Teams looking at Fukudome

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reading the comments at MLBTR is brutal. I love the guy that says Fukudome is a terrible defender in right.

Fukudome might be the only Cub that is gone by the deadline it seems. There doesn't seem to be a market for Pena for some reason, hello Pittsburgh you have a shot at winning this thing and a blackhole at 1B. Ramirez would be a hot commodity but he won't agree to anything til August 10th at the earliest apparently. Soriano is a pipe dream, and that really sums up the guys that you want to move at this point.

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:
Reading the comments at MLBTR is brutal. I love the guy that says Fukudome is a terrible defender in right.

I haven't read these comments specifically but I have read others before and it is funny how little people know.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guy says he has terrible range, and yet Fukudome actually played an adaqueate center field a couple of years ago and was decent in his one chance this year.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
im hearing that a trade is gonna happen with the Indians

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Out of curiousity where are you hearing this and is there any indications about how much salary the Cubs will have to pick up and or return they get.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
Ramirez told Cubs he wants to stay at east one more year. And they ok thats fine. Possibly a one or two year extension for Ramirez

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Source for the Tribe rumor?

MLB Trade Rumors: Kosuke Fukudome Drawing Interest From Indians - Baseball Nation

By Andy Hutchins - Editor, SBNation.com
The Chicago Cubs' Kosuke Fukudome is reportedly a trade target for multiple contenders, including the Cleveland Indians.

Follow @sbnbaseball on Twitter, and Like Baseball Nation on Facebook.
Jul 24, 2011 - With teams looking for outfield help in the days before the 2011 MLB trade deadline, virtually anyone with even a scintilla of a chance of helping a team will be throw into trade rumors. The Chicago Cubs' Kosuke Fukudome is one such player: reportedly, multiple contenders are looking to deal for Fukudome, despite his underwhelming year so far.
The Cleveland Indians are one of the teams in on Fukudome, and their interest is likely in shoring up an outfield that has been hampered by Grady Sizemore's injuries. Fukudome likely won't solve the Indians' lack of pop in the outfield (Sizemore is the only Indians outfielder slugging more than .400), given his anemic .371 slugging percentage, Fukudome gets on base and plays passable defense — though less passable in 2011 — and could be rented cheaply if the Cubs pick up some of the money remaining on his contract.
The Indians are just a game and a half back of the Detroit Tigers in the AL Central.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
Bruce Levine believes a deal in close for Fukudome

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very true... figured a lefty, but when neither Fuki or Johnson were in the lineup I figure one or the other might be traded

Could very well be. I think Johnson has back issues.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
And tomorrow is scheduled to be Fukudome Day for my trade series! Might have to tweak it a bit if he is traded between now and then

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fuku getting traded?

its not my birthday:thinking: