Tarik Cohen injury update, return unlikely

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He'll probably never wear a Bears uniform again.

tft2889wh8s71.jpg

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The recovery rate on ACL's is like ninety percent these days or something. I forget the exact number, but its gets cited sometimes when players suffer tearing theirs.

Looks like Tarik Cohen is in the ten (or whatever) percent that don't really make it back.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The recovery rate on ACL's is like ninety percent these days or something. I forget the exact number, but its gets cited sometimes when players suffer tearing theirs.

Looks like Tarik Cohen is in the ten (or whatever) percent that don't really make it back.

Supposedly he had a 2nd surgery right before training camp started.

So yea, that was a signal he probably wouldn't be ready anytime soon.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Supposedly he had a 2nd surgery right before training camp started.

So yea, that was a signal he probably wouldn't be ready anytime soon.
I still don't think it was a bad deal. He was a legit big play threat and great punt returner, really a dynamic talent. This is just the risk you gotta accept with these guys.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I still don't think it was a bad deal. He was a legit big play threat and great punt returner, really a dynamic talent. This is just the risk you gotta accept with these guys.

It wasn't a bad deal, it's just some people don't like to pay RB's period, especially ones who aren't special. I personally could have done without him but his cap hit won't make or break us.

I think tarik is crucial to what nagy wants to run, which is why they extended him. Any player can get hurt, can't predict those on guys who don't have injury histories.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It wasn't a bad deal, it's just some people don't like to pay RB's period, especially ones who aren't special. I personally could have done without him but his cap hit won't make or break us.

I think tarik is crucial to what nagy wants to run, which is why they extended him. Any player can get hurt, can't predict those on guys who don't have injury histories.
Cohen was special in his own way. He wasn't exactly a runningback, more like store brand Christian McCaffery.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cohen had one strength, it was a terrible decision to give him that contract

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We should release him in the offseason and not risk paying a damaged player anymore money.

Sucks, but 2 years to come back from an ACl… he is likely done.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reminds me of RG3. Was suppose to come back the next season, watched a shot of him at preseason Camp walking up stairs... he was limping noticeably. I thought then, his career is done. And true enough.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We should release him in the offseason and not risk paying a damaged player anymore money.

Sucks, but 2 years to come back from an ACl… he is likely done.

should prob just cut the whole team, right? from what I hear, they are all likely done

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cohen was special in his own way. He wasn't exactly a runningback, more like store brand Christian McCaffery.
McCaffery doesn't shy contact to excess and almost always picks the most productive lanes.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It usually takes 2 years to FULLY recover from ACL injuries.
Yeah but he had a second surgery. By the normal timeline he should be playing this year and 100% next year. He may not get his speed back for a long long time. I’m not planning on seeing him in a Bears uni this year.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The fat part of his contract starts in 2022. He would be the #13 highest paid RB in 2022 and #9 in 2023 with $9.5M of un-guaranteed money yet to be paid. In other words he is done as a Bear.

For perspective he was #22 and #19 the last and this season, had he been healthy and 2018 productive in APY those years would not have been outrageously overpaid.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Not at all worried. Nagy said Cohen's arrow is pointed up and his progress is exactly as they predicted.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Stick a fork in him, he's done for sure. He might get a deal somewhere, but his prime is over. I liked Cohen his rookie year, I'll always remember him against the Falcons, Pittsburgh, and he was great against the Giants with Chase Daniel at the helm.