Ted Thompson Died on Wednesday

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wasn't dumped. He left the Packers because he was diagnosed with autonomic dysfunction, or dysautonomia. I assume this is what contributed to his death.

Oh wow, I'm shocked to find out @BearsBud was wrong again.

DISCLAIMER: if BearsBud dislikes this post... he thoroughly enjoys sucking weiners.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
So then tt should have been cut long before because he wasn't the best like you say no?

He was the second best in the league over Rodgers era, most teams would not have asked him to resign.

Do I admire the Packers commitment to excellence? Yes, but Thompson was quite clearly a great GM. His tenure was like Polians in INDY, except Thompson teams had a bit more overall playoff success.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
He wasn't dumped. He left the Packers because he was diagnosed with autonomic dysfunction, or dysautonomia. I assume this is what contributed to his death.

We had asked him to step down to a scouting position before that actually.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We had asked him to step down to a scouting position before that actually.

We? lol

"Late in the 2017 season, Mark Murphy and I had a conversation about my health and future with the Packers," he said. "At that time, we mutually agreed that it was in the best interests of myself and the organization to step away from my role as general manager. In consultation with team physician Dr. John Gray, I began a complete health evaluation that has included second opinions over the last year from the Medical College of Wisconsin, the Mayo Clinic and the UT Southwestern Medical Center.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
We? lol

"Late in the 2017 season, Mark Murphy and I had a conversation about my health and future with the Packers," he said. "At that time, we mutually agreed that it was in the best interests of myself and the organization to step away from my role as general manager. In consultation with team physician Dr. John Gray, I began a complete health evaluation that has included second opinions over the last year from the Medical College of Wisconsin, the Mayo Clinic and the UT Southwestern Medical Center.

That diagnosis came after Gutekunst was the GM.

Thompson was politely asked to step down after the 2017 season, obviously they arent going to say it was because his last 5 drafts were lack luster lol.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That diagnosis came after Gutekunst was the GM.

Thompson was politely asked to step down after the 2017 season, obviously they arent going to say it was because his last 5 drafts were lack luster lol.

lo, read the f**ing article you moron.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
lo, read the f**ing article you moron.

I did. You clearly didnt. The diagnosis came AFTER he was already asked to step down lol.

Once again, we politely asked Thompson to step down after the 2017 season, and prior to his later diagnosis.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I did. You clearly didnt. The diagnosis came AFTER he was already asked to step down lol.

Once again, we politely asked Thompson to step down after the 2017 season, and prior to his later diagnosis.

The diagnosis came after, but the illness came before. They thought it might be CTE at the time. My god you are an idiot.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
He was the second best in the league over Rodgers era, most teams would not have asked him to resign.

Do I admire the Packers commitment to excellence? Yes, but Thompson was quite clearly a great GM. His tenure was like Polians in INDY, except Thompson teams had a bit more overall playoff success.
Oh so tt's tenure only during Rodgers era?
Not the whole era.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
The diagnosis came after, but the illness came before. They thought it might be CTE at the time. My god you are an idiot.

That article never says that GB suspected he had CTE before his diagnose lol.

Lying and saying the article says something it doesnt say? Lol?

Thompson was asked to step down and take a scouting role due to performance, his diagnoses came later.

Sure, we asked him to resign nicely and cited his old age, but he was still demoted due to performance.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Oh so tt's tenure only during Rodgers era?
Not the whole era.

I was only counting the Rodgers era, but it's fine let's count TT's whole tenure.

That would put the Cheatriots and the Giants ahead over that timespan. So third best in the league, better then Brees team, Peyton's teams etc.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Steelers won two championships during TTs tenure and consistently made the playoffs.
Good catch, Thompson started in 05' not 06'. Though I point out GB made the playoffs more then the Steelers over that timespan. And the Steelers played the Squawks team Thompson built in that SB.

Still, that leaves then 4th best in the league over that time span, still better then Peyton and Brees teams.

If you get rid of Thompson southern Mississippi handicap, counting only the Rodgers era, then that's best in the league aside from the Cheatriots.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Good catch, Thompson started in 05' not 06'. Though I point out GB made the playoffs more then the Steelers over that timespan. And the Steelers played the Squawks team Thompson built in that SB.

Still, that leaves then 4th best in the league over that time span, still better then Peyton and Brees teams.

If you get rid of Thompson southern Mississippi handicap, counting only the Rodgers era, then that's best in the league aside from the Cheatriots.
So TT went down from the best (after the pats) to now the 4th best in the span of an hour? ?

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I’m sure we’ll get to the Bears soon...

Was Thompson at GB in 1985?

10veitout

Liked Posts:
So TT went down from the best (after the pats) to now the 4th best in the span of an hour? ?

No, he is still had the us the 2nd best team in the league over the Rodgers era, which was my initial claim in the first place.

It was other posters who started broadening the time span.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh wow, I'm shocked to find out @BearsBud was wrong again.

DISCLAIMER: if BearsBud dislikes this post... he thoroughly enjoys sucking weiners.

1611282341943.png

Lol it looks like @BearsBud is living up to his college nickname of "Cocksucker" afterall.

#CALLEDIT

I bet he will dislike this post if he likes taking it up the butt from other men.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
A dead Ted Thompson is still a better GM than the Bears have had over the last 35 years...