Team Albatross

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Well the team albatross that has been blamed for preventing the team from winning is now third on the team in BA out of the regular players, leading the team in both HR's and SB's and second in RBI's and Runs.

Well the franchise SS and 1B that are the building blocks of this soon to be championship team are hitting .233 and .239.

I think the team could use a few more albatrosses.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Are you really advocating that they need a few more $18 million dollar 35+ old players?

achap39

Liked Posts:
...and yet, Sori's WAR is below that of Schierholtz, Rizzo, Valbuena, and Castillo. His dWAR is the worst of any Cub OF outside of Schierholtz. He has also been CAUGHT stealing more than any other Cub. He is 5th on the team in OPS, 6th in OBP, and leads the team in K's.

But by all means...let's laud Hendry's mistake.

achap39

Liked Posts:
If they are outperforming the 23 year old franchise building blocks, then yes.

If a THIRTY-SEVEN year old play is outperforming a 22-year old, you want to abandon ship on the kid to sign more THIRTY-SEVEN year olds. Jim Hendry, is that you?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
...and yet, Sori's WAR is below that of Schierholtz, Rizzo, Valbuena, and Castillo. His dWAR is the worst of any Cub OF outside of Schierholtz. He has also been CAUGHT stealing more than any other Cub. He is 5th on the team in OPS, 6th in OBP, and leads the team in K's.

Lol That last sentence just made your post invalid. Try again

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Oh Yippie!!! WAR!!!

What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing, say it again.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What does Sori's WAR have to do with Castillo's? Soriano isn't a catcher.:shrug:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If they are outperforming the 23 year old franchise building blocks, then yes.

Unless you are named Barry Bonds, I don't agree in this case. Sori isn't performing that well.

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:
I think the point is that the 37 year old is hitting better than anyone else on the team right now and he was lauded as "the big mistake"; and the young "building blocks" as management puts it, are hitting garbage.

What does that say about the future? Yeah....not much.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think the point is that the 37 year old is hitting better than anyone else on the team right now and he was lauded as "the big mistake"; and the young "building blocks" as management puts it, are hitting garbage.

^^^^^^^^^^
This

patg006

Liked Posts:
If a THIRTY-SEVEN year old play is outperforming a 22-year old, you want to abandon ship on the kid to sign more THIRTY-SEVEN year olds. Jim Hendry, is that you?

I sincerely hope you're not taking this literally......

KB is playing off of the fact this team needs a few free agents to make the line up look tougher and more consistent. Nick Swisher for a few more bucks batting 5th protecting Soriano and Rizzo is a perfect example of this. This is all sarcasm--everybody calls Soriano an "albatross contract" because they're dumb. He's been the best and most consistent producer of offense since Aramis left, last night against the white sox was again leading the way/the reason offensively Garza looked good.

But heaven forbid a free agent for 4 years in Swisher blocks lottery tickets.....we cant have that! Almora will be an all-pro/best in baseball then!

patg006

Liked Posts:

^I like this post so much I want to have sex with it.....

:deer:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I was for Swisher in RF this year. He would have worked. Other one was Youk. He would have been a bad choice. But even so having the current platoon would have been more justified as a injury back up solution vs the seasons answer. Over all the production has been good but that is more to do with luck.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Well the team albatross that has been blamed for preventing the team from winning is now third on the team in BA out of the regular players, leading the team in both HR's and SB's and second in RBI's and Runs.

Well the franchise SS and 1B that are the building blocks of this soon to be championship team are hitting .233 and .239.

I think the team could use a few more albatrosses.

The "albatross" hit a home run against the angels and is now 4-5 with 5 runs scored, 2 home runs in the last two games.

He's clearly handicapping the cubs ability to do anything.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
lol.. i ve always like soriano since his yankee days and was glad when the cubs got him but really ???

APR .263 1 HR 2 RBI .635 OPS

May .278 5 HR 20 RBI .841 OPS

June .233 3 HR 13 RBI .673 OPS

he been mediocre all season pretty much, with a good week in May.. he has a suoer hot last 10 games and some of you are ready to have sex with him..lol..

i wouldnt care if soriano just finished his career as a cub, but i also know if their going to move on from him and get anything of value in return this hot streak now is the best thing to happen.