Team USA vs Finland WJC Group A Game 1 IGT

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
USA defense playing solid right now, Finland looks fast but we are neutralizing all quality chances. We look a little sloppy in the offensive zone so far. 0-0 half way through first.

Link to Stream for the Game if you don't have NHL Network: Livestream1 - Rags2RichesTv

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Justin Faulk puts USA up 1-0 off a powerplay goal.

On a Chicago note Nick Leddy is getting a ton of ice time and has been very good at both ends of the ice for Team USA. I love watching Leddy play, so smooth.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Bad turnover in our own end leads to Vatanen tying the game at 1-1.

Jason Zucker snipes the Finish goalie immediately after and gives USA the lead again. 2-1 USA right now.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
The line of Nick Bjugstad, Ryan Bourque, and Jeremy Morin has been by far the best line on the ice for either team. Bjugstad and Morin are dominating play.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Asleep at the wheel. My apologies. Will be turning to this in a few.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Even though Finland is clearly outmatched when it comes to skill in this match up I must tip my hat and give this team a ton of credit. Finland plays so hard and is very tough on the puck, they don't give up on any puck they have a chance at. The Fins are lacking talent but are tough as nails.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Jeremey Morin goal waved off because of interference by Bjugstad. USA playing discipline not taking penalties but our powerplay needs to get on track.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even though Finland is clearly outmatched when it comes to skill in this match up I must tip my hat and give this team a ton of credit. Finland plays so hard and is very tough on the puck, they don't give up on any puck they have a chance at. The Fins are lacking talent but are tough as nails.

They always seem that they can be in the thick of things, no matter the level of competition. Good program.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Pakarinen with a hard drive to the net ties it at 2 for Finland. Those missed powerplay chances might bite us in this game.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
WOW that was a slick move by Palmeri, if had finished that I would have jizzed my pants.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
We had so many great looks, Ortio is has been lights out and we are having trouble finishing.

Overtime boys... lets go USA!

No offense to the Fins but if this is how we are going to compete this tournament then Canada is going to eat us alive if we faced them in the medal round. We need to keep the play in the offensive zone better at even strength.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that a bandaid on the New York Life OT sign?

Oh, it disappeared...now make the logo disappear, please.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Bjugstad with the Overtime game winner!!!!! USA wins!!!

Ortio kept them in it all night and gave up a soft goal.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morin was hurt during the game - I didn't see it. Bad shoulder injury maybe.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Morin was hurt during the game - I didn't see it. Bad shoulder injury maybe.

I saw him get up slow in the third after going into the boards behind Finland's net, that was probably the incident. Hopefully he does not have to miss a game.