Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why not just say he needs 5 years? Why would the front office care about Pace pulling some job saving move to gain an extra year? Like they’d ever fall for that. “Well, okay Ryan. If you say you need another year then you got it. Here take 5.”

Saying you need 5 years would be dumb because if you are going to argue for a full rebuild then you might as well draft a young QB. You also are not going to sell Watson on coming here if you talking about a full rebuild.

The front office would care because it is about being realistic. If you give up the kind of capital you would need to get Watson in a year when you are currently over the cap by 10m then it simply doesn't make sense to expect playoffs in 2021.

However, beginning in 2022, you would have the cap to actually add a few key pieces around Watson to actually make a playoff run.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah. Trade 3 seems good but even an idiot like pace wont do the first two.

Trade 3 makes no sense to me. You are basically pushing Nicholls to the bench (Hicks, Gold and Watt would be the DL in a 3-4), creating a massive hole at edge that you won't have FA or the draft to really plug unless you get really lucky and you probably lose ARob in the process unless you restructure Watt. All to get an older, more injury prone player that isn't really an upgrade over Mack.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is quite absurd to give up significant draft capital for Watt. He is injury prone, old and only has 1 year left on his deal.
Pace will be all over it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It is quite absurd to give up significant draft capital for Watt. He is injury prone, old and only has 1 year left on his deal.

Which is why i said i'd only do the 3rd trade which has Watson coming over with him and has us getting rid of Mack and Foles and use that money elsewhere. Maybe you didn't see it but i'd take on JJ Watt and his last year of his contract to get D.Watson and JJ can still play. He might not be the JJ of old but neither is K.Mack and N.Foles.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah. Trade 3 seems good but even an idiot like pace wont do the first two.

Yeah seeing those first two i didn't have much hope for the 3rd one but i'm all in on that 3rd trade that brings us our franchise QB for the next 10-12 years and a still useful JJ Watt and allows us to free up some cap space by getting rid of Mack and Foles.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For just Deshaun and nothing else?
and only if its the Jets.

Houston doesn't want to trade, so this will get ugly. Nobody will pay them what they want, except maybe the Jets.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
If the bears make this deal it's back to football purgatory but hey the bears QB will put up nice stats. This team isn't in win now mode just compare the bears roster to playoff teams it's not just the QB.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm fine with trading all the 1st and 2nd day picks for Watson, just be sure to get as many 4th and 5th and 6th rounders back. Thats a win for Pace anyway, saves him from himself, makes his bread and butter as a scout down there.

Houston gets every asset, we get Watson and a chance to save ourselves on the third day of the draft.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Saying you need 5 years would be dumb because if you are going to argue for a full rebuild then you might as well draft a young QB. You also are not going to sell Watson on coming here if you talking about a full rebuild.

The front office would care because it is about being realistic. If you give up the kind of capital you would need to get Watson in a year when you are currently over the cap by 10m then it simply doesn't make sense to expect playoffs in 2021.

However, beginning in 2022, you would have the cap to actually add a few key pieces around Watson to actually make a playoff run.

It was sarcasm. I thought it was laughable that you pointed out Pace should ask for another year. If they trade for Watson the front office will expect results immediately. its absurd that the front office would grant Pace an extra year after the Watson trade. I don’t care what scenario you’ve created in your own mind. It doesn’t match up with reality. The front office isn’t giving Pace a mulligan

Of course it’s possible Pace saves his job after next year. But it won’t be because they traded for Watson and afterwards Pace asked for more time to straighten up the cap situation. Like that would ever fly. It’s laughable that you bring it up as a possibility.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trade 3 makes no sense to me. You are basically pushing Nicholls to the bench (Hicks, Gold and Watt would be the DL in a 3-4), creating a massive hole at edge that you won't have FA or the draft to really plug unless you get really lucky and you probably lose ARob in the process unless you restructure Watt. All to get an older, more injury prone player that isn't really an upgrade over Mack.

We could easily get another edge rusher to play in Mack's place, whether that be in the draft or free agency and JJ.Watt can play all over the line. We could trade Hicks to create more cap space if we wanted to and play Nichols and Watt at DE. It's funny how people don't understand that there's many moves that can be made to fill a spot or create cap space.

You can now talk about how bad we are with cap space and how we won't have any draft picks and all the other crap people have been spewing out there mouths. There's many ways to go about making that trade and still being able to add other pieces to make this team very good with D.Watson at QB. Doesn't matter anyway cause that's just a fictional trade that won't happen anyway but i'd jump all over it if it became a reality and i'm sure R.Pace would as well.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
“Well, Ryan we went 4-12 with Deshaun this year. Looks like the trade isn’t working out so far. But we promised you another year. So here you go bud.“

lol, why would they just blindly commit another year to him? Because he asks?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm fine with trading all the 1st and 2nd day picks for Watson, just be sure to get as many 4th and 5th and 6th rounders back. Thats a win for Pace anyway, saves him from himself, makes his bread and butter as a scout down there.

Houston gets every asset, we get Watson and a chance to save ourselves on the third day of the draft.

Yes that would be a great move if he can get them to throw us some mid and late round picks and let Pace work his mid and late round magic. It seems like teams will pretty easily throw those mid to late round picks in deals when they see themselves getting multiple 1st and 2nd round picks and a good young player or two in return.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It was sarcasm. I thought it was laughable that you pointed out Pace should ask for another year. If they trade for Watson the front office will expect results immediately. its absurd that the front office would grant Pace an extra year after the Watson trade. I don’t care what scenario you’ve created in your own mind. It doesn’t match up with reality. The front office isn’t giving Pace a mulligan

Of course it’s possible Pace saves his job after next year. But it won’t be because they traded for Watson and afterwards Pace asked for more time to straighten up the cap situation. Like that would ever fly. It’s laughable that you bring it up as a possibility.

Pace might get a mulligan for getting them a legit franchise QB but not sure Nagy will get that mulligan if they don't produce in year one. Shit they might just throw both out the door while thanking them for their new franchise QB...LOL

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Agreed. Houston is over the cap, even if they trade Watson. You either wait for them to cut Watt or wait for Watt to ask out as it seems like it's a no-brainer that he will if not released.

The Quinn deal is interesting if they take back his bad contract. If they are willing to take on nearly 24Mil guaranteed that will be on their cap for at least 2 years (even if cut) for 1 year, 17M, more power to them. I'd still wait out to see if he's cut. But that 2nd deal would be tempting.

There's also 0 reason to pay the 3 DL combo of Hicks, Watt and Goldman a total of 37-38Mil next year when you only play 2 DL 70% of the time. Granted, Watt can play edge, but I'd cut Hicks in a heartbeat.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
If the bears make this deal it's back to football purgatory but hey the bears QB will put up nice stats. This team isn't in win now mode just compare the bears roster to playoff teams it's not just the QB.

We wouldn't be in football purgatory because we would have an elite qb who be a yearly mvp candidate and be in a position to win every game simply because hes on the field .

What Ive seen in the playoffs is

an old ass Brady
an old ass Brees
an average Goff
a 32 yr old Wilson
A stank ass Mitch
a 37 yr old rodgers
and some dude named Taylor Heinicke

Now we have a chance to get a 25 yr old elite qb if he chooses to come here but dont get what the hell any of you are talking about with this nonsense

In the AFC

Mahomes
Jackson
Allen
Carr the old man at 29
Herbert
Burrow
and two AFC teams sitting at #1 and #2 in the draft

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
As far as Texans defensive needs you could throw Goldman/hicks or Nichols/Roquan as their top needs as far as position. I think Goldman/Roquan would fill their biggest holes if it took 2 defensive players. Then you throw up to 3 1st rd picks if you have to.