TGDT 1/27 - Red Wings (2-2-0) @ (5-0-0) Blackhawks 6:00PM CSN

R K

To be fair we were terrible tonite....flat-footed, poor decisions, no jump, could not catch a pass. Winning streak will end soon if we play like this much longer. That is 2 games in a row not playing our game. I know, lots of games, but no excuse for the dead we were tonite.

We must have brutally failed to get the puck out of our end 20 times tonite because our wingers were too damn high on the wall, or not on the wall at all.

Hawks were Lucky to get any points tonite, IMO.

WHAT?

That's what happens when you play 6 games in 9 days, having just a hugely physical game yesterday.

With a Wings team that's been sitting here for two days waiting for us.

I don't believe "luck" had anything to do with tonight's game. Good teams find ways to win and that's what they did tonight. They could have easily had 2-3 more goals as well.

The first period the Hawks came out flying. Was no flat footed going on in the 1st period I saw. 2nd period the team that played yesterday was on the PK for what, 8 minutes? Including a minute of 5 on 3? How many PP goals did the Wings score? ZERO.

What would anyone expect in the 3rd period? A team with Jump? For those dumb fucks in the 300 level booing them after the PP in the 3rd period, FUCK OFF! They were CLEARLY fucking gassed and RIGHTFULLY SO!

cplmac

Liked Posts:
Fuck that cuss away! Damn sorry I missed the game tonight.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I am going to assume you were kidding especially because that was light for him. only 3 fucks, I applaud him it's 3 more than i give

sth

Liked Posts:
WHAT?

That's what happens when you play 6 games in 9 days, having just a hugely physical game yesterday.

I don't believe "luck" had anything to do with tonight's game. Good teams find ways to win and that's what they did tonight. They could have easily had 2-3 more goals as well.

The first period the Hawks came out flying. Was no flat footed going on in the 1st period I saw. 2nd period the team that played yesterday was on the PK for what, 8 minutes? Including a minute of 5 on 3? How many PP goals did the Wings score? ZERO.

What would anyone expect in the 3rd period? A team with Jump? For those dumb fucks in the 300 level booing them after the PP in the 3rd period, FUCK OFF! They were CLEARLY fucking gassed and RIGHTFULLY SO!

During the chat I said the same thing. The booing during the PP really pissed me off. It was only the second PP of the game and they had scored on the first. Booing a PP is a classic bandwagon fan move, all they needed was to yell shoot during it.

R K

Interesting. Datsyk shadowed Kaner all game. Wonder why Datsyk had a bad game. Seems the task took all his time.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I pretty much agree with the point that they were gassed. I'm glad Crawford came up huge... probably 4-0-2 if not for him.

R K

Another thing with conditioning. Look at the guys who had good games tonight. Frolik, kruger, stalberg, Leddy. All guys who played during the lockout. No coincidence with the massive schedule. Good they have two full days between games.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am going to assume you were kidding especially because that was light for him. only 3 fucks, I applaud him it's 3 more than i give

Assume away!

Great to see the Hawks finding different ways to win.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
WHAT?

The opponent had 1 day off and have been going through pretty much the same grind.

We were just plain not doing things correctly tonite.

Wingers too high on the wall or not there at all for the breakout pass.

We got jumped just inside our own line and turning pucks over all night.

All night long our guys were standing and watching not reading that a teammate was getting in trouble...either not seeing the read or not bothering to act to help.

This was against a team that started with only 6 NHL defenseman (and not great ones at that) and now has 2 of those on the shelf hurt.

tvltre

Liked Posts:
The opponent had 1 day off and have been going through pretty much the same grind.

You don't get it. The Wings were done Friday night and flew to Chicago that night. Were here waiting all day Saturday resting before their game with the Hawks. Plus, the same grind huh...probably why the Wings have only played 5 games instead of 6.

The boys were gassed. They had just got done with a physical game less than 24 hours earlier. As RK stated earlier.

If you really think the Hawks played bad last night because of they showed up unprepared...you really need to watch more hockey.

The boys came out solid in the first. Took the lead after only a minute in a half into the game. Yeah, that is flat isn't it?

By the third period after the top lines had spent much of the time killing off 6 straight Power Plays in the second...you actually think there should be jump in the boys after that. They did a great job finding a way to beat this team.

Just because the Redwings have lost players and only really 1 scoring line...doesn't mean they are not deadly. This kind of team is very dangerous since they will do everything they can to claw out a win.

Hawks did that and more to get this win.

tvltre

Liked Posts:
During the chat I said the same thing. The booing during the PP really pissed me off. It was only the second PP of the game and they had scored on the first. Booing a PP is a classic bandwagon fan move, all they needed was to yell shoot during it.

I noticed that to since it was all coming from around me. I understand they didn't have a shot on goal...but these guys needed a break. They had just been skating hard for 40 minutes and the fans think they can just go further in the tank for more.

Hawks now have 6 straight games scoring on the PP, which is leaps and bounds above what they accomplished all of last year.

R K

We were just plain not doing things correctly tonite.

Wingers too high on the wall or not there at all for the breakout pass.

We got jumped just inside our own line and turning pucks over all night.

All night long our guys were standing and watching not reading that a teammate was getting in trouble...either not seeing the read or not bothering to act to help.

This was against a team that started with only 6 NHL defenseman (and not great ones at that) and now has 2 of those on the shelf hurt.

You completely missed the point. As Tvltre pointed out above, again.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Third game in four days for the Hawks (three cities in four days)...

Third game in six days for the Wings (two games were in Detroit at home, last one in Chicago)...

Pretty sure they were gassed at the end. They were not only coming off a back-to-back, but the Dallas game went into overtime too.

Does it really matter though? The PK played really well: Hjalmarsson, Oduya, Crawford, Kruger, and Frolik did a fantastic job. Leddy and Keith scored their first goals of the year (can't complain about D production)... and we've produced on the power play for six straight games now.

Can't dominate every game. The last two looked like the worst games the Hawks have played this year so far... but they found a way to win and ultimately that's all that matters.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Some people are going to nitpick and not understand what kind of grind this is going to be - 48gms in 100 days. They have zero idea of the travel, time zones...that take its toll

Its going to be everywhere in the league - not just Chicago. Watch other teams.

Throw in the fact that means pretty much zero practices. The fact DET had days off before this game, was golden for a coach/team to be able to prepare...and probably work on a thing or two before this game.

Teams/coaches have to learn on the fly this year. There isn't PP practices...probably a lot of chalkboard teaching at best. But it's not the same as getting reps.

This team has been looking very good...even when gassed. The D has been extremely impressive with their stretch passes/outlet passes. Can't tell how many times I've seen Oduya in these few games hold the puck a bit longer, when the winger isn't there - just so not to throw it away. Or eat it on the boards, take the hit...just so not to try throwing it out of the zone. No doubt that's also carried over to Hjarll doing the same. The puck possession of the team is looking very good.

This is going to be a massive grind, and this team gets an A++. Not sure how much better than can be right now, in every singe facet of the game.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
There's even a slight chance the Hawks are going to lose one...maybe twice this year. God forbid when that happens.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Good teams find ways to win and that's what they did tonight.

Nutshell_1.gif

Ton

Liked Posts:
There's even a slight chance the Hawks are going to lose one...maybe twice this year. God forbid when that happens.

If you would have told me during the summer that this team would start off 6-0-0, have the 8th best power play, 2nd best penalty kill, 4th in goals per game, 7th best goals against average, lead the NHL in points, and have a 7 point lead over 8th place I'd take it any year. The only other team that comes close to that stat line is the Sharks, only their PK is 17th overall.