Ted Phillips helped land Matt Nagy

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
One thing you need to know about Ballard is he has a lot of friends in the media who are going to be very eager to cover for him. Some of our local reporters and news Breakers have noted this.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol Sweaty Ted can't help himself.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This just about guarantees Nagy will be a failure now, lol. Then again even a broken clock is right twice a day so maybe this is one of those times for Sweaty Ted.

Well, he was part of hiring Lovie.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Just as another not-much-talked-about interesting nugget, Dickerson and Schefter have said Nagy preferred the Bears over the Colts because the Colts used the interview to try to get him to sell himself to them, much the way you think of the prototypical office job interview, while the Bears interview was more of the Bears selling themselves to Nagy and trying to recruit him, while talking a bunch of football. If you read between the lines of Nagy’s own comments in interviews post-press conference (saying that the two experiences were completely different and that his choice was ultimately just what he believed would be best for his family), those reports seem to ring true.

I do think the Colts kind of screwed this up. And/or maybeee the NFL has caught on that Luck’s future doesn’t look so great. Interesting offseason for non-playoff teams so far...

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Is it really too hard to believe that when someone chooses to go with someone else, that other party won't spread rumors like "well, we were never really into him/her in the first place." I know alot of you ******* have been turned down for dates in the past. Do you go to your friends saying, "That's too bad, I really really liked her! But she chose someone else."

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sounds like Ted wants credit for this. Also sounds like Pace was told to go after Nagy because of the connection.
Where is that Ted said anything or hinted he wanted credit for this? Details of getting Nagy are finally being released. Same with the other part of your post. You make huge assumptions based on nothing

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was listening to Speigel and Parkins yesterday and they were talking about how the Bears somewhat surprisingly seem to have had a really good plan for this coaching search and they deserve credit.

They came out organized and strong, got the Rooney Rule out of the way, having Ted and George with Ryan made it so they could move really quickly, and Ryan and Matt got dinner by themselves to lock things down.

Because of that they have made a strong push for Fangio, started getting really good coaches, while other teams are not even in the market.

It seems they had a plan and so far it is working well.

billwade

Liked Posts:
Even good news that includes sweat ted becomes depressing...

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Oh no. Not Pace's guy. Here we go again.

I can't believe Phillips had much to do with hiring Nagy. McCaskey knows that Phillips is a money man and not a football man. Pace is the football man and a good one. I think it was Pace's choice to hire Nagy, without pressure, based upon a thorough set of decision criteria. If Phillips was at the initial dinner with Pace and Nagy, then it was only to facilitate moving fast from there. This is Pace's call. The speed at which it all happened is a credit to them all, enabling the quick hiring of other positions, including the guy I wanted, Vic Fangio.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Where is that Ted said anything or hinted he wanted credit for this? Details of getting Nagy are finally being released. Same with the other part of your post. You make huge assumptions based on nothing

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

I'm sure spotlight hungry Ted had nothing to do with disclosing those details. My assumptions are based on previous events from this organization.