Texans open to trading Watson

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Before the Watson smear campaign I’m sure there were plenty of teams ready to sell the farm for him. Right now the return has to be pretty low or allot lower than what a franchise qb should fetch.
Give them Foles and the pick the Bears got for Miller. Also have the Texans eat most of the salary.

The Bears could use a good backup for Fields.

Then trade Dalton to a desperate team before the trade deadline.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
His fetish would be accepted in Vegas. Chicken Ranch is a short drive. Sheris Ranch has a spa if he wants the luxury and massage cosplay...

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Although a decade ago, Roethlisberger suffered 2 sexual scandals with alleged conduct much worse than this (actual rape) so Watson will be back in the league at some point although you would assume some type of suspension is looming.

A QB of that caliber is worth 2 firsts and I would bet several teams would pay it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok let's say he is worth 3 firsts and 2 starters. I say that gets discounted 2 trade pieces per 10 accusations againts him. So that makes it 1 first and 2 starters starters, 3 first straight up or 2 firsts and 1 starter.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Heard philly is in the mix @Pegger
Yeah they are. IMHO they shouldn't pull the trigger until they give Jalen Hurts a season to see if he's the guy.

If Hurts works out they will have their QB making less than $2M for the next 3 seasons AND next year they have 3 first round picks. That would go a long way in reloading the team.

I'd add, from a cap stance it's possible, which after taking a cap hit of $33.8MM from Wentz AND having the cap reduced it's sort of crazy. Eagles currently have ~$3.3MM in cap space. If they cut/trade Ertz that can get them an extra $8.5MM in cap space, so we'd be at ~$11.8MM.

Currently Watson's cap move after a trade would be ~$10.5MM, so it's doable. The hard part is Watson has a guaranteed salary of $35MM next year. That can be converted to a signing bonus next year to spread it out, but still there's a bit of cap maneuvering needed.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Denver and Washington will be in on this i would think. They both have a veteran QB that can play next year with Bridgewater and Fitzpatrick until Watson is cleared to play once he settles these lawsuits by paying these women.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crazy that any team would consider taking the risk of trading away their future for someone who has shown a constant inability to keep it in his pants.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The one thing that's working in Watson's favor is there isn't any videos or pictures yet. Thinking back when the NFL took a hard stance it's because there was either video evidence (Ray Rice - never played again) or pictures of violence (Adrian Peterson, Greg Hardy, etc...). Even when there was a video of Joe Mixon completely knocking out a girl in a bar because it happened before he was in the NFL it only lowered his draft stock and there was no suspension from the league.

I'd add, even if there was a video, it wouldn't do much. He propositioned an adult masseuse/IG model and she accepted his offer. The frequency in which he did this is alarming, but at the end of the day how much worse is this than what Robert Kraft did at the Orchids of Asia. I'd actually say what Kraft did was worse. Orchids of Aisa were busted because of their ties to human trafficking. Essentially Kraft asked some unwilling slave's owners for a rub and tug. It sounds like if any of these females weren't interested in Watson's offer it ended there.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Saw them at a small venue, Park West with the Divinyls backing up. Awesome Concert. She put on a great show in ripped stocking a tiny plaid skirt and white button shirt.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If there’s no criminal case, he may be negotiating a payoff with a gag. He can afford it.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm not at all sold on Justin Fields but I do think I'd rather have Fields on a rookie contract than Deshaun Watson's 4-12 ass on that monster deal.