Tevin Jenkins: No Extension Talks until Bye Week

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

If he’s injured and sucks just as much as he did against GB last year, then it’s time to flush another Pace turd down the toilet bowl.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

If he’s injured and sucks just as much as he did against GB last year, then it’s time to flush another Pace turd down the toilet bowl.
To be honest the whole OL sucked against GB last year. Even healthy Jenkins has to improve his pass blocking. With his quick release I think Williams will help this OL out quite a bit.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Think he will be fine and play well and the bears will still let him walk.

Now if he plays amazing and makes a probowl then it will be interesting. My guess is that kiran is tev's replacement, not braxton's.

I agree with daniel on this one, Poles never seemed to like Tev for whatever reason. I'd be surprised if he's given an extension at this point.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Now if he plays amazing and makes a probowl then it will be interesting. My guess is that kiran is tev's replacement, not braxton's.

I agree with daniel on this one, Poles never seemed to like Tev for whatever reason. I'd be surprised if he's given an extension at this point.

I think the hope is that Kiran is Davis's replacement short term... (like next year) That would mean Jenkins finally has a productive and healthy season.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think the hope is that Kiran is Davis's replacement short term... (like next year) That would mean Jenkins finally has a productive and healthy season.

Kiran has never played RG, but he did play LG his rookie year in college.

Either wouldnt shock me but it just feels like poles doesnt want Tev and he's not in his long term plans.

Makes no sense to me, I'd just move Tev to RG and have two giant maulers on the right side.

I do think that davis is gone next year, tev is the only one I'd be upset if they let walk. Especially if he has a healthy year

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good call by the Bears. Tevin can be a monster but we don’t need an on again/off again Frankenstein. If Tevin is healthy and playing good ball, I’d like to see the Bears extend him, but he’s not at a top 10 price. With his injury history I’d give him a good deal, but a deal nonetheless.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

The whole team played like shit against GB! They sucked

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not sure how that helps his situation

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

So there's a chance that we need a new LT, LG, C and RG after this season. Great fucking news.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I disagree. I think long-term, Kiran replaces Jones, who becomes the swing tackle.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
when healthy, cobra kai has been the best linemen the bears have had over the last few. even when being in game rotated....maybe darnellz last year.. but cobra kai is barely healthy n always hurt.

he'll go elsewhere next year and never get hurt again n end up a perennial probowler.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be honest the whole OL sucked against GB last year. Even healthy Jenkins has to improve his pass blocking. With his quick release I think Williams will help this OL out quite a bit.
They sure did. That's what happens when you have so many high draft picks invested in the defensive front seven. The Bears seem to be in a pattern of not matching that investment on the offensive line part.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
jenkins is a heck of a run blocker but is average at best in his pass block sets. his health is also a question
if he can show hes healthy and improves the pass blocking there will be an extension for him...

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
Ability is not the issue, availability is. I completely understand the hesitation to commit to Jenkins long term, he is always battling injury. With the surplus of draft picks next year and the likely moving on from players such as Davis, Kennan Allen, a few others its better to address Jenkins as the season progresses. He has to prove he can stay on the field and be effective this season, if he does then he will likely get extended.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Hate to see the Bears give up talent but I understand the injury concerns. I have no issue with a shorter deal and even if a little overpaid it isn't a contract that hurts us long term if he doesn't stay healthy.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
lol... if Jones becomes a swing tackle, it won't be for the Bears. After starting for 4 years straight, he'll be expecting a pay day and to continue being a LT.
Jones won't be a swing T....he'll be a starter. The question is will it be with Da Bears or some other team? My money is with Da Bears.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lol... if Jones becomes a swing tackle, it won't be for the Bears. After starting for 4 years straight, he'll be expecting a pay day and to continue being a LT.
Then he will be gone.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Then he will be gone.

What makes you think that? Braxton is a Poles draftpick, and he always speaks highly of him.

Kiran also played LG in college, so there is a good chance he was drafted as a potential GUARD. We have no clue where he fits cause he's yet to practice yet.

Davis is pretty much guaranteed to be cut unless he performs up to his contract. Jenkins is the wild card.

There is no reason to move on from Braxton as he's got 2 years of cheap AF control left.