.

Edit: meant to quote this

With the effort the coaches are putting in...you know they'll win a game or two towards the end of the season and move themselves outta position to draft a game changing player
The more I’m catching the vibe around JSN, the more I think he actually “plummets” to late first early second. I bet he doesn’t score as well as some dudes and get a flashy RAS. There’s going to always be a dude or two that just blows away the RAS that a team overdrafts. Then some teams just fall in love with a player (I’m looking at Washington with Dotson), and they grab them higher than anyone thought possible.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets the same treatment that the kid from Purdue got last draft where they paralleled Bell’s production up against his RAS, and he dropped at least a round past where people thought he might go during the college season. So, we may be able to draft a B-gapper AND get JSN should we trade back and have an extra later round first.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Looks like for the time being, we're picking ahead of the Bucs! Who'da thunk that would be the ase nearly half way through the season?

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like for the time being, we're picking ahead of the Bucs! Who'da thunk that would be the ase nearly half way through the season?
The Bucs probably need to draft a QB, I'm speculating.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If Jones keeps improving we won't be drafting a tackle early unless everyone that is a game changer on both sides of the ball is off the board.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looks like they’ll finish the week in the 12th slot. Still a ton of shitty teams out there.