Team Albatross

patg006

Liked Posts:
lol.. i ve always like soriano since his yankee days and was glad when the cubs got him but really ???

APR .263 1 HR 2 RBI .635 OPS

May .278 5 HR 20 RBI .841 OPS

June .233 3 HR 13 RBI .673 OPS

he been mediocre all season pretty much, with a good week in May.. he has a suoer hot last 10 games and some of you are ready to have sex with him..lol..

i wouldnt care if soriano just finished his career as a cub, but i also know if their going to move on from him and get anything of value in return this hot streak now is the best thing to happen.

Mediocre to you is phenomenal to this team. That should be a problem...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Mediocre to you is phenomenal to this team. That should be a problem...

not really because i wasnt expecting a whole lot from this team, but theyve actually done better then expected to date despite some key players having a down season

seems as though some of you guys are acting like 23 YOs never struggled before but still ended up with solid careers...

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
he been mediocre all season pretty much

And yet is outperforming the 'franchise' SS and 1B.

So if Soriano has been mediocre, what does that make Castro and Rizzo.

Worse than mediocre.

American Flyer hit it right on the head. That is probably the post of the year.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If they are outperforming the 23 year old franchise building blocks, then yes.

KBIS, I have been behind you on lottery tickets, but you want to talk about lottery tickets... fill a team with 35+ old guys in hopes they can do...what Soriano has done (albeit all in the last 2-4 weeks I beleive).

No thanks. Wouldn't even wish that on the Cubs.....Well, maybe. :)

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
KBIS, I have been behind you on lottery tickets, but you want to talk about lottery tickets... fill a team with 35+ old guys in hopes they can do...what Soriano has done (albeit all in the last 2-4 weeks I beleive).

You didn't read what I had said then.

I said I would be for it as long as the 35+ year old guys are outperforming the 23 year olds.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You didn't read what I had said then.

I said I would be for it as long as the 35+ year old guys are outperforming the 23 year olds.

I caught that, the problem is getting one. It's more rare than the 23 year old major leaguer

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I caught that, the problem is getting one.

And the Cubs have one right now.

It's more rare than the 23 year old major leaguer

Probably no more rare than a top 100 prospect turning into an All Star.

Cuddyer, Ibanez, Ortiz, Beltre, Beltran, Hunter, Soriano, Byrd, Suzuki, Utley, Colon, Kuroda, Lackey, Lee, Nathan, Balfour, Rivera, Gregg, Uehara, and Grilli are all at least 34 years of age and outperforming the Cubs 23 year old 'franchise building blocks'.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And the Cubs have one right now.

Probably no more rare than a top 100 prospect turning into an All Star.

Cuddyer, Ibanez, Ortiz, Beltre, Beltran, Hunter, Soriano, Byrd, Suzuki, Utley, Colon, Kuroda, Lackey, Lee, Nathan, Balfour, Rivera, Gregg, Uehara, and Grilli are all at least 34 years of age and outperforming the Cubs 23 year old 'franchise building blocks'.

It's much harder.

First off, Sori is 37+. Secondly I said 35+
Finally, weren't all of those guys 23 at one time?

You put together a list a while's back on guys around Rizzo's age that were superior. That list dwarfs your "elder" list you just created.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
It's much harder.

First off, Sori is 37+. Secondly I said 35+
Finally, weren't all of those guys 23 at one time?

You put together a list a while's back on guys around Rizzo's age that were superior. That list dwarfs your "elder" list you just created.

First off guys that are 23 arent readily available unless you develop them in your own system.

Secondly I never said there were more players 35+ that are better than all players 25 and under.

Just that you CAN find guys over 35 that can outproduce SOME players age 23.