Tebow could have won with that defense

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Manning had 3 turnovers and no TDs and I think like one pass play over 20 yards. Let's get serious here.
326.gif

3 turnovers?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Manning's numbers were almost identical to Elway's numbers against the Packers in his 1st Super Bowl win.

That's funny, I never knew he played poorly in Super Bowl 32, all that is remembered is the fact Elway won

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Manning's numbers were almost identical to Elway's numbers against the Packers in his 1st Super Bowl win.

That's funny, I never knew he played poorly in Super Bowl 32, all that is remembered is the fact Elway won

I'm sure the average fan will just remember that. Big difference is Elway wasn't god awful the entire ride to the Superbowl and awful at the big game itself.

Just realized Manning will actually be the worst QB to get to the Superbowl statistically

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
This is a really dumb thread. No way they win w/o Manning

You really think these FA signings would have happened without Manning at the helm? You are dumb if you do

Excellent point. I hadn't thought of that variable. It goes to show you that you have to look deeper into issues rather than just take them for face value.

I agree that last night manning had zero impact on the win but you're absolutely right that his play the previous 100 years is what brought everyone there!

John elegy knows what he is doing!

mecha

Liked Posts:

lol. yeah I didn't see any Super Bowls back then, football wasn't on my radar, blowing things up in FPS's was though. when I read Elway's statline I was like "wow". I saw that particular game on NFL Replay though and was blown away by Terrell Davis.

Elway didn't have to do much when that dude could gash for like 5 yards at a crack.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Manning was a game manager, but he did what he had to do to get things done. What many forget is that he's tricking the D into showing what they are doing and then changing the play to optimize success. His ability to pass (or inability) is second to how he gets the most out of what he has.

Is the Denver OL good? No. Were they against a great defensive front 7? Yes. 194 total yards is nothing to be proud of, but at the end of the the day there were some key moments where Manning helped decide the game:

1 - First offensive drive of the game - They passed to open up running lanes. Only got a FG, but still started with a lead and put some pressure on the younger Panthers offense.
2 - First offensive drive after the half - The defense forced a punt and Manning got points right after. That was huge. Panthers came out looking to turn the tide and it was just more of the same.
3 - Audible to throw at the end and draw a PI call - Did he throw a TD? No. Did he turn it over in that situation? No. He looked what the Panthers were showing and put them in a spot where they panicked.

Denver didn't win because of Manning, but he did all he could to ensure they wouldn't lose by something the offense did. That pick was bad, but overall he did a good job at being one step in front of a great defense and avoiding a mistake.

He wasn't one step ahead of the D. The offense basically scored 8 points (2 FGs and a 2pt conversion). Then the D gave them 12 points and Special teams gave them 4 points. Scoring 8 points is not staying ahead of the D and you are basically giving Manning credit for 2 fucking decent drives the whole game. That's absurd.

Not to mention those 2 drives were less about Manning and more about the Panthers blitzing when they didn't have to, and then leaving a Bronco WR wide open. It's not like Manning threaded a needle. On both the opening drive of the game and their first drive in the 3rd quarter, the Panthers got caught blitzing and a WR was wide open for a big gain.

So the dude was largely garbage. His QB rating was worse than Rex Grossman's and he was bailed out by a great D. Let's not try and make excuses for him just because he is an all time great.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sad to say but Tebow probably would have had a better game than either Cam or Peyton.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
He wasn't one step ahead of the D. The offense basically scored 8 points (2 FGs and a 2pt conversion). Then the D gave them 12 points and Special teams gave them 4 points. Scoring 8 points is not staying ahead of the D and you are basically giving Manning credit for 2 fucking decent drives the whole game. That's absurd.

Not to mention those 2 drives were less about Manning and more about the Panthers blitzing when they didn't have to, and then leaving a Bronco WR wide open. It's not like Manning threaded a needle. On both the opening drive of the game and their first drive in the 3rd quarter, the Panthers got caught blitzing and a WR was wide open for a big gain.

So the dude was largely garbage. His QB rating was worse than Rex Grossman's and he was bailed out by a great D. Let's not try and make excuses for him just because he is an all time great.
Whatever. Manning got a ring and that sideshow freak Newton cried his way home.
It was a good day

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whatever. Manning got a ring and that sideshow freak Newton cried his way home.
It was a good day

Ok then be happy he got a ring instead of trying to pretend he didn't have a terrible game. At the end of the day it's a team sport and the D carried Manning and the O to victory.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Ok then be happy he got a ring instead of trying to pretend he didn't have a terrible game. At the end of the day it's a team sport and the D carried Manning and the O to victory.
He didn't have a terrible game. He didn't have a great game but he played smart and gave his team a chance to win. And he was a class act about it.
Carson Palmer had a terrible game. Manning played good enough (obviously).
And Cam is a big fat loser. All is right with the universe.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Ill-preparedness on "O" hurt the Panthers. IDK what type of game plan the OC & qb were trying to implement. IDK if they had a game plan. We talk about half-time
adjustments, it obvious Shula sucks at it with all the b.s. run play calls on 1st down.

Plus, not continuing to move pocket to allow the wr's to get open. The b.s. run calls outta' the shot-gun were totally useless, yet Shula kept calling 'em

mecha

Liked Posts:
a terrible game is where your team loses, not win the fucking Super Bowl.