Texans reporter on what it will take to get Watson

Brownie

Liked Posts:
The Bears will never agree to this, and I don't blame them...By the time they replaced the 2 defensive guys they gave, and got a first round pick back, Watson would be in an old age home.. You can't dismantle your entire team for one guy!

If we agree to give up all these picks and players, then we will be no better than this year's Texans for a while. We dont have the football minds and wont have the talent to build a quality team around Watson.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not sure what part of "He does not want to come here" that people don't get/ smfh He would veto it

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Those 2 defensive guys are easier to find than a QB. You make that trade 10 out of 10 times.

Only for the Bears. There are plinney of teams that can find an average QB but cant field a defense worth a damn.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!

Some of you are willing to go your entire life without witnessing the Bears having a franchise QB.

Fuck that.

Nah man, just not overly obsessed with it to give up the future. Walk before you can crawl and get a complete offense. Watson will be looking like Randy Watson with THIS coach, OL, and WR unit.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nah man, just not overly obsessed with it to give up the future. Walk before you can crawl and get a complete offense. Watson will be looking like Randy Watson with THIS coach, OL, and WR unit.

How old are you?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
Since we're giving away the next couple of years of our draft choices why not throw more future #1's for JJ Watts?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Here is the package:

1. This year's 1st
2. Next year's 1st
3. This year's 2nd
4. 2023 2nd
5. 2023 3rd
6. Roquan Smith
7. Jaylon Johnson

So you trade away the future of the team for a 4-12 QB???

That kind of push is exactly what will keep the Bears in 4th place for the next decade.

I'd think even a mentally Special person person could see the Bears need a LOT of help as is to compete with the big boys. But yeah...4-12 sounds even better than 8-8 the next few years. :/

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Honestly, what future? The constant attempts to draft, trade, sign a QB and miss, while they build out a defense to give us a two year window as long as everything goes perfectly, just for that lack of QB play leads to the fall of the team, coach, and GM. Rinse and repeat for a few more decades.

Seen that show. It's frustrating, boring, and I'm no longer interested. And most of all, it doesn't fucking work.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Those 2 defensive guys are easier to find than a QB. You make that trade 10 out of 10 times.
How do you find them when you gave all your fucking picks away?

How can you call yourself a fan and want failure is what I'm wondering. You don't give away the farm for an overrated crybaby. Isn't that what you all claim was the lesson with Cutler?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How do you find them when you gave all your fucking picks away?

How can you call yourself a fan and want failure is what I'm wondering. You don't give away the farm for an overrated crybaby. Isn't that what you all claim was the lesson with Cutler?

Overrated crybaby? Yeah thats your take and its a stupid one.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you trade away the future of the team for a 4-12 QB???

That kind of push is exactly what will keep the Bears in 4th place for the next decade.

I'd think even a mentally Special person person could see the Bears need a LOT of help as is to compete with the big boys. But yeah...4-12 sounds even better than 8-8 the next few years. :/
Attributing wins and losses solely on the QB is dumb as well. Because the problem on the Texans was everything but the QB

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I agree, but honestly I'd rather give up defensive starters than more picks.

Only way we will be good with watson is to retain some of those picks.

I'll happily let Quan/Jackson go if that nets us Watson and also saves us giving up another first or second. I think we've all learned defense doesn't really win championships anymore. Sure it helps, but if you don't have that QB you're fucked.
And yet the Packers HAVE that QB and have had pretty shitty defenses....so by your logic, Rodgers must have what, 6 or 7 rings then?

Watson has made so many of you go full Special person, it's scary.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So if we are able to pull off this type of trade giving up multiple 1sts and 2nds along with Roquan and Johnson, what kind of record do you think the Bears will have next year? I am not concerned with having a losing record as I would expect it as the team around Watson will be thin. I mean, it depends on how we can fill the OL out and if we can keep Robinson to go along with Mooney and if Kmet can break out. On defense though, giving up Roquan and JJ and with Mack and Hicks aging, they could stink next year.

The only reason I am asking this is because I am curious if the Bears having a losing record with Watson next year would cause Pace and Nagy to get fired. I hope it does and the Bears can have a year of rebuild under new regime with Watson.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Overrated crybaby? Yeah thats your take and its a stupid one.
Says the dummy that wants to trade away the farm to get Watson, and become the exact same shitty team is crying to leave right now.

Yeah, let's make the Bears a 4-12 team and be worse than the average they were the last two years. But I'm sure he'd put up a ton of garbage time stats, so the Watson dick lickers would be all over that.

I guess it's stupid to want your fav football team to win.

No wonder why everyone up here in Wisconsin laughs at you guys.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
So if we are able to pull off this type of trade giving up multiple 1sts and 2nds along with Roquan and Johnson, what kind of record do you think the Bears will have next year? I am not concerned with having a losing record as I would expect it as the team around Watson will be thin. I mean, it depends on how we can fill the OL out and if we can keep Robinson to go along with Mooney and if Kmet can break out. On defense though, giving up Roquan and JJ and with Mack and Hicks aging, they could stink next year.

The only reason I am asking this is because I am curious if the Bears having a losing record with Watson next year would cause Pace and Nagy to get fired. I hope it does and the Bears can have a year of rebuild under new regime with Watson.
If you give all that up, you're not paying AR $20 plus million. You're using that money to buy free agents to try to fill all the holes you couldn't in the draft.

So your D is gonna get far worse, it already started this year, and your #1 WR is likely Mooney, who could turn out to be a one hit wonder for all we know. I think his build is gonna lead to a ton of injuries the more featured he is.

Oh, and you're still gonna have a coach who doesn't like to run the ball.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
And yet the Packers HAVE that QB and have had pretty shitty defenses....so by your logic, Rodgers must have what, 6 or 7 rings then?

Watson has made so many of you go full Special person, it's scary.
Would you rather have the Packers success or the Bears over the course of Rodgers career?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If you give all that up, you're not paying AR $20 plus million. You're using that money to buy free agents to try to fill all the holes you couldn't in the draft.

So your D is gonna get far worse, it already started this year, and your #1 WR is likely Mooney, who could turn out to be a one hit wonder for all we know. I think his build is gonna lead to a ton of injuries the more featured he is.

Oh, and you're still gonna have a coach who doesn't like to run the ball.
So we are in rebuild mode. It is kinda like we were a 3-13 team and took the number 1 pick and drafted a 25 year old star QB. Now we have to fill out the roster around him in the next few years.