TGDT 12/10 - Blackhawks (21-6-5) @ Stars (14-9-5) 7:30PM CSN

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="216460" data-time="1386719100">
<div>

We had a discussion about that today.  I'm glad our team doesn't have a bunch of douche bags.  We wouldn't have the character we do if we did.</p>

</p>

I wouldn't love him on our team.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Shaw is a similar player...just sayin.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
As much as I'm tired of seeing the Stars, I bet the Stars are tired of seeing the Hawks. hahah.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="216488" data-time="1386777930">
<div>

As much as I'm tired of seeing the Stars, I bet the Stars are tired of seeing the Hawks. hahah.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Why?</p>

The Hawks have only outscored them 16-9 in 4 games, LOL.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
The good news from last night is that Jeremy Morin had zero points and was a -1 so he's safe on the big club.... for now.  Let's hope he doesn't get any points tonight or he might be back on the next bus to Rockford.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="216485" data-time="1386776513">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Antoinne "Merriwether" Roussel Runs guys like Kruger & Kane.</p>

</p>

Andrew Shaw runs guys like Chara.</p>

</p>

just sayin' :)</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="216485" data-time="1386776513">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Big difference between Roussel and Shaw - Shaw doesn't headhunt or flips skates out from under players like Roussel. Roussel is out there with clear intent to injure, and he's targeting skill players.</p>

</p>

Steve Konroyd brought up a good point after the game last night...this is going to lead to one of the Stars' skill players getting injured. Hell, if I'm Darryl Sutter I dress Carcillo the next time the Kings play Dallas and tell him if Roussel goes after any of the Kings skill players I want Seguin or Benn in the hospital.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They both hustle, play physical, play with an edge, have some offensive skill and agitate.  That's all I meant.   I think they both have a reputation in regards to play.   You can certainly argue Roussel is the bigger douche and I wouldn't disagree.   </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="216552" data-time="1386785700">
<div>

They both hustle, play physical, play with an edge, have some offensive skill and agitate.  That's all I meant.   I think they both have a reputation in regards to play.   You can certainly argue Roussel is the bigger douche and I wouldn't disagree.   </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

No worries man...just messin' with you.</p>

</p>

Maybe I've got the home-colored glasses on, but Shaw to me doesn't have a reputation as a cheapshooter.  It seems to me Rousssel is taking the path travelled by Carcillo, Torres, and Orpik.</p>

R K

<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Not really.  I have yet to see Shaw do the Hack shit after the plays... </p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Tell you what, if you completely get rid of fighting in the game, there will be more and more guys like Roussel trying to goad and injure the star players.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="216564" data-time="1386787101">
<div>

No worries man...just messin' with you.</p>

</p>

Maybe I've got the home-colored glasses on, but Shaw to me doesn't have a reputation as a cheapshooter.  It seems to me Rousssel is taking the path travelled by Carcillo, Torres, and Orpik.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Are you kidding me... helllllllooooooo Mike Smith called... haha.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="216590" data-time="1386793068">
<div>

Are you kidding me... helllllllooooooo Mike Smith called... haha.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

The laws of physics disagree with Smith.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="216615" data-time="1386797007">
<div>

Shaw's Reputation?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Article is complete horseshit as to be expected from that site. Says he's been suspended several times then sites his AHL activity, and his one bullshit suspension in the NHL. He hasn't done anything at the NHL level to warrant the reputation. And he doesn't really site facts that dispute that. I am not dumber for having read that garbage.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, I'm not going to say Shaw isn't chippy or doesn't occasionally cross the line, but unlike Torres, Carcillo, Cooke, etc. he doesn't appear to be maliciously dirty and he's not a habitual line-stepper.</p>

</p>

Really, it's not like every time he steps on the ice you're worried about him putting another player into the ER</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure the teams we play dislike Shaw in the same way we dislike Roussel.  That was one article from a Blackhawks site (I agree it's BS) there is plenty more out their about Shaw being a hack, deserved or not.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
I think Shaw is more comparable to Brad Marchand, rather than Rousell. He's chippy, doesn't back down, and fights his way through the trenches -- that is probably why opposing fans hate him and opposing players hate him, he makes it hard on them and sometimes he can be cheap but I don't think it's intentional (aka Mike Smith.) Rousell is quickly becoming the next Raffi. A skating cheapshot artist.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="216674" data-time="1386862353">
<div>

I think Shaw is more comparable to Brad Marchand, rather than Rousell. He's chippy, doesn't back down, and fights his way through the trenches -- that is probably why opposing fans hate him and opposing players hate him, he makes it hard on them and sometimes he can be cheap but I don't think it's intentional (aka Mike Smith). Rousell is quickly becoming the next Raffi. A skating cheapshot artist.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And he's not a French turd like Rex.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimson" data-cid="216675" data-time="1386862430">
<div>

And he's not a French turd like Rex.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Officenote.gif
</p>