Tevin Jenkins: No Extension Talks until Bye Week

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
So there's a chance that we need a new LT, LG, C and RG after this season. Great fucking news.
If the guys in those positions aren’t good enough then you move on. With the draft capital next year and more cap space available next offseason it is a great opportunity to sort out the line once and for all. Hopefully several of the guys we have now step up big time this year and the need is not so much. Next offseason the top priority has to be the offensive line with one pass rusher. Skill positions we are deep for the first time in forever, go trenches next draft with damn near every pick!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If the guys in those positions aren’t good enough then you move on. With the draft capital next year and more cap space available next offseason it is a great opportunity to sort out the line once and for all. Hopefully several of the guys we have now step up big time this year and the need is not so much. Next offseason the top priority has to be the offensive line with one pass rusher. Skill positions we are deep for the first time in forever, go trenches next draft with damn near every pick!
I would say out of every position group that the OL needs continuity more than any other to make everything else around you on offense work. We can't keep playing around with this shit.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From a business standpoint, I love it. Don't overpay for players only been available about half their time here. Odds are it feels the 3rd round rookie was here to replace one of two people and news flash, Braxton jones wasn't one of them. I do hope he improves to a top ten Lt but odds are he is near the top 20 and that's about as good as he will be. Jenkins is more talented. But his injury history will follow him.

Fair deal 2 year 27 mill 16 bonus. Jenkins will be 29 after and he stays healthy he can get paid big then. He can't stay healthy or somehow regresses we have an out year 2.

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
I would say out of every position group that the OL needs continuity more than any other to make everything else around you on offense work. We can't keep playing around with this shit.
I get it, but if they aren’t good enough you need to move on not commit. Lets see how it goes, hopefully they all play great and gel

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
guys, we've been here before, and lost. I forgot who the player was but yeah, not good.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What makes you think that? Braxton is a Poles draftpick, and he always speaks highly of him.

Kiran also played LG in college, so there is a good chance he was drafted as a potential GUARD. We have no clue where he fits cause he's yet to practice yet.

Davis is pretty much guaranteed to be cut unless he performs up to his contract. Jenkins is the wild card.

There is no reason to move on from Braxton as he's got 2 years of cheap AF control left.

I am saying ultimately, not this year.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think the hope is that Kiran is Davis's replacement short term... (like next year) That would mean Jenkins finally has a productive and healthy season.
That would be the best of all outcomes. Davis has to get tough quick and stay healthy.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kiran has never played RG, but he did play LG his rookie year in college.

Either wouldnt shock me but it just feels like poles doesnt want Tev and he's not in his long term plans.

Makes no sense to me, I'd just move Tev to RG and have two giant maulers on the right side.

I do think that davis is gone next year, tev is the only one I'd be upset if they let walk. Especially if he has a healthy year
Quick, get on the bat phone to Poles and let him know you're going to be upset, that will show him you mean business