TDGT 12/28 Blackhawks (27-7-6) @ Blues (24-7-5) 7:00PM CSN

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="217978" data-time="1388432844">
<div>

No such thing as a shoot out in the playoffs.  It's a long season.  Games like this will happen.  Unfortunate it was the Blues but look at their Home record.  They don't just lie down and our guys CLEARLY started losing their legs in the 3rd. </p>

</p>

With the shortened bench, 4 players on our side getting 12 minutes or less, it was expected.  So in that case, with the shortened bench the back to back most definitely played a factor.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

well against the blues, we've lost two leads in three games, and gave up a late goal in the third game for a loss, which in the playoff's would translate to one loss and two OT games, instead of two wins and one OT game (which they could/shoulda been).  Regardless, 7 or 9 extra points right now would give us a lot of breathing room, instead of making games late in the season versus the Blues (glad the last two are at home), and other teams, less stressful and meaningful.  Myself, I'd rather have a big lead and rest players at the end of the season, and not have to play must-win games, to secure home ice advantage for as many series as possible.  We still have the best team in the league, but I'd just like to see us do better agains the Blues than we have so far.  In the Playoffs, rather face the Blues, or any team with home ice advantage, than not.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
St Louis is the only team in the whole of the NHL that I think can really give the Hawks a run for their money playoff-wise. They certainly have the Hawks number right now...</p>

</p>

There are certainly other solid teams in the west, but it is the Blues that concern. Perhaps it is only because I watch the blues more than say Ducks or SJ. </p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="217977" data-time="1388432695">
<div>

Ding Ding....  It was not that bad.  Anyone that says it's unacceptable is a dumb ass.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Or is not blind.  </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="217981" data-time="1388434739">
<div>

St Louis is the only team in the whole of the NHL that I think can really give the Hawks a run for their money playoff-wise. They certainly have the Hawks number right now...</p>

</p>

There are certainly other solid teams in the west, but it is the Blues that concern. Perhaps it is only because I watch the blues more than say Ducks or SJ. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

But yet they can't beat the West.  Or even really compete.  I don't think I'll worry until say April.  Long way to go yet.  </p>

</p>

All of those games have been close, and two of them were near the beginning of the season.  The other night had a lot of tangibles, plus I'm not quite sure but that might have been Raanta's worse game so far.  Especially on the last two goals.</p>

</p>

the shoot out, I don't put anything into that, it's a joke win or lose.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="217984" data-time="1388435059">
<div>

Or is not blind.  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Blind?  Yea, I'll go to specifics instead of making a generally stupid comment.  But carry on, you are famous for that.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="217979" data-time="1388434139">
<div>

well against the blues, we've lost two leads in three games, and gave up a late goal in the third game for a loss, which in the playoff's would translate to one loss and two OT games, instead of two wins and one OT game (which they could/shoulda been).  Regardless, 7 or 9 extra points right now would give us a lot of breathing room, instead of making games late in the season versus the Blues (glad the last two are at home), and other teams, less stressful and meaningful.  Myself, I'd rather have a big lead and rest players at the end of the season, and not have to play must-win games, to secure home ice advantage for as many series as possible.  We still have the best team in the league, but I'd just like to see us do better agains the Blues than we have so far.  In the Playoffs, rather face the Blues, or any team with home ice advantage, than not.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I just think the lack of our extra forwards on the ice cost the team in the end.  You can't have those guys with that type of TOI and expect the other forwards to double and triple shift.  Especially on back to back nights.  Good on them or not it shortens the bench so much it makes a clear difference.</p>

</p>

So instead of making a generally stupid statement I chose to look at why the outcome happened the way it did.  Sitting through seasons of 30-40 wins, NOTHING this team really does is unacceptable.   </p>

R K

I also don't get the Labarber not playing and relying on Raanta back to back either.  It was clearly Raanta's poorest game in my opinion.  His positioning, especially on the last two goals, was not very good.</p>

</p>

When Crawford comes back I hope he goes to Rockford to continue playing and learning the positioning for the NHL game.  He's clearly learning on the job right now, which is good, but it's at the highest level right off the bat.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="217989" data-time="1388435490">
<div>

I also don't get the Labarber not playing and relying on Raanta back to back either.  It was clearly Raanta's poorest game in my opinion.  His positioning, especially on the last two goals, was not very good.</p>

</p>

When Crawford comes back I hope he goes to Rockford to continue playing and learning the positioning for the NHL game.  He's clearly learning on the job right now, which is good, but it's at the highest level right off the bat.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Agreed and Agreed.</p>

</p>

His first few games, his play looked like a rook. A good one, but rook, as anyone would expect. He needs games. I also love the kid's attitude. He is the real deal. Soooo... take your ass back to Rockford... :)</p>

R K

Also remember most of the teams have never seen him, so as they get used to him, and the book gets written, his learning curve will drastically change.  They will note those times he's out of position, or over playing the puck, or back to deep in his net.  Those are the types of things he'll need to learn fast.   And if he's doing it here, he'll pay with the puck behind him.</p>

</p>

I'm sorry if I don't expect perfection out of ANY team. In an 82 game season, games like the other night are going to happen.  Unfortunately it's happened twice now against St. Louis.  Doesn't mean that happens in April when the games really count. </p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="217992" data-time="1388435905">
<div>

Agreed and Agreed.</p>

</p>

His first few games, his play looked like a rook. A good one, but rook, as anyone would expect. He needs games. I also love the kid's attitude. He is the real deal. Soooo... take your ass back to Rockford... :icon-smile:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

The only way Raanta goes back to Rockford is if Khabby is allowed to come back.</p>

</p>

Or if the Blackhawks make a trade, which is possible.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="218000" data-time="1388437149">
<div>

The only way Raanta goes back to Rockford is if Khabby is allowed to come back.</p>

</p>

Or if the Blackhawks make a trade, which is possible.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Want to bet some money on that?  NO way are they going to sit him on the bench to back up Crawford.  They want him playing.  Which is exactly why the beat reporters asked him about going back to Rockford today.</p>

</p>

Labarber was brought in to back up Crawford when he returns exactly so Raanta got his ice time.  He doesn't learn by sitting on the bench.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="218001" data-time="1388437339">
<div>

Want to bet some money on that?  NO way are they going to sit him on the bench to back up Crawford.  They want him playing.  Which is exactly why the beat reporters asked him about going back to Rockford today.</p>

</p>

Labarber was brought in to back up Crawford when he returns exactly so Raanta got his ice time.  He doesn't learn by sitting on the bench.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yeah, I have to say I agree with this. </p>

</p>

Raanta has proven thus far to be the real deal but he would lose so much just sitting behind Crow. Games games games and more games. You could put just about any journeyman/vet goalie in with this defence and they would do fine. </p>

</p>

Raanta has seen the NHL, done well thus far, now he can go back down and log minutes. </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="217981" data-time="1388434739">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'd be perfectly happy with the Hawks drawing any of them for a best-of-7 in the spring.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218008" data-time="1388438105">
<div>

I'd be perfectly happy with the Hawks drawing any of them for a best-of-7 in the spring.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Ooo... All but Blues for me. They are really built for long-term playoff hockey. Or I should say very "traditional" playoff hockey.</p>

</p>

Well, without Wings around, you may be exactly right...</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="218010" data-time="1388438243">
<div>

Ooo... All but Blues for me. They are really built for long-term playoff hockey. Or I should say very "traditional" playoff hockey.</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'll be more inclined to believe they're built for long term hockey once they make it into the second round.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218011" data-time="1388438386">
<div>

I'll be more inclined to believe they're built for long term hockey once they make it into the second round.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I will refine:</p>

</p>

On paper, t<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">hey are really built for long-term playoff hockey</span></p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="218010" data-time="1388438243">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

RK's right about the Blues and the Western division, look at the Blues last year in the first round against the Kings (up 2-0 and then lost, I think 4 straight),  but this year the first two rounds go through the Central division and the Blues are 12-0-1 in the division, so they should make it to the Central division finals, and though I think the Hawks can take'em, I'd rather have the home ice advantage, than not, for that series.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="217989" data-time="1388435490">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

This.  Though the last goal deflected in off of Keith's skate or stick, no?</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="218012" data-time="1388438447">
<div>

I will refine:</p>

</p>

On paper, t<span style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">hey are really built for long-term playoff hockey</span></p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Like the Titanic, the design is great right up until they hit the ice.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218022" data-time="1388439682">
<div>

Like the Titanic, the design is great right up until they hit the ice.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

CHECK YOU OUT!!!</p>

</p>

ZING!!</p>