Ted Phillips talking Bears football

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
3ce52993-6990-4587-b5c0-cc65a42e03c6.png
I would chip on this. Let's get a go fund me started!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Is that you again uncle meatball?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I keep telling everyone that will listen; that fat greaseball needs to be canned ASAP.

Washington

Liked Posts:
If Virginia was embarrassed over Emery and Trestman, she should be even more embarrassed over Pace and Fox given how this year is playing out. Pace has at least added some young talent and some good FAs. Fox is abysmal as a coach. He had 2 weeks to prepare for TB and they got some key injured players back. The team seems unprepared more often than not. To be down only by 7 at half after the Cutty sucking and then have TB march right down the field to start the 2nd half has been so Fox in his 2 year Bears tenure. He is not impressive at all. Time to say buh-bye to Fox.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
All that preparation goes out the window when your QB turns the ball over 3 times in the 1st period. Not sure how Fox could have prepared for that, other than to leave Cutler on the bench and have Zach Miller at QB running the single wing. The Bears could have had 10 weeks to prepare and had their entire roster (including Kevin White!) 100% healthy, and they still lose that game to Tampa due to Jay Cutler. I get the frustration, but I don't understand how/why people continue to overlook the common thread in the Bears' last 8 years of mediocrity...Jay Cutler's turnovers and inability to put points on the board. Cutler directly accounted for 9 Tampa points (7 on the INT, 2 on the safety), and the Bears offense scored 10 points (thanks to a hail mary). In order for the Bears to win the game, the defense would have to shutout the Bucs for 60 minutes. That's a tall order in 2016 NFL.

So your trying to say with Brian Hoyer, the Bears would of done better. Cutler played absolutely horrible, I cannot lie but was the protection great? The defense played great in the second half?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Hoyer (or name your alternate QB) doesn't turn the ball over as much as Cutler did then, yes, that QB would have done better than Cutler. I have gone from being a fan of Cutler's, to an apologist, to a resignation that he isn't the answer to any thing except some Bears trivia questions. He isn't the QB of the future and wouldn't be the QB of the present if Hoyer were healthy. Its over. Call in the dogs and piss on the fire. We have to deal with him for a few more games and then the Jay Cutler Experiment is over. If there anything close to a solution or capable QB on the bench they would be playing next week.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I wanna know why we were throwing on the two when we were running down their throats and had two downs to punch it in. Terrible interception but even worse play calling I'm mean WTF??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So you heard a thing about hearing a thing? Seems legit.

Really? The conversation that Spunky referenced is in post #15 by TishLover, two posts before your response. Give it a listen, let us know if you think Teddy is involved in football decisions. I would like very much to hear if any Bears fan thinks that is a good idea.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Hoyer (or name your alternate QB) doesn't turn the ball over as much as Cutler did then, yes, that QB would have done better than Cutler. I have gone from being a fan of Cutler's, to an apologist, to a resignation that he isn't the answer to any thing except some Bears trivia questions. He isn't the QB of the future and wouldn't be the QB of the present if Hoyer were healthy. Its over. Call in the dogs and piss on the fire. We have to deal with him for a few more games and then the Jay Cutler Experiment is over. If there anything close to a solution or capable QB on the bench they would be playing next week.

The above spells it out well. One of the only good things in this season is that they stumbled themselves into a position that they know that Hoyer can quarterback an NFL team, that the middle of the offensive line is good, and that Howard is a very good running back. With a young smart head coach and a good free agency and draft which includes two OTs and a WR and TE, the offense would be pretty good. The defense needs secondary help but that is pretty much it.

In the draft they should pick no worse than 3rd which will yield the potential of a a pro bowl candidate and a good starter in the 2nd round(which maybe is where they should draft a quarterback). I would also consider trading down in the first round and maybe trading up with their second pick.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So your trying to say with Brian Hoyer, the Bears would of done better. Cutler played absolutely horrible, I cannot lie but was the protection great? The defense played great in the second half?

Yeah, Hoyer would have done better. Cutler broke their back in that game. The defense was flying to the ball and absolutely stuffing the ball carrier at the line of scrimmage only to have Cutler give the ball back. That Conte interception was a case in point. Hoyer would have never thrown that ball. That was a play that a high school qb would make.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Virginia was embarrassed over Emery and Trestman, she should be even more embarrassed over Pace and Fox given how this year is playing out. Pace has at least added some young talent and some good FAs. Fox is abysmal as a coach. He had 2 weeks to prepare for TB and they got some key injured players back. The team seems unprepared more often than not. To be down only by 7 at half after the Cutty sucking and then have TB march right down the field to start the 2nd half has been so Fox in his 2 year Bears tenure. He is not impressive at all. Time to say buh-bye to Fox.

"ga' ta' keep on risin' . . . " . . .