Ten Most Embarassing Chicago Sports Moments 2009

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
10. Bulls lost 35-point lead, game to the Sacramento Kings

No Ben Gordon, no problem, right? Uh, not exactly. The post-Gordon Bulls aren't as bad as the post-Jordan Bulls were, but they're even more maddening. Headlined by Derrick Rose, a resurgent Luol Deng and rapidly ascending center Joakim Noah, the Bulls should be better than 10-17 going into Christmas Eve, and coach Vinny Del Negro's job status didn't get any safer after the Bulls blew a third-quarter lead that ballooned to 35 points. The Kings shocked the United Center with the second-biggest comeback in NBA history, one point shy of the Jazz's record. Think they could have used Gordon's fourth-quarter heroics? Or maybe Del Negro should have played more than seven guys all game?

6. Derrick Rose's summer

Rose, Chicago's golden child, was hit with some unprecedented bad publicity following his Rookie of the Year campaign. First, there were insinuations that he had someone else take his SATs and was actually ineligible to play his one season at Memphis. Other, somewhat minor, allegations followed as the NCAA investigated the Memphis program. Rose has adamantly declared that he took the test. Also, pictures of Rose at a party or a bar, looking less than angelic, spread throughout the Internet. It wasn't a big deal, he was in college after all, but it was publicity he didn't plan on. Rose, who spent much of the summer working out in Los Angeles, said a late summer trip to China, away from his problems, with adidas was welcomed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/columns/story?columnist=greenberg_jon&id=4768675

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
Re:Ten Most Embarassing Chicago Sports Moments 200

kings game shoulda been 1 and rose shoulda been about 8

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

bullsman24 wrote:
kings game shoulda been 1 and rose shoulda been about 8

Oh no. They got it right with Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler has been so bad, that after the Packers beat the Bears the second time, after a timely interception thrown by Jay Cutler, I got a Bears loving friend to admit that Jay Cutler sucks and that Aaron Rodgers is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. That's how bad Cutler has been.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

yeah, but we were kinda expecting struggles from jay cutler. the bears have the worst receiving corps in the league and a bad o-line too. it's not surprising at all.

blowing a 35 point lead to the kings made us a laughing-stock of the NBA. you know how people say "you wanna hear a joke? Darko Milicic. get it?" well people were doing that to me about the bulls cuz i don't live in chicago.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Bulls are the joke of the league right now, if they weren't already. That game will live in infamy.

flipcyde23

Liked Posts:
Letting our #3 pick/leading scorer/clutch player walk for nothing.

Jarret Jack tying his shoe...with no one trying to steal the ball.

Losing to the Nets.

I think these should've made the list.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Watching Aaron Miles swing a bat for the Cubs

jsain360

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
10. Bulls lost 35-point lead, game to the Sacramento Kings

No Ben Gordon, no problem, right? Uh, not exactly. The post-Gordon Bulls aren't as bad as the post-Jordan Bulls were, but they're even more maddening. Headlined by Derrick Rose, a resurgent Luol Deng and rapidly ascending center Joakim Noah, the Bulls should be better than 10-17 going into Christmas Eve, and coach Vinny Del Negro's job status didn't get any safer after the Bulls blew a third-quarter lead that ballooned to 35 points. The Kings shocked the United Center with the second-biggest comeback in NBA history, one point shy of the Jazz's record. Think they could have used Gordon's fourth-quarter heroics? Or maybe Del Negro should have played more than seven guys all game?

6. Derrick Rose's summer

Rose, Chicago's golden child, was hit with some unprecedented bad publicity following his Rookie of the Year campaign. First, there were insinuations that he had someone else take his SATs and was actually ineligible to play his one season at Memphis. Other, somewhat minor, allegations followed as the NCAA investigated the Memphis program. Rose has adamantly declared that he took the test. Also, pictures of Rose at a party or a bar, looking less than angelic, spread throughout the Internet. It wasn't a big deal, he was in college after all, but it was publicity he didn't plan on. Rose, who spent much of the summer working out in Los Angeles, said a late summer trip to China, away from his problems, with adidas was welcomed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/columns/story?columnist=greenberg_jon&id=4768675

Saying post-Gordon is an embarassing moment

Fred

Liked Posts:
I bet Hinrich's missed layup at the end of Game 6 is #11.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:

Thats one of many missed layups, Kirk's overall inability to finish is an utter embarassment.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:

Didn't he have some big missed layup in the Wizards series in 2005 that really hurt us too?